Carter's Corner 2013\14 season!!!! snow Reports from Togwotee....

Jacob

We're almost there! Conditions are sounding great! I'll be sure to post some pictures of the conditions!

pez

I received a two word email from my instructor/teacher/guide last Friday......."it's deep" Wasn't sure if it was the kind of pizza he wants me to bring or the snow conditions. Flight leaves in a few hours!

carter

Been at it hard...no time to write........conditions are good.......a little cool, but the cold is holding the snow....a rescue yesterday....10 guys track hunting got into a place, and couldn't find their way out....texting to a friend and we found them and performed our professional guide we will get you out services.......humbled all 10..........happy and all was ok......nite ride in the mountains........"The Black Pearl" strikes again, .......LOLOLOL.......ok, so today I have a fat head.......me, Lefty, Matt, Matt, and Riley......great job all. More later...

snobinge

Been at it hard...no time to write........conditions are good.......a little cool, but the cold is holding the snow....a rescue yesterday....10 guys track hunting got into a place, and couldn't find their way out....texting to a friend and we found them and performed our professional guide we will get you out services.......humbled all 10..........happy and all was ok......nite ride in the mountains........"The Black Pearl" strikes again, .......LOLOLOL.......ok, so today I have a fat head.......me, Lefty, Matt, Matt, and Riley......great job all. More later...

One of the guys started a thread on SW praising the Guides at Tog...
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368865

Firecatguy

Great outcome....Riley sure is a lucky bugger have a dad like Kent and a mentor like you Carter.....you guys are the Best in the biz.....

carter

It's so deep, you can't even climb a small slope. Never had so much fun going down hill. Face shot after face shot.........what a mountain rider dreams of.......pushing 4 feet.....and up high there is 5 and 6 foot drifts that fill any open pocket you might have.......and I ain't kidding.....

- - - Updated - - -

Lookingforsnow......got you booked with Nathan. Will know tomorrow if he has any adds to that date.......more later.....

blob

Leaving in the morning, sounds like the snow will be near perfect this week. Thanks for the updates Carter.

carter

It's become a joke. It will not stop snowing........The storm is trapped on Togwotee mountain. Looks like 5 feet in last 7 days......sleds and your rider knowledge and ability are being tested. Shovels are required. I don't know about last nite, as I left in a white out.......it took 1hr.,45 min. to get home in that white out. Usually a 45 min. drive. I can't tell you how great the conditions are right now. Need to experience that for yourselves. To make it simple, its just plain deep. To all you storm chasers, now is the time........

snoclo

Sounds awesome, you having to carry fuel to make a full day, excluding the sit & watch lot posers.
Wish I were there, still a few weeks away, see ya in March.

carter

Fluff Wyoming powder in game creek today. Only made it up to the first benches due to sled troubles. 3 plus where I was headed, but alas no.........try again tomorrow. And you should know the forcast is for a 4 and a 3 and a 4 in the next 36 hrs. I mean holy cow this is goooood riding.......

rmkking

What are the conditions out there right now? Forecast is calling for upper 30's and 40's the next ten days. I'm heading out on St Pattys day. Did I wait to long?

lookin4snow

Conditions

What are the conditions out there right now? Forecast is calling for upper 30's and 40's the next ten days. I'm heading out on St Pattys day. Did I wait to long?

I am in the truck on my way back right now. It has been warm the last couple days and it took its toll on the great powder we had for 5 days. It snowed over three feet the week we were there. Yesterday we rode with Carter and the snow was still decent in Carter Creek. It was not the way over the hood POW we had, but it was still nice carving snow. The snow recovered well as the day before the snow was like mashed potatoes due to the sun being out. You should have a decent ride. Hopefully it will continue to snow when you are there.