Carter's Corner.....

polarisrider1

Skylar, same here on first time at Tog. Made 3/4 way up steps and had to sit down. I started laughing, thinking this is all I got? By morning I was fine. Pace yourself out there and take breaks. I have taken my young buck employees out there and they fair the worst. Smokers suffer big time. I have had 25 yr. Old smokers cash in early while this 50 yr. Old non smoker rides circle around them. Needless to say that does not make them happy. Hydration and pink lungs is key.

carter

Carter Sez.....

I don't get it!!!!! What about your 63 year old leader. 125 days, 9 hrs. a day and around 6000 miles in a season...... He keeps on ticking..... thanks for the rope and the help Wayne.... LOLOLOLOL

polarisrider1

I don't get it!!!!! What about your 63 year old leader. 125 days, 9 hrs. a day and around 6000 miles in a season...... He keeps on ticking..... thanks for the rope and the help Wayne.... LOLOLOLOL
Oh the memories of that! I know that carpetguys are a hardy and very durable bunch kinda like cock roaches. Dontcha know! Lol

carter

Carter Sez.....

Hey Kris Krause, did you hook up with Paul Parker and if so how did it go? Fill me in.... how many trips are planned together? I hope he showed you a picture of that cute kid...

lookin4snow

Paul and I got together at the snow show on Friday night! His brother Bill was there as well as Skeedoo from this site. We had great conversation and are looking at early March for possibly riding at Tog. I am waiting for Paula to get back to me after she talks with Jeff G. on some issues, but Dan and I are planning on March 5-12 for a week of riding! We are working out the details on everyone's schedules!

Also ran into Matt B. at the Snow Show. It was good to see him as well.

Last edited:

carter

Carter Sez.....

" FLASH " just heard the weather report, WOW Sunday we expect 3-6 inches of snow in the Jackson valley and 12 to 16 inches in the mountains. Usually when they forcast its at an elevation number. Like above 8000 ft. Not this time. Its all the mountains. here is hoping it dumps.... More later...

skeedoo

Hey Carter, thanks for the update. I spoke with a buddy out in Grand Lake, Co. the other day and he said the mountain behind his house has at least a 10 inch base starting about mid way up the mountain. Still no snow in the valleys but its a great start!!!!! Keep the updates coming, more like this one and I'm gonna go start the sled and race it up and down my yard and tear up any blade of grass that made it through our drought this year.

carter

Carter Sez.....

I goofed..... heard the weather again and listened this time, LOL 12+ above 10000ft. But ya know they get it wrong all the time.. here's hoping it comes lower. More later...

carter

Carter Sez.....

I checked the webcam at Togwotee and its too dark yet. Brooks Lake Lodge looks like 5in. Got 2in on my yard in Jackson. Teton pass slick and can't tell how much... If brooks got 5 so did Togwotee pass. I'll post more when I can see....

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a nice wet snow. Hopefully it bonded well to the ground and sticks around for the season and there will not be a weak layer at the surface all season like the past two years.

-John

carter

Carter Sez.....

Yes, John, it is wet. Just talked with Derek, he drives to the lodge from Doubois and his report is 10 + at the pass. Blowing and drifting and wet. My fingers are tingling.....

carter

Carter Sez.....

To all you dreamers, the snow report for today is: top of Togwotee Pass 30 inches at the lodge 24 inches. Riding on Saturday.....checking it out...