Bug Bar

90s

my nephew stopped at the bug bar Thurs/Fri (7th or the 8th) to off load & ride from there. The owner?? was quite rude in telling them to move on & park somewhere else. I'll talk to him when he gets back to get the full story, but this doesn't seem the right way to welcome snowmobilers, especially at the start of the season.

Yenann

my nephew stopped at the bug bar Thurs/Fri (7th or the 8th) to off load & ride from there. The owner?? was quite rude in telling them to move on & park somewhere else. I'll talk to him when he gets back to get the full story, but this doesn't seem the right way to welcome snowmobilers, especially at the start of the season.

Did he ask for permission to park? Or just show up and expect it?

POLARISDAN

since u dont have the full story..ill just say this..why would one assume parking at a restaurant and offloading is ok? it takes UP tons of space..that being said..certainly with asking he would have gotten a yes or no from Don..and not just told to scram...so will be curious for a followup..and if Don is out here maybe what his policy is...

Dsbasecamp

This is Don and Donna from the Mosquito. We are working on getting opened as soon as possible, we are hoping by Christmas.

We will try to respond to all your question as we can. First off because of all the legal issues none of the parties involved are allowed to discuss what happened. We can only says that the issues have been resolved.

We had several of our friends that were helping us yesterday at the Bug Bar. We were having trailers full of wood being delivered and stacked. We asked a couple trailers to move on because they would have been in the way of all the work trying to be done. We are sorry if anyone was offended.

We also had just had the septic cleaned out on Monday and we are trying to get the ground froze before all the snowmobile trailers start driving over it. We are not sure how the insurance issues would have worked on that if someone's trailer had gone through.

Also, we are reading a lot of comments about if we will give the business 100%, we definitely will give 100% plus. We have a new menu ready to go, Don soups and chili will be back. We are getting all of the employees lined up, everyone is excited to get the bar running again.

Thank you and hope to see you soon,
Don and Donna

garyl62

This is Don and Donna from the Mosquito. We are working on getting opened as soon as possible, we are hoping by Christmas.

We will try to respond to all your question as we can. First off because of all the legal issues none of the parties involved are allowed to discuss what happened. We can only says that the issues have been resolved.

We had several of our friends that were helping us yesterday at the Bug Bar. We were having trailers full of wood being delivered and stacked. We asked a couple trailers to move on because they would have been in the way of all the work trying to be done. We are sorry if anyone was offended.

We also had just had the septic cleaned out on Monday and we are trying to get the ground froze before all the snowmobile trailers start driving over it. We are not sure how the insurance issues would have worked on that if someone's trailer had gone through.

Also, we are reading a lot of comments about if we will give the business 100%, we definitely will give 100% plus. We have a new menu ready to go, Don soups and chili will be back. We are getting all of the employees lined up, everyone is excited to get the bar running again.

Don and Donna

thumbs up.jpg

Iowa Rider

Don and Donna

Great news ! Thanks for the update, I know you will do it right. My sled has always stopped at the Bug :)

Modman440

Looks like I know where my first ride will be to!!! Great to hear from the owners them selves and not speculation!!!

MOD

Sledhead!

Excellent, will be up there for a quick 2 day hit on the 27/28th. Will for sure come by for some of Don's chili, can't wait.

dwz

Sure would like a sneak preview of that new menu Don, how about a few teasers for the Mayor!