Gas

pclark

Premium was $8.05 in LA yesterday, weird thing was Regular unleaded was $8.05 gallon. California has all sorts of regulations regarding emissions so not surprised. Premium is $5.49 here in the Northwoods, Going to Chicago today, will stop in Madison and buy it for $4.83 gallon.

Brandon says he feels for us and is doing everything he can?

mezz

Premium was $8.05 in LA yesterday, weird thing was Regular unleaded was $8.05 gallon. California has all sorts of regulations regarding emissions so not surprised. Premium is $5.49 here in the Northwoods, Going to Chicago today, will stop in Madison and buy it for $4.83 gallon.

Brandon says he feels for us and is doing everything he can?
Doing everything he can to keep us all in termoil. What a grand administration! Growing to be the longest nightmare ever.

katden4

I was in Palatine Illinois, I should have put that in sorry. That is Cook county which I believe is the highest in Illinois.

wiscrev

Brandon and his crew want us all to be subservient. Big Brother wants to watch our every move---it's here and comin more! I believe that's the feeling with all politicians.

kevinj

FJB announces we will pull 1 million barrels a day from strategic reserve...Gas jumped 30 cents. Just the other day he announced the largest one day pull and gas jumped another 30 cents. Supply and demand drives prices, but FJB has waged war on supply. Every policy change he has enacted from day 1 has had an effect. These 2 30 cent jumps were AFTER the cost of gas about doubled during his 1st year in office. I did a double take on Tuesday morning at 4.89 in SW WI on the way to work. It was 4.59 on Monday. He needs to go.

From Ted Cruz (like him or hate him, he's not wrong):
“The Biden administration's assault on oil and gas production began during his campaign when he pledged during the debate and I want you to look at what he said. He said quote, ‘No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill. Period. Ends.”

“That's what he promised the American people and you know what? He delivered on that promise the first day in office - he cancelled the Keystone pipeline. The next week he halted all federal oil and gas lease sales, stopping development on the part of the economy that produces 24% of America's energy. On May 7, Biden's Interior Department announced plans prohibiting oil gas production on 30% of U.S. federal lands on June 1, but first Biden revoked leases on the North Slope of Alaska, totaling 16 billion barrels of oil in stranded production. On October 7, Biden eliminated Trump's permit streamlining regulations. On October 29, Biden's interior began using the quote, ‘social cost’ of carbon in permitting, which is a new kind of analysis never enacted by Congress designed to get to know and deny permits. And then on March 21, just a few weeks ago, Biden’s Security and Exchange Commission announced a new regulation aimed at reducing investment in oil and gas cutting off capital for drilling. Supply and demand has been how prices have been set from the dawn of time, supply and demand still operates. The Biden administration has waged a war on supply and prices have skyrocketed. This is not an accident. This is not Putin. This is Joe Biden and the Democrats in the Green New Deal and they're desperately looking for a political excuse to blame somebody else for the consequences of what they promised they would do to the American people.”

goofy600

I’m feeling really good about my decision back in March to refill my 300 gallon fuel tank with premium for $3.97 a gallon delivered and it should get me through summer into fall. Not looking forward to next refill.

SledTL

I was in Palatine Illinois, I should have put that in sorry. That is Cook county which I believe is the highest in Illinois.
Man I feel for those who get bent over by cook county. My vehicle takes premium and filling up during 4th of July visit won't be pleasant. Palatine wanted to seceed at one point because everyone goes down the road to Lake where its cheaper. Its still low 4s up in MN.

mrbb

Gasoline has gone up the past week here, were at all time record highs on it here in PA, at about $4.90 a gallon,

but diesel dropped this past few days , any where from a buck to .50 cents a gallon pending where you buy it(its still at 6 bucks a gallon though)
I think truckers and consumes complaining about food costs rises, have forced some of the costs down per gallon of diesel
but its still crazy high
high ways and local roads are busier than ever with vehicles traveling here too, so doesn;t seem to be slowing many folks down, which I doubt is helping curb crazy prices, as if they feel they can sell it at this price, I don;t see them lowering it much or , not back to what it was for a long time , just my view, were in for a long road on higher prices and maybe the worse still coming!

mezz

Despite the rising cost of fuel, folks at this point are willing to take the hit at the pump because they want to get out & about after the craziness caused by the length of the pandemic. With the start of summer upon us, travel seems to be of great importance & traditionally, fuel costs stay high until fall. Reg Unleaded jumped .20 per gal yesterday, Will we see any relief at the pumps anytime soon? So much revolves around the cost of fuel, we can only take so much, the increases on everything are gowing by the day & it has to reach a stop point & soon.

