dispensary's

ezra

so did they open any on the western end of the UP yet? or are we still going to have to drive 1/2 way across the UP for supplies

whitedust

Several good entry locations possible Watersmeet, Ironwood and Iron River all would bring jobs to the UP.

wisco-mb

For anyone that's been to the Houghton site, how's the prices?

The Illinois tax is pretty ridiculous. 17% on flower, 25% on edibles! I've been to Verilife down in Ottawa a couple times. The line back in March was pretty long. Stopped a couple weeks ago, and right in.

Stench

Prices?..... You're in the middle of nowhere..... Milk, gas, everything has a cost to get it there. The place in Houghton was comparable to Colorado, Nevada, and California, for non-resident, non-cardcarrying, customers. The high prices are kinda silly if you ask me..... still allows for a black market on those goods.

whitedust

Prices?..... You're in the middle of nowhere..... Milk, gas, everything has a cost to get it there. The place in Houghton was comparable to Colorado, Nevada, and California, for non-resident, non-cardcarrying, customers. The high prices are kinda silly if you ask me..... still allows for a black market on those goods.
It’s grown right there in the western UP doesn’t get trucked xcrosscountry. They charge what they charge and tax revenue goes right to MI the cost of legitimate business. Excellent revenue stream for the state. I wish WI would wake up take the tax revenue to repair roads. Evers panhandled the pot vote to get elected and treated prolegalization residents like a 1 night stand without cab fare. Lol

xsledder

For anyone that's been to the Houghton site, how's the prices?

The Illinois tax is pretty ridiculous. 17% on flower, 25% on edibles! I've been to Verilife down in Ottawa a couple times. The line back in March was pretty long. Stopped a couple weeks ago, and right in.

Ridiculously too low!!! The tax rate should be at least 100x that. I mean, since the whole reason for decriminalizing it was for all this wonderful tax revenue!

slimcake

I remember college, well kinda anyway, I was paying 50 bucks for an 1/8 so those prices don't seem to bad. Man those were the days....

Big money involved,heard on WGN yesterday morning 23 million in tax revenue from pot and 26 million in tax revenue from alcohol, not sure if that is for the year or for a month.

snomoman

I remember college, well kinda anyway, I was paying 50 bucks for an 1/8 so those prices don't seem to bad. Man those were the days....

50 bucks for an eighth, holy crap, I remember back in the day when I was a youngster I could buy Mexican for $15 an ounce or Acapulco gold for $20 an ounce, unfortunately the Acapulco gold got me in big trouble with my parents when I came home totally pie eyed, boy those were the days back in the 70s in my youth, back when men were men and sheep were scared...LOL

goofy600

Do you have some examples?
I believe I pay standard 5% tax here in WI.

There are taxes built in by the government before it ever gets to the consumer then at the store you just get taxed the county tax. Just bought 300 gallons of gas 1.89 a gallon then after all the taxes comes out to 2.48. Get a hotel at least in big cities and there is all kinds of extra tax, last time in Madison I think there was a 13% on top of county tax.

chords

I checked a reciept from May. For a $50 buy (1/8) - excise tax was $5 and sales $3. They sure do make easy. Quite a few along I-75. I already knew what I wanted. Pulled up, cute girl comes out to my car and placed my order, she comes back, we do the handoff and away I go. To bad there are no drive up beer stores.

wisco-mb

There are taxes built in by the government before it ever gets to the consumer then at the store you just get taxed the county tax. Just bought 300 gallons of gas 1.89 a gallon then after all the taxes comes out to 2.48. Get a hotel at least in big cities and there is all kinds of extra tax, last time in Madison I think there was a 13% on top of county tax.

Well maybe on some hotels, but not with gas and alcohol.
WI Gas tax is 30.9 cents per gallon. I have no issues paying an extra $7-8. But $25 I do!! That's what my tax was on my last purchase in Illinois. Shame on them!

Sounds like Michigan is much more reasonable!

xsledder

Name another item taxed as heavy as that!
I'm all about creating tax revenues, but not greed!
Looks like Michigan is 16%. https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illi...ons-highest-could-keep-black-market-thriving/

Everything, but I don't need to respond. Those other taxes weren't sold as a bill of goods to be a panacea for all the revenue ills in the government. They developed the lottery to pay for schools, but schools are still broke. They allowed gambling to pay for schools, but schools are still broke. Now, the next panacea was pot to make up all the missing revenue. I don't believe that line either based on past experience. So, if another sin/vice tax is going to be the panacea, tax the **** out of it. If you don't like the taxes, don't buy it. Why stop at pot, make prostitution legal and tax the **** out of it. That seems to be the mindset now a days. (If we can get money for it, make it legal)

xsledder

Big money involved,heard on WGN yesterday morning 23 million in tax revenue from pot and 26 million in tax revenue from alcohol, not sure if that is for the year or for a month.

That's big money?! That doesn't even scratch the surface for fixing the State's financial woes. ****, Gov Jelly Belly (JB) is cutting the budget by $711 million and there still will be a deficit. $23 million either a month or a year, what a joke!