It's February............time to speculate on 2014 sleds..........let the fun begin

shelby369

I'll start by confessing I have green blood.........I have been wishing for a 600 class DI from cat ...........time to start making a cat that gets better gas milage.

My two cents..............any thoughts ???

mezz

No need to fear making a confession of having Green Blood! Welcome to the club.:cool: I have been patiently awaiting Cats reintroduction to the 600 class, quite frankly, DI or EFI, it doesn't matter to me. I realize that the DI may be the future, but, their EFI is pretty darn good. I can't complain about gas mileage, though to me, mileage has not been a concern merely because of the kind of riding I do. IMO if one is concerned with mileage, they are trail riders, if that is the case, buy a 4 stroke. Hopefully we will see them get back into the 600 class again & soon.-Mezz

ezra

I'll start by confessing I have green blood.........I have been wishing for a 600 class DI from cat ...........time to start making a cat that gets better gas milage.

My two cents..............any thoughts ???

I was debating on buying a 2014 m8 so if they go DI then I guess I wont have to think about a new sled for a few more yrs.I have been a Guinea pig on to many new models Never again.
if DI in 2014 then my next new cat will prob be a 16.
as far as mpg goes on my last trip I was running with a 2013 RMK 8 I have a 11m8 at the end of the day we were with in 5/8 of a gal every day.the 10 assault was the only sled that had to use his extra gas can 2 times

sifarmer

i was very impressed with fuel consumption trail riding my xfire le 800. I thought it was great on fuel for the power.

indy_500

What I would LOVE to see from Polaris is a 4s Indy 136" but i HIGHLY and i mean HIGHLY doubt ill see that

shelby369

I'm not really complaining about gas milage, i just pull up... fill up and fly.....it's just I have usally 3 son's with me, so every stop is X4....... as far as a 4stroke, just not ready yet............. Is cat and Yamaha in bed together ???? rumor is cat sharing chasis tech in exchange for DI tech......Team Green

What I would LOVE to see from Polaris is a 4s Indy 136" but i HIGHLY and i mean HIGHLY doubt ill see that

Hopefully with a industrial weber motor that would be sweet. I want to see any brand 136" 4- stroke with 130hp and weigh 450 lbs. just a dream till then I'll keep my gade etec. Sorry for the smart remark Indy had to I hate that engine.

Last edited:

indy_500

why poos 4s is a slow pos

compared to what a 1100 cat turbo? it's faster than 1100 non turbo, faster than doo 1200 and faster than yami nytro and vector as long as its not leaking boost (which is a very common problem)

whitedust

Me too & think Poo not interested in 4s wants to go head to head with Doo on 2s. Cat new DI 600 2s even with yam tech would not touch for years. Cat in tuff spot for any DI 2s maybe better staying 4s start using Yamaha engines. Yamaha rumors running wild must be something new in 2014 most think Nytro replacement or 1 new commom platform simular to what doo does. Maybe a 4s turbo from doo for 1200.

G

G

Yammi has some good rebates on to clean out 2013's. Totallyamaha all excited for something new next year. I am hoping for a 400 lb supercharged Apex. It would have to be all carbon fiber and the seat would have to be filled with helium and it would cost about $50000 bucks. But hey - thats only $35000 more than they are now. You only live once.

catman66

I have heard a rumor from dealer in my area , that cat and Yamaha are working together for next years models. They are saying something that cat is going to supply Yamaha with rear suspensions and Yamaha is going to supply cat with motors. Said they will know more after a big show next month in Vegas. Might be interesting. If anyone knows anything about this shed some light on it.

whitedust

I have heard a rumor from dealer in my area , that cat and Yamaha are working together for next years models. They are saying something that cat is going to supply Yamaha with rear suspensions and Yamaha is going to supply cat with motors. Said they will know more after a big show next month in Vegas. Might be interesting. If anyone knows anything about this shed some light on it.

Yamaha could be OEM supplier of both 2s & 4s engines for AC just a simple OEM agreement for those who understand OEM biz & easy to implement. Win /win all the way. Anything beyond that is very difficult for me to believe. Jap & AC engineering organizations would be knocking heads like a brickwall on collaborative sled never happen. Yam could buy tech from AC & bring up to spec but probably don't need their help. AC is in very tough position without DI 2s engines & to do this on their own is laughable & that is being kind. AC would be in a very good position with Yam 4s engines for sleds & ATVs & very profitable for Yam. When you look at it from the biz/ profit side AC has nothing that Yam needs but just the opposite for AC. Size of company YMC is the giant & AC is dust in the wind. So now you know the facts maybe AC will use Yam engines & Yam maybe releasing a new common platform to replace either Nyto or Apex that has been designed by Yam & in the works for years. Anything beyond that is not happening just rumors spawned by the internet.

D

Deleted member 10829

When you look at it from the biz/ profit side AC has nothing that Yam needs but just the opposite for AC.

AC has nothing Yam needs? How about a lighter weight modern chassis? :) There may be other things too, but Yamaha has it's engine going for it, and that's it, period.

Hoosier

Yamaha could be OEM supplier of both 2s & 4s engines for AC just a simple OEM agreement for those who understand OEM biz & easy to implement. Win /win all the way. Anything beyond that is very difficult for me to believe. Jap & AC engineering organizations would be knocking heads like a brickwall on collaborative sled never happen. Yam could buy tech from AC & bring up to spec but probably don't need their help. AC is in very tough position without DI 2s engines & to do this on their own is laughable & that is being kind. AC would be in a very good position with Yam 4s engines for sleds & ATVs & very profitable for Yam. When you look at it from the biz/ profit side AC has nothing that Yam needs but just the opposite for AC. Size of company YMC is the giant & AC is dust in the wind. So now you know the facts maybe AC will use Yam engines & Yam maybe releasing a new common platform to replace either Nyto or Apex that has been designed by Yam & in the works for years. Anything beyond that is not happening just rumors spawned by the internet.

This all makes sense but I don't understand why Cat went away from Suzuki if they are just going to Yami. Don't hear a lot of complaints about Cat engines.

doospunk

Cat dust in the wind and has nothing Yamaha wants? I'd venture to say that's a bit dramatic and far from the truth. We'll See what happens, but I'm sure there's benefit for both.