Fear the Deere

skiroule

The hood is a little reminiscent of a GPX, which, in my opinion was the coolest Yamaha of the 70’s

No glass or lithium batteries planned for the opening but I am looking at grill options. The opening will be somewhat functional because I had to remove the cooling air flow shrouds to make room for the scoop.
IMG_2913_1.jpg

These Liquidator look-alikes have become so popular that one enterprising young fellow has been producing these scoops that can be easily retro-fit in a Cyclone/Liquifire hood. He even provides a template for cutting the initial hole.

After cutting the hole and flipping the hood over, I laid down a layer of fiberglass mat/resin around the opening, installed the scoop, and laid another layer of mat/resin over the flange. Then I weighted the scoop to maintain good contact with the hood. Probably the most times I’ve lifted the dumbbells in the last five years.
IMG_2969_1.jpg

Good one Gary. There could be a bit of Frankendeere going on. I’m glad you used the term “madness” rather than “insanity”. It sounds so much more, well, sane. Time will tell if there’s a difference.