New sled problems

moose822

I bought a 2015 arctic cat xf 8000 cross country limited edition a month ago and within 50 miles the electric start was only functioning intermittently. Now at 600 miles the decals are peeling off and it won't start. Needless to say I am disappointed and having bought 3 new arctic cat sleds and had problems with the last sled as well I am thinking this will be my last arctic cat sled. I am actually more disappointed because my 4 year old was going to ride with me this morning. I have taken the sled to the dealer and I am comfident it will be resolved because the dealer is good. In fact the only reason I bought another arctic cat is because I like the dealer and that they are local and I can keep my money local. Has anyone had similar issues with arctic cat sleds? The other brands?

whitedust

Had many problems with new AC 580 EXT in 96 & was the last AC for me never looked back. Check into lemon laws mine ended up back in TRF but still was a mess efi never was corrected.

dockside

2013 xf 800 - electric start quit after 100 miles. Service bulletin issued for this issue along with two others bulletins for the driven clutch and skid frame relocation. Seems to be all good now though, knock on wood......

ezra

Oh yeah U should defiantly check with a guy who decided to use FUSION as his screen name before your next sled purchase.

garyl62

There are a lot of Cats out there without problems. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having, but hope you're dealer will come through for you since you put your faith in him to buy this one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

moose822,

All sleds have some issues. Give it some time and I'm sure you will think differently. It sounds like you have a good dealer so give them a chance. Good luck!

old abe

Your dealer is the most important part of any buy of any brand. Stick with him to resolve your problems. If he is what you say he will correct your issues.

mjkaliszak

When the sled sticks you down on a trip that is when I start getting excited.
Have a new Cat El Tigre 6000 it suddenly threw a 1646 code... in the middle of a loop, that is an exhaust valve problem and it ran a while like that almost in limp mode sort of .... it took several restarts until it cleared... kind of weird but considering we stuck it in the drink and had to do the dump & pump & fog & seafoam thing... Ok...
Also had the oil switch stick on, dealer took care of that.
Hard to beat a good dealer when buying a new machine...

moose822

The dealer always comes through. I had the sled back in less than 4 hours. The injectors didn't close and filled up the bottom of the motor with gas. The service tech said he has seen this on at least one other sled and they had to replace the injectors and that solved the problem. This is just especially frustrating because the last new AC I bought (2011 F8 EXT) had the electric start stop working after the first year and a 2007 F5 I bought had the starter take a dump as well. The F5 didn't even have 1200 miles on it when I sold it last year.

Anybody can get a problem sled, know one brand is perfect.
I've had 4 poo 800s starting with the dragon an have 2 now assault,rmk, and never have had a motor issue, but
some people do. If its there fault or the motor.
But it seems custom to have everybody jump on an start bashing poo any time something comes up.
Not trying to pick on any brands just saying.

Hoosier

Now you no why BRP sells more Sleds than all the rest put together on this Planet.

And here I thought it was because they have an industry exclusive factory long block program. Or their exclusive sealed crank bearings.

Why does every time another brand breaks bring out the yellow pom poms?

Is it like little guy big truck syndrome?

Woodtic

Fusion is my Hero for taking a screen name nobody else would touch with a 10 foot pole. To the OP, hope your sled is all good now.

G

G

I like my old junk with no computers. Very little to go wrong that I can't fix myself. After hearing all the woes of all brands I will keep trusting my old ZR 9. Oh, and it didn't cost $12000 bucks and it will still kill 95% of the sleds out there in a straight line.

momoney2123

I like my old junk with no computers. Very little to go wrong that I can't fix myself. After hearing all the woes of all brands I will keep trusting my old ZR 9. Oh, and it didn't cost $12000 bucks and it will still kill 95% of the sleds out there in a straight line.

problem is you dont hear about all the success. People come to internet to find help with problem or just vent. After riding some 10+ year old machines and then jumping back on the 15, you can have the old iron. They dont ride in the same stratosphere. Unreal how far these sleds have come in fairly short time.

L

lenny

problem is you dont hear about all the success. People come to internet to find help with problem or just vent. After riding some 10+ year old machines and then jumping back on the 15, you can have the old iron. They dont ride in the same stratosphere. Unreal how far these sleds have come in fairly short time.

your both right! We have a 1991 pogo yammi that my wife loves, until she rode a 15 gade 1200. On a week night with smooth trails the old yammi will continue to slide down da trail for good reason but on a sat with high traffic it becomes a matter of safty. I can fix the old Yammi easily and it has a place in our garage. I would love to buy Di a doo gade and maybe some day I will.

Concerning OP question. My old neighbors are cat addicts and they have had great success with AC. I have ridden both their sleds and they are a sweet ride. No issues there.

tourguide

I agree, i know all about new engine technology but will keep riding my 03 and 04 edge chassis's. I deal with broken down $150k trucks all day while the old smokey diesels keep on trucking with little issue.