Input needed for a guided western sled trip

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, here we go......2008-2010 Cat had an edge, as the Poo motor was blowing up like popcorn. 2011......Was the year of the new chassis, and it out rented cat. We had fights trying to put people on Cats. The poo turned into the Mtn. sled of choice. And the motors kept on blowing...........out of a fleet of 20 we blew 12 motors. Guys would ride Cat but not necessarily enjoy it. 2012..........Poo changed the motor and became bullet proof........1 motor down on a 600. Cat however went the wrong direction with the new Mtn. style and it in no way compared to Poo. No turning radius, stiff and generally a first year new Mtn. tank. 2013........Poo, has their ship together. No motors down, running and handling by far better than Cat. Cat made changes and got better at handling than previous years,turning radius better, but they had motor issues.......their turn in the barrel.........So, to answer the question........Polaris out rents Cat.....that's the way it is.......and our Polaris fleet takes a beating because of it..........I would say the cat lovers of the world have a good sled there, and Arctic Cat is working on the side issues to make it better. In conclusion,..........LOl.....Polaris had to take center stage. They put together a Mountain sled that just can't be beat.............yet........I know the other brands are trying.

Thanks Carter!! See you at Haydays!

polarisrider1

Ok, here we go......2008-2010 Cat had an edge, as the Poo motor was blowing up like popcorn. 2011......Was the year of the new chassis, and it out rented cat. We had fights trying to put people on Cats. The poo turned into the Mtn. sled of choice. And the motors kept on blowing...........out of a fleet of 20 we blew 12 motors. Guys would ride Cat but not necessarily enjoy it. 2012..........Poo changed the motor and became bullet proof........1 motor down on a 600. Cat however went the wrong direction with the new Mtn. style and it in no way compared to Poo. No turning radius, stiff and generally a first year new Mtn. tank. 2013........Poo, has their ship together. No motors down, running and handling by far better than Cat. Cat made changes and got better at handling than previous years,turning radius better, but they had motor issues.......their turn in the barrel.........So, to answer the question........Polaris out rents Cat.....that's the way it is.......and our Polaris fleet takes a beating because of it..........I would say the cat lovers of the world have a good sled there, and Arctic Cat is working on the side issues to make it better. In conclusion,..........LOl.....Polaris had to take center stage. They put together a Mountain sled that just can't be beat.............yet........I know the other brands are trying.
Thank you Carter. Honest info is always needed around here.

polarisrider1

come on only a fool that gets all there sled info from snow goer rents a Phazer

Those 60 HP (ya right) Opel cadets with tracks actually could not pull itself out of a small gully. But I did see them rented. And to appease Skylar I would take the m8 over the yami mtn........after exhausting all efforts of riding a "bomb" (to funny) or a Doo first.

Last edited:

carter

Just so you know, we did rent Phasers for 3 years. They were the beginner trail sled. But as we found out they steered worse than a dead power steering system... they were tough for beginners, So the boss, "Derek" sent them away after they were do to be rotated out. The only guy I saw ride one well was Riley Vahlsing, and he hated it. But was stuck with it until I put him on my RMK 700.........his dad still hates me for that......cost him big..........Now Riley is on a Pro-800 and loves it. Come ride with this kid this year and be humbled...................

luke_duke

Carter-I sent you a private message on here to see if you were interested in guiding my buddy. Didn't know if you saw it or not

Last edited:

rayds

WOW, this almost became a - what banner you wave- post. for Luke-- just make your reservations early and get the machine you like/want.

luke_duke

I will give Carter a few more days to get back with me since he seems the fan favorite on this site. I just figured he would be all over it since he replies on this site.

I might just rent a Polaris since my very first sled was an 87 Indy Trail. I am smothered in green right from the John Deere tractors I own to the sled I ride but there is something to be said about riding rentals hard and watching them fail.

I highly recommend you take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vodMxV4_9Ow You do have choices out there. I really enjoyed riding with Skinner Bell every bit as much as the guides out of Togwotee.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will give Carter a few more days to get back with me since he seems the fan favorite on this site. I just figured he would be all over it since he replies on this site.

I might just rent a Polaris since my very first sled was an 87 Indy Trail. I am smothered in green right from the John Deere tractors I own to the sled I ride but there is something to be said about riding rentals hard and watching them fail.

Luke_duke, your best option to get Carter is to book at Tog lodge, say you want a guide, and say you want Carter. And it just won't be you your buddy and Carter, if it is a busy day, they will put others with you, just so you are aware of this.

luke_duke

I knew we would be paired with others which is fine...I just figured he was in charge of booking himself. Thanks for the advice Skylar.

QUOTE=Skylar;334391]Luke_duke, your best option to get Carter is to book at Tog lodge, say you want a guide, and say you want Carter. And it just won't be you your buddy and Carter, if it is a busy day, they will put others with you, just so you are aware of this.[/QUOTE]

polarisrider1

Skinner is a cool dude, but, mohawks are not straight, and horns in your helmet is even not staighter yet.

LOL! ya your right. Skinner has a story to the Pink Mohawk and pink zippers in his gear, The horns are another story, that is just weird but makes one easy to spot in videos..

Firecatguy

Luke,
As for Carter and IM he does not answer them becuse he does not know where to look to find them....easy on him he only gets the posting part he rides sled way better than he runs a computer.......more than likey you best bet is to call lodge like skylar said or just ask Caretr in his thread and he can point you in right direction....

I thought they said skinner was working for the park service now?

polarisrider1

Luke,
As for Carter and IM he does not answer them becuse he does not know where to look to find them....easy on him he only gets the posting part he rides sled way better than he runs a computer.......more than likey you best bet is to call lodge like skylar said or just ask Caretr in his thread and he can point you in right direction....

I thought they said skinner was working for the park service now?

Last winter he was with Brooks Lake Lodge. From looking on FB he has been at Brooks lake this summer doing the horsey riding/tour thing with the "rich and famous". Tog. has many very good guides. One guy I really liked as a guide is Matt Binon. Sure miss riding with him.

Last edited:

ezra

Skinner is a cool dude, but, mohawks are not straight, and horns in your helmet is even not staighter yet.
I won a cat txi with the MN Vikings horns stickers on it at the vikings arctic blast charity thing a few yrs back.my wife loves it it is hers now.lol
roll reversal on that one

carter

You guys are hard on me.................Mullan, knock it off............LOL.....The reason I have not replied is I know I'm already booked for the dates he wanted and did not want to make anyone feel bad.........also, I'm not sure how many guys are in my group over New Year and if there is ride compatability........so, if it all works and I don't have 30, I'll try you fit you in......30, joke........more like 10.............but who is counting..............