Carter's Corner 2013\14 season!!!! snow Reports from Togwotee....

carter

Snowing as I left the lodge tonite.Wasn't snowing at the bottom of the hill so if it holds then we would be having one of those Togwotee things where it hangs onto the mountain and keeps on coming........here's hoping. Suppose to crank up around the 6th of Jan. There is still a lot of good riding to be had, but you have to know where to go to get it. A lot of the easy stuff is rode hard, but you can not judge Togwotee by that. Big place, lots of powder out there........

carter

A little bit here a little bit there, and before you now it we have 10 inches of fresh..........meadows are still a bit hard pack under the fresh, but riding is good..........lookingforsnow and his friend Dan will verify.Talk to them when they get home on Sunday.........

carter

Togwotee flash storm yesterday.........4 inches in 3 hours.......so, about 14 in the last 3 days......

Jacob

Great news! 7 days to go... Don't use up all the snow. I made some changes to my sled and hopefully it helps out (removed the sway bar).

lookin4snow

December 27 to January 3

Rode with Carter for 6 days over New Years week. Thanks for finding us great snow - Split Rock, Tripod, Kettle, and of course Carter Creek (Game Creek)! If you ride the trail, drive down the highway, or look at the web cams you will only see hardpack pounded areas. But not too far off the beaten path you can find some great snow. Here are a few pics showing some examples of what we rode. Two of our days probably were near our top 10-15 powder days! Now we wait until first week of March for another 7 days at Tog.

IMG_0615[1].jpg IMG_0606[1].jpg IMG_0600[1].jpg

luke_duke

I was there on the 30th. My buddy messed his knee up the day before skiing in Jackson Hole so I had to drive myself from Jackson. I was paired up with a couple fellas from Michigan and had a great time along with our guide Brent. I cannot believe how much work it actually was riding in the mountains.

On a side note...When I was leaving that night around 6:30 I thought I heard screaming. I looked in my mirror as I was pulling out and got to witness 3 ladies holding on tightly together in there undies hooting and hollering as they were doing hot laps on a sled in the parking lot. I wanted to turn around and see if they wanted me to warm them up. Is this part of the overall package you get when you book with a guide at Togwotee? I hope someone else can verify what I saw.

Firecatguy

Rode with Carter for 6 days over New Years week. Thanks for finding us great snow - Split Rock, Tripod, Kettle, and of course Carter Creek (Game Creek)! If you ride the trail, drive down the highway, or look at the web cams you will only see hardpack pounded areas. But not too far off the beaten path you can find some great snow. Here are a few pics showing some examples of what we rode. Two of our days probably were near our top 10-15 powder days! Now we wait until first week of March for another 7 days at Tog.

View attachment 44305 View attachment 44304 View attachment 44303

good to hear!!!!sure miss Carter Creek...lol......this kind of snow makes some the best Internet!!!you have to know where to find it, alot people think you can just show up out west and find good snow, most the time that is possible but when its like this guys like Carter are priceless......I always see the value in going guided after traveling that far only to be disapointed in the snow and that sucks......

my top powder day is still the day we rode with Bob, just wish my skills where better back then....hahhahaha

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GKCDXhx3Eik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was there on the 30th. My buddy messed his knee up the day before skiing in Jackson Hole so I had to drive myself from Jackson. I was paired up with a couple fellas from Michigan and had a great time along with our guide Brent. I cannot believe how much work it actually was riding in the mountains.

On a side note...When I was leaving that night around 6:30 I thought I heard screaming. I looked in my mirror as I was pulling out and got to witness 3 ladies holding on tightly together in there undies hooting and hollering as they were doing hot laps on a sled in the parking lot. I wanted to turn around and see if they wanted me to warm them up. Is this part of the overall package you get when you book with a guide at Togwotee? I hope someone else can verify what I saw.

gota love the Lodge......good times.....

Last edited:

Jacob

Any idea how or if the temperature warmup the weather man is predicting is going to affect conditions?

jonw

Not sure what warm-up you are referring to. I live about 50 miles (as the crow flies) from Togwotee Lodge...basically on the other side of the Tetons. It has been puking snow here all day, so if Togwotee hasn't gotten it yet....it will soon!!

I would have zero concern about any kind of warm-up affecting conditions. At the elevation of the lodge and the even higher elevations you will be riding, it will be an non-issue.

This weekend should be epic!!

JasonF

good to hear!!!!sure miss Carter Creek...lol......this kind of snow makes some the best Internet!!!you have to know where to find it, alot people think you can just show up out west and find good snow, most the time that is possible but when its like this guys like Carter are priceless......I always see the value in going guided after traveling that far only to be disapointed in the snow and that sucks......

my top powder day is still the day we rode with Bob, just wish my skills where better back then....hahhahaha

Same here, the first year I rode at Tog was 08 with Bob and the snow was insane. The four days we were there it never stopped snowing, we were having troube just getting through open meadows without getting stuck, we were pretty green though.
Our group will be out there riding for 5 days, Jan 31st - 5th.

Firecatguy

Same here, the first year I rode at Tog was 08 with Bob and the snow was insane. The four days we were there it never stopped snowing, we were having troube just getting through open meadows without getting stuck, we were pretty green though.
Our group will be out there riding for 5 days, Jan 31st - 5th.

hmmm we rode with a few guys from Mi back in 08 with Bob....and you described that weekend to a t..did you race motocross at one time?

polarisrider1

For those going to Tog. Ask for Matt B. for your guide. Tell him Wayne sent you. (Unless your a poser). He is way fun and loves the sport.

JasonF

hmmm we rode with a few guys from Mi back in 08 with Bob....and you described that weekend to a t..did you race motocross at one time?

Na, that week our group was riding solo. We have rode with many other people from different parts of the country and its always been a blast!

I have never ridden with Matt Wayne, may have to see if he's available!

carter

Lets not fight boys,..........riders are riders and well the others know who they are......so yesterday we rode 3 feet all day, and the storm is just getting here. 5, 7, and 2.....in the next 36 hours......we have powder..............

snoluver1

Lets not fight boys,..........riders are riders and well the others know who they are......so yesterday we rode 3 feet all day, and the storm is just getting here. 5, 7, and 2.....in the next 36 hours......we have powder..............

Good news! Thanks for the update. 2 weeks and counting till go time.