Carter's Corner.....

Firecatguy

To all you dreamers, the snow report for today is: top of Togwotee Pass 30 inches at the lodge 24 inches. Riding on Saturday.....checking it out...

Lucky bugger!!!!!!dont be wearing that shirt I sent ya.....thats not for first rides....hahahha...maybe you should send it back!!!!!

doo_dr

Fabric puller tease!!!!

To all you dreamers, the snow report for today is: top of Togwotee Pass 30 inches at the lodge 24 inches. Riding on Saturday.....checking it out...

Watch it guys and gals. The next thing this transplant will tell you is that God logs in to JD just to get snow advice from him!!! He is going to tease us until June 1st 2011 (his last snow ride for the year).

carter

Carter Sez.....

Doo Dr., about the conditions report, there will be no teasing period. Last year we had guys putting bad info on the net. I won't do that. It's important to everyone what is going on here so people can plan trips. Don't care if they choose another riding area as long as they know the real poop here at Togwotee Mountain. Last year we had a bad trail system early on and up high 4-5 ft of powder. The damage was done with this guys bad report. Not this year... And so it goes... no new snow to report, going to cloud up and rain and snow Sat, and Sun. More later...

polarisrider1

Doo Dr., about the conditions report, there will be no teasing period. Last year we had guys putting bad info on the net. I won't do that. It's important to everyone what is going on here so people can plan trips. Don't care if they choose another riding area as long as they know the real poop here at Togwotee Mountain. Last year we had a bad trail system early on and up high 4-5 ft of powder. The damage was done with this guys bad report. Not this year... And so it goes... no new snow to report, going to cloud up and rain and snow Sat, and Sun. More later...

Thank you Carter for your Honesty.

Firecatguy

hahah I belive every word Carter says......last year I broke my wrist and never rode till march! alot people said the snow sucked at Tog and not to go.....I even talked to a guy who stayed at the Lodge that week and he said no snow!!!!!!well here is the no snow that Carter brought us too!!!!!!!

Togwoteemarch2010patspicsday3010-1.jpg

Last edited:

doo_dr

Fabric puller tease!!!!

Carter. I wasn't denying your weather reporting capability. I was stating that you will be teasing us with reports that have been verified "BY YOU"!!!! That's the tease!!! I have not doubt that you will give us a honest report because you are one of the few that ride what you call so we can not second guess you. My only fear is that Klim will not be able to make a helmet large enough to fit your ego (friends giving each other guff)! See ya soon.

Attachments

• 100_1227.jpg
    100_1227.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 36

Firecatguy

Carter. I wasn't denying your weather reporting capability. I was stating that you will be teasing us with reports that have been verified "BY YOU"!!!! That's the tease!!! I have not doubt that you will give us a honest report because you are one of the few that ride what you call so we can not second guess you. My only fear is that Klim will not be able to make a helmet large enough to fit your ego (friends giving each other guff)! See ya soon.

He out grew his helmet a long long Time ago!!!!hahaha

carter

Carter Sez.....

Update....3 locals rode Togwotee pass Sat. and said they had a 15inch base with6-8 inches of powder. Lots of stumps and rocks already covered. They called it a good first day. Two more friends up today... I'll give more when Scott and Dave return thius evening...

m8man

Firecatguy,

Awesome pic. I will be out there mid Feb for my first trip. I've never been out sledding anywhere but in the yoop. Cant' wait.

m8man

carter

Carter Sez.....

Got my report from Dave and Scott....most places had 24 to 30 inches. They rode 3 hours and had a gas.. The base is there and snow is coming now. Small amounts in town with more at elevation. I get jacked up because Togwotee is at or above 8600 so it means its getting the precip. more later...

Firecatguy

Love it!!!!!you going to be riding a Pro this year?

Firecatguy,

Awesome pic. I will be out there mid Feb for my first trip. I've never been out sledding anywhere but in the yoop. Cant' wait.

m8man

your going to have a Blast M8man it is some the best Terrain I ever seen!!!

carter

Carter Sez.....

Yes on riding a Polaris. The fleet this year is 800 RMK's. That is ok with me cuz I don't like the Protaper bars. I already have shocks to replace the stock ones with. Looks like a good sled. One problem I spotted is the tin plate between the footrest and the back of the secondary clutch. Lots of open space for cooling and snow on the clutch. Wet spinning. Working on a fix as we speak...

Firecatguy

Yes on riding a Polaris. The fleet this year is 800 RMK's. That is ok with me cuz I don't like the Protaper bars. I already have shocks to replace the stock ones with. Looks like a good sled. One problem I spotted is the tin plate between the footrest and the back of the secondary clutch. Lots of open space for cooling and snow on the clutch. Wet spinning. Working on a fix as we speak...

nice........looks like a good sled....Red bought one last week!!!!!THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to climb something steep and do some cornice jumps.

can't wait

m8man

I love to jump, I have always wanted to drop a cornice also. Lets just say that things change when you are at the top of one, looking down. :)

polarisrider1

I love to jump, I have always wanted to drop a cornice also. Lets just say that things change when you are at the top of one, looking down. :)

Tough talk, till you get there. Carter and I was there, I shot the video. Carter was the leader. I was the last in on the idea. "The don't know" was far tougher than "Drag race hill" or "widow maker" going down it was pure doom. The Pro's shooting the videos fail to show the crashes and have unlimited amounts of sleds to go through. skylar, you and I don't have those options. Things change dramatically when at the top looking down and more so on the way down.

Last edited:

carter

Carter Sez.....

Hey you guys, I've got 2 really good drops that will pucker your pucker...Not the " Don't Know", these 2 are must does...I always check these first so we can bail if needed. By the time I'm done with you guys you won't even be thinking "Drops" , its called riding... I do have spots where you can cornice jump, I'll watch... I don't jump well. Also, there are millions of mini jumps that go with the flow of riding, LOL, LOL. Is there room for clean underwear in your backpacks? More later...