Groomer stuck just a little

Standing ovation for those guys!! Thanks for pics - can't wait to see more. This is the most fascinating thread going right now.

DANGERWOLFF

They have some good people in that area. Have seen them pull sleds outta the channel in Cross Lake in record time to make the meat raffle in Merrifield. Be back to a groomed super highway in no time.

anonomoose

While lifting it out is a good thing, moving this mess may not be as easy as it looks to be.

I doubt the machine is running, or that you would want to run it having been in the soup...might do far more harm.

Then moving that skid with relatively narrow skid base, might just put the whole thing right back in the soup.

Guess we should see soon....

Hope whoever is sending out the details can stay on the excavator project because that would seem a much larger task than the lift.

jojo69

Will need more then a few of those club grooming donation boxes in the bars to pay for the repaires.

Ramsey

Any idea whos excavator that is?

One of the earlier posts had the owners name. Stated that he has six or seven more, this one is the smallest in his fleet.

We all need to remember unfortunate incidents like this when we pass the donation boxes.

Job well done to the men and women who have put in the hours to get to this point.

ezra

any one ever try contacting the nat guard or other army training base would think ex Colonel or higher could to talk some one in to getting a chinook out for a "training" mission.even more so if on a State trail or state or fed land

D

Deleted member 10829

Front end bucket?

I've never seen a groomer with a bucket on the front? A plow, yes, a bucket no. They must use it as their plow, but I don't get it. Can anyone enlighten me?

jojo69

I hope everything is going to work out, I need you boys back on the trails to keep them smooth, so thank you for the hard work and I will be putting my money in the trail groomer jugs.

snowfish

I've never seen a groomer with a bucket on the front? A plow, yes, a bucket no. They must use it as their plow, but I don't get it. Can anyone enlighten me?

They use the bucket to "pre-groom" (no drag attached) road approaches, driveways, etc. Makes for a cleaner cut since it's scooped and not just smeared and packed. These guys do a fantastic job around here.

I'm just leaving to see first hand the progress.

BooneDawg

This is by far one of the more interesting post I've read in all the forums I've been to in the last year. Please keep up with the photos and the progress. Kudos to all involved.

Blu Du

it was toms backhoe, the groomer is lifted toatally above the ice now and has been started and every thing is fine. they are leaving it for a week to get ice under it, they also have timbers stuffed under it too. the next 3 nights are gonna be -20

ac1994

We were there Saturday 2/5 1 pm or so.....here is what we saw:

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_2270.jpg
    IMG_2270.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_2272.jpg
    IMG_2272.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 585

snowfish

I didn't get there until a little after 5:00pm this Sunday 2/6/11. Our short ride turned a little longer since the trails, on the SnowWay1 side, were absolutely mint!

Duplicate pics here, but I was able to get some decent close shots. The excavator looks to be almost submerged. I lift a corner tarp just to make sure it was still there.

Attachments

• 001 Groomer Down.jpg
    001 Groomer Down.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 678
  • 001a Groomer Down.JPG
    001a Groomer Down.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 633
  • 002 Groomer Down.jpg
    002 Groomer Down.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 647
  • 003 Groomer Down.JPG
    003 Groomer Down.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 594
  • 004 Groomer Down.jpg
    004 Groomer Down.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 629
Last edited:

snowfish

Couple more.

Attachments

• 005 Groomer Down.jpg
    005 Groomer Down.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 006 Groomer Down.jpg
    006 Groomer Down.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 594
  • 008 Groomer Down.JPG
    008 Groomer Down.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 678
  • 009 Groomer Down.jpg
    009 Groomer Down.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 667

pfeifest

Those pics are insane. Thanks to the people posting pics everyday. This is the best thread I've read in a long time!

favoritos

Thanks for the updates and pics. There is a lot of hard work in that whole project. The excavator is still sinking? That does not sound good.