Electric vehicle

katden4

1%

Just under 1% of all the cars in the US are fully electric vehicles (EVs). This number doesn't account for partial electric and hybrid vehicles. In 2020, electric and hybrid vehicles saw a huge jump in sales, approximately 76% for hybrids and 83% for fully electric cars.

And they are having trouble with charging them now? I just cant get creative enough to imagine what is going through the Dems crazy minds right now? I am not against EVs , but this plan seems to have a significant hole in it. Call me crazy, but I think I will pass on this for a few years.

pclark

1%

Just under 1% of all the cars in the US are fully electric vehicles (EVs). This number doesn't account for partial electric and hybrid vehicles. In 2020, electric and hybrid vehicles saw a huge jump in sales, approximately 76% for hybrids and 83% for fully electric cars.

And they are having trouble with charging them now? I just cant get creative enough to imagine what is going through the Dems crazy minds right now? I am not against EVs , but this plan seems to have a significant hole in it. Call me crazy, but I think I will pass on this for a few years.
You are not crazy, This was not well thought out, no plan behind it other than shutting off oil and migrating to EV. That's the world the Government lives in because they don't have to be accountable to anyone. The Government continues to stick their noses into everything and it's a proven fact that everything they get involved in they screw up.

united

Moving in the right direction?

Bipartisan Governors’ Group Pushes Midwest Hydrogen Economy​

A bipartisan group of Midwestern governors on Monday unveiled a coalition aimed at developing hydrogen as an alternative energy source to boost the region’s decarbonization efforts, spurred by recent federal legislative action.
The governors of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota and Wisconsin signed a memorandum of understanding creating the Midwest Hydrogen Coalition, which aims to boost investments in clean energy by identifying opportunities for advancing clean hydrogen production and use.
The states “recognize the Midwest has advantages in the production, transportation, and end-use of hydrogen to make investments in the hydrogen ecosystem attractive,” the memorandum said.

Source

whitedust

I think making Hydrogen requires a high amount of electricity as well
No not at all as an energy source for heat with cars it’s a crap shoot but you would refuel just like you do now with gasoline. Hydrogen is the future can mix with nat gas too. Hydrogen can bridge oil to all EVs allow the grid to grow. I definitely support investigation as an energy source.

whitedust

To make it still requires electricity. It's not a naturally accruing thng
That’s only 1 way to produce hydrogen. Green hydrocodone can be produced by biomass and bio waste and of course water. I think government wants to explore different methods of scaling hydrogen production to see what is doable for mass production. If hydrogen can be scaled its a big winner for all types of energy applications. It’s a good thing to consider to see what’s possible. I’m pumped that hydrogen is being considered especially since the grid is already being over used.

garageguy

95 percent of Hydrogen is produced from natural gas a process that produces alot of greenhouse gas. Natural gas is needed to heat homes and has more than doubled in price. The only other way to make it is through electrolysis of water that requires electricity a great fuel but takes resources and energy to make it. Kinda like charging yer Tesla with diesel generator. Till some big breakthrough happens we are all better off burning the gas and forget about
the green new speal.

whitedust

95 percent of Hydrogen is produced from natural gas a process that produces alot of greenhouse gas. Natural gas is needed to heat homes and has more than doubled in price. The only other way to make it is through electrolysis of water that requires electricity a great fuel but takes resources and energy to make it. Kinda like charging yer Tesla with diesel generator. Till some big breakthrough happens we are all better off burning the gas and forget about
the green new speal.
They are looking into biomass and biowaste plus making hydrogen from sand. Imo invest in looking at new methods to see if hydrogen can be scaled to mass production. Green energy is preferred thruout the world so it’s imperative to be a leader in the industry. What’s needed is a bridge plan to green renewable energy that allows the world to wean off ice and oil. Cold turkey ain’t it

whitedust

Yes, it's just not ready yet.
The money is allocated for research to see what’s possible with hydrogen it’s not for taking it to market today. Hydrogen needs consideration but has a lot of resistance from oil and electric industry mainly because it’s a HUGE competitive threat to them. The market potential for hydrogen is real and can be fuel for anything and everything that uses energy so the resistance is understandable. I’m all for any and all hydrogen R&D.

euphoric1

did anyone hear Ford to build 2 plants in Tennessee I believe, devoted to electric truck and battery production and battery recycling? supposed to create 11,000 new jobs (good luck with those). Still a long way off before EV take over.... I HOPE!

Northstar

The nice thing about Hydrogen is that is is an energy that can be stored, transported and is a lot more dense than batteries. So if you make hydrogen while the sun is shining and wind is blowing you have something when the sun goes down. Of course that would assume that Wind or Solar can actually generate a surplus, which it cannot today. So unless it is generated from Nuclear then we are just like charging the Tesla from the diesel generator.

G

G

did anyone hear Ford to build 2 plants in Tennessee I believe, devoted to electric truck and battery production and battery recycling? supposed to create 11,000 new jobs (good luck with those). Still a long way off before EV take over.... I HOPE!
Old news.

G

G

It just got here Monday. They are putting on the extra stuff I ordered and then I will take delivery.

And then I will start to share the good, bad and the ugly with all of you.