Dog sled team hit by Snowmobiler in Bayfield WI

wiscrev

I do believe that turbo is talking out his
donkey-picture-id517016954

old abe

I know the Bear Skin if you ride a bike on it you are supposed to pay a fee. Do dog sleds have to also? My dog is sleeping next to me as a type so I like pets. I do not like fat tire mountain bikes on the trails either they are hard to see. I am in the bicycle business also so I see it both ways but think all groups should have money in the game if they want to use the trails.
Perhaps check out post #51?

WorkHardPlayHrd

WorkHardPlayHrd, I completely agree with your post but on the news this morning in response to your "what descent human being hits any living thing and then drives off" in Milwaukee a young woman was killed by a hit and run driver, never stopped, kept driving and yet to turn himself in so unfortunately in answer to that... these people are out there unfortunately and again I say... MAN UP!! if you know what you did.
I agree Euphoric1, 100%. The few hurt the many. Most snowmobilers will help anyone with an issue on the trail. How many of us have helped and been helped by our fellow riders. Unfortunately this incident is getting National coverage and making us all look bad! It's not just that the individual drove off. He is hurting everyone.

To those few saying it should be snowmobilers only. The Tri-County Corridor has been listed as multi use for years. Just like the Buffalo River Trail down here. In the summer we watch out for horse back riders. DNR controlled, and they are not going to shut down any type of outdoor activity. They encourage it. My daughter is looking seriously at going into the DNR and rode with a warden for a few days. They had one encounter where a snowmobiler was harassing people walking on the trail where it goes through town. The sledder got fined and registration revoked. It was second offense.

My daughter knows the people involved and saw them the other day. She apologized for the incident. They asked her why she was apologizing for something she didn't do. She said because they make sledders look bad and we're not all like that. They said, we know that. They told her not to apologize for something she had no control over, be sorry for those who are unable to care about the rest of mankind.

saber1

kind of reminds me of the Tanya Harding ,Nancy Kerrigan assault .Maybe it was a planned hit take him out of contention

eyeman

What color sled, helmet and/or jacket? Exactly when and where did it occur? Direction of travel? Post a map with any/all information. With all of the trail cams, other sledders, social media, restaurants, bars, etc... the perp should already be known. Bayfield's finest should quickly get to the bottom of this. Did the DNR follow the sleds track? Did a cell call go immediately to the authorities? Does anybody know anybody that was sledding the area at "that" time/date?" Something seems amiss here. Thoughts and prayers for the dog(s).

renegade

What color sled, helmet and/or jacket? Exactly when and where did it occur? Direction of travel? Post a map with any/all information. With all of the trail cams, other sledders, social media, restaurants, bars, etc... the perp should already be known. Bayfield's finest should quickly get to the bottom of this. Did the DNR follow the sleds track? Did a cell call go immediately to the authorities? Does anybody know anybody that was sledding the area at "that" time/date?" Something seems amiss here. Thoughts and prayers for the dog(s).
I read on the facebook comments it happened at 6:40 in the evening. Take it for what it is, but if it did happen in the dark, much more understandable how it happened. But still should have stopped.

turbo420

The guys said he didn't get a good look at the snowmobile But did say the snowmobiler had a mega hat on. lol jk

WorkHardPlayHrd

The guys said he didn't get a good look at the snowmobile But did say the snowmobiler had a mega hat on. lol jk
The sled dog owner said the sled might have been yellow. Unfortunately that doesn't help us. How many sledders drive Ski Doos, 40%. No special wrap, no standout colors. Would like to help, but info is needed.

xcr440

I saw a couple dog sled teams heading out on the grade east of Iron River, west of Ashland on Thursday. Their truck had Alaska plates on it. I don't know how you could not see them on the trail LOOOOOOONG before you get to them.

The LEO's were out in HEAVY force around Iron River last week, and not just during the day.....