G

G

Not gas but related. Got my propane prices for summer full and winter pre-buy. $1.90 for summer fill. $2.10 for winter pre purchase. I am not positive but I think I paid .89 for last summer fill and about the same for winter pre-buy. So it has more than doubled. Happy day. Gas $4.29 for regular here today.

mrbb

I don;'t see fuel prices falling come, fall, , winter blend fuel costs more to make? and always costs more at the pump due to it, I some how doubt this yr will be any different! as I said the worse might still be coming!

Hoosier

OPEC just announced they are increasing production dramatically to help with the shortage. So we can help the environment by not producing here and having them produce it over there where the environment doesn't matter! On the plus side we can send those nice people much more money too.

We should all be happy we got our little stimulus checks when most of the stimulus went who knows where and will be paid back by taxpayers in the future.

LoveMyDobe

Not gas but related. Got my propane prices for summer full and winter pre-buy. $1.90 for summer fill. $2.10 for winter pre purchase. I am not positive but I think I paid .89 for last summer fill and about the same for winter pre-buy. So it has more than doubled. Happy day. Gas $4.29 for regular here today.
Last July 2021 to this July 2022 I was locked in with propane 1.69 It cost 59.00 to join the "club:" with Ferrellgas for propane. This year locked in for 2.29 til July 2023 with also paying the 59.00 again. Don't have to prepay. Anything is better than cutting splitting wood for the outdoor wood burner. Gas prices are 4.79, not crying yet as my car gets 36mpg. Haven't hit the trails yet this summer so I guess I'll pay to play!!!! Guessing all the OT I work is good! Seems everything at the grocery store is increased in price except for beer and booze---Welcome to WI :)

whitedust

OPEC just announced they are increasing production dramatically to help with the shortage. So we can help the environment by not producing here and having them produce it over there where the environment doesn't matter! On the plus side we can send those nice people much more money too.

We should all be happy we got our little stimulus checks when most of the stimulus went who knows where and will be paid back by taxpayers in the future.
I don’t understand how the earth benefits by any oil refinery regardless of location? USA has EPA standards I have no idea what OPEC regulations has to adhere? So what’s the difference seems to be a cleaner process here plus less carbon in transportation.

pclark

I don’t understand how the earth benefits by any oil refinery regardless of location? USA has EPA standards I have no idea what OPEC regulations has to adhere? So what’s the difference seems to be a cleaner process here plus less carbon in transportation.
Great Questions, why can't this administration see that? They don't want to see it, there is a different agenda. US is the cleanest oil producing nation by far. I read that we don't have the capacity to refine all the oil that we can pump, it's funny that we had capacity two years ago.

Makes alot of sense to buy oil from a far away place and then ship it across the ocean on a carbon positive oil tanker but that is Brandon's world where nothing makes sense.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Great Questions, why can't this administration see that? They don't want to see it, there is a different agenda. US is the cleanest oil producing nation by far. I read that we don't have the capacity to refine all the oil that we can pump, it's funny that we had capacity two years ago.

Makes alot of sense to buy oil from a far away place and then ship it across the ocean on a carbon positive oil tanker but that is Brandon's world where nothing makes sense.
I know 3 older couples that are offering their guest rooms to rent by the month. They are allready getting very worried. I look at prices in store and can tell you that on the dairy side that the increase is not coming from paying the farmer more. My base price has gone up 3%. Milk at the store has gone up almost 45%. The creamery has also increased hauling by 100% on our end, and halfed the volume premiums. It is only going to get worse.

rph130

The old fool that sits in the white house just doesn't get it. He is hurting America, republicans and democrats alike. I hope that anyone who voted for him or those that helped him cheat his way into the presidency are just as sick as the rest of us. It has to hurt the democrats wallets just as bad as the republicans but their liberal mentality probably wont allow them to admit it.