New sled problems

G

G

I have never been on a sled trip and gone to a bar or a restaurant and found fellow sledders looking for a trashed trail to demonstrate how well their sled takes the bumps. Nobody likes bumps no matter what they ride. Most of the new sleds offer very little wind protection not just for your head but also the rest of you. That is why you get threads about how cold will you ride. As far as turning there are very basic laws of physics that dictate that something with a lower C of G will out turn something with a higher C of G. Have you ever noticed that oval racers are right down next to the ice? Also the long travel suspensions take more HP to spin. A lot of them tend to hit a brick wall at about 100. That is a big reason the 800's are now more popular than the 600's. I have had the new stuff. The old stuff works better for what I like to do. Plus there is not much I can't fix myself. To each his own I guess.

F

fusion

Deer-tik, my opinion don't like BIOYA -thx

Last edited:

ezra

they all make great sleds now. they ALL have bs issues to deal with.
true on a smooth tight twisty trail I will take a old zr any day of the week over any new iron .if something is busted give me a sled with a hood.
but any other time give me any brand new sled. well almost any new sled the new old chassis yammi u can keep those. I have 0 intention of spending much time on well groomed warm day grade

G

G

I don't ride off trail. Ever. If I did obviously an '03 ZR 900 would not be my sled of choice. But I ride tight smooth trails. If the trails get rough I go to the firelanes. ZR 900's really like firelanes. If the firelanes melt I go home. So my sled works just fine for me.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about any problems with a new sled, regardless of the brand.My 2012 pro RMK 800 just turned 2500 miles this weekend. Zero problems.

POLARISDAN

problem is you dont hear about all the success. People come to internet to find help with problem or just vent. After riding some 10+ year old machines and then jumping back on the 15, you can have the old iron. They dont ride in the same stratosphere. Unreal how far these sleds have come in fairly short time.

yea its like sitting on the ground

timo

Sorry to hear about any problems with a new sled, regardless of the brand.My 2012 pro RMK 800 just turned 2500 miles this weekend. Zero problems.

i would hope so. 2500 isn't alot.
i got 12500 miles on my spare 99mxz carbed 600. the motor is bullet proof. no work ever done to the motor and i've honestly poured ten different oils in it.
i think it still runs, haven't tried to start it this winter.

i will say of all the guys ive ridden with over 30 years off the top of my head more have jumped shipped off AC than any other brand.

xsledder

'05 AC T660 Turbo Touring, 250 hrs, 5151 miles with zero problems before I sold it. Also had Polaris, Ski-doo, and Yamaha with problems, I don't get the point of these threads based on anecdotal information. I won't buy a Ford because of my experience with them, doesn't mean they are bad and who really cares anyway.

ezra

it is because as men we need to feel the 13k we spent was for the best sled around . even if it is not and the evidence is not looking good for our 13k we need a set of blinders and a hoard of cheerleaders waving pom poms behind our ego.if we spend a grand in kits it was not because it was in the back of our mind .it is just maintenance . when we dump a 2 or 3 yr old sled with under 4k on it . no it is not that we are at all concerned that the pile of junk is going to blow. we just wanted to go out and drop a fresh 13k that had been burning a hole in our pocket. well that and the bold new stickers

Last edited:
L

lenny

it is because as men we need to feel the 13k we spent was for the best sled around . even if it is not and the evidence is not looking good for our 13k we need a set of blinders and a hoard of cheerleaders waving pom poms behind our ego.if we spend a grand in kits it was not because it was in the back of our mind .it is just maintenance.

I like (thumbs up)

xsledder

it is because as men we need to feel the 13k we spent was for the best sled around . even if it is not and the evidence is not looking good for our 13k we need a set of blinders and a hoard of cheerleaders waving pom poms behind our ego.if we spend a grand in kits it was not because it was in the back of our mind .it is just maintenance . when we dump a 2 or 3 yr old sled with under 4k on it . no it is not that we are at all concerned that the pile of junk is going to blow. we just wanted to go out and drop a fresh 13k that had been burning a hole in our pocket. well that and the bold new stickers

I like that explanation. Egos, kinda like testicles dangling from the pickup truck.

ezra

I like that explanation. Egos, kinda like testicles dangling from the pickup truck.
oh I thought those were just a gay pick up line kind of thing for the wayside rest and truck stop parking lots for guys who are not hip to grinder

garyl62

cat logo.jpg thumbs up.jpg