Carter's Corner.....

carter

Weather.....

Good To see ya at Haydays keep us up on the snow this winter!!

I will try again this year to give an accurate view of snow conditions and riding conditions. Again not just about Togwotee area but all that I know to keep the juices flowinggggggggggggg.................So far its the fall start, hot, cold, rain, flurries, melt,.....oh, the trees haven't turned yet..????

carter

Its coming......

Jackson Hole Daily News reported the El Nina is coming again this year..... They don't know if it will be as big as last year but close... Lets see....45 ft. for the winter and 18 ft. in APRIL.......Time to get all jacked up..........enjoy your fall.....

WIrider

Carter - Can't come soon enough.....Sled is on the rack and the "honey-do" list is getting shorter so I can start getting the sled in shape. Paul (Techsledder) and the crew are thinking about dates to get back out to Tog this year....just need to talk them into a couple trips this winter....

carter

As soon as the ground gets a freeze level this stuff will stay, until then its nice to look at and dream about. Driving is wet and messy, hopes are high, and I'm getting all jacked up........new sled is on the truck headed this way, and thats enough for now...

carter

Laps complete... On another note, on the way up to Tog. yesterday we came upon a large Grizzly having breakfast about 100 ft. off the hiway...we stoped to gaze at this marvel. Dean tried to take a pix. with my cell camera and failed, but what a sight to see. It appeared not one bit afraid. Maybe it saw more food, LOLOLOL...Also there are lots of patches of snow holding. Its not deep yet but holding is good. Means the ground has begun to freeze. More later....

pale rider

you will not likely see that snow/set up like that in that time frame,ever again,1 in 25 yr. thing
anyway was a great ride,ya know/good dogs,flies buzzzing,+oh that f------,white doo thing ruined the
parade,anyway enjoy yer ride FCG,see ya on the dark side???????????

Firecatguy

Joesy wales....

you will not likely see that snow/set up like that in that time frame,ever again,1 in 25 yr. thing
anyway was a great ride,ya know/good dogs,flies buzzzing,+oh that f------,white doo thing ruined the
parade,anyway enjoy yer ride FCG,see ya on the dark side???????????

hahhahahaha you will be seeing alot of me this winter Joesy!!!!making the move to Jackson in Nov...no white doo.....see ya when the snow is deeeep!!!!!

Last edited:

carter

Weather service says La Nina,......I'm going with that.....Got grooves in the garage floor.........they start tar on the road up from Blackrock on Monday. long time coming....Sunny and 50 at the lodge today, HMMMMMMMMMM.....

looking good from here...

This is a better scene than my 60F and sunny skys here. :(

Attachments

• 2011-11-01_Tog.jpg
    2011-11-01_Tog.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 52

carter

I remember this time last year, wondering if it was going to start?? When thanksgiving hit so did the weather. And we couldn't buy a sunny day...Arctic Cat got creative with nothing but clouds and snow....gee, that was horrible, so much snow to romp in and in such a short amount of time it came. I hate being impatient....LOL.....more later...