New sled problems

blutooth

Doing this for 2500 miles puts a lot more stress on a motor than 7500 miles of trail riding. Just sayin. https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...37876231&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_comment

I have to clarify this. 2500 miles on a sled at elevation when you are making WOT pulls for more than 30 seconds definitely puts more stress on an engine. Off trail UP riding where your max WOT is 10 seconds (maybe) is no different than trail riding for the engine.

I think the UP puts a lot more stress on the chassis, track, skid etc though.

67rs

i have to agree with shelby: maintenance is huge i rode yamaha until 88 then went to polaris in 89 ski doo in 92 cat in 99 in 2ooo's rode cat yamaha polaris ski doo didn't like my 07 attack so back to ski doo 2011 cat z1turbo fast as **** 2012 back to ski doo 600 etec blew a piston at 1800 miles??? no clue rebuilt and rode till this year 8000 miles bought a 2015 1200 ski doo love it over the years the only sled i had a problem with was the ski doo never did figure it out but my sleds are in a heated garage greased every 300-500 miles checked over chaincase oil changed every year i run amsoil and oem my friends and cousins ride em like they stole em never grease no maintenance and have issues every time they ride?? they can not figure it out why i have no issues, with the bad gas these days and a lack of maintenance you are going to have problems, a friend bought a new cat 2010 starter went out first day dealer took care of it no issues since. if they have an engine or T1%S eventually they will give you problems they are all good when they run and they are all junk when they don't gonna keep the doo and looking at a polaris or cat next year. gotta see what they bring to the table. in the 70's and 80's i had issues every year the good old days..

snobuilder

Was laughing at the fact that he owns one and isn't bothered by the brand bashing and can laugh with the best of them.I could care less who thinks brand X is better that brand Y. Competition between the brands is always going to be better for the consumer. FWIW we bought 2 new Cats this year one great and one problem child that is in the shop for minor problems that hopefully will be resolved.I know at least a couple Doo guys that have had problems and a couple Poo guys too.Yamaha not so much.I hardly think the OP wanted to start ANOTHER brand bashing thread,but it will happen every time. I'm sure he just wanted to vent. I'm sure boondocking is harder on the sled ,or at least the belt...

- - - UpdateId - - -

The electric start on my 2010 F8 LXR was crap too and is still acting up for the current owner with 18,000 mi on the odo...........

you have a odo pic of that claim?

thebreeze

My 2015 Pro RMK just turned 650 miles. All it needed was new quick drive bolts, two tow trips, and a new set of plugs, and it is still super slow at altitude. I love it!

indy_500

My 2015 Pro RMK just turned 650 miles. All it needed was new quick drive bolts, two tow trips, and a new set of plugs, and it is still super slow at altitude. I love it!

Passed me up already! I've had to pop the throttle block back together twice and replace the rails, sitting at 645.

mjkaliszak

yeah, but, which ride are you referring to?!?! Lol! :rolleyes:-mezz

LMAO....

I have had plenty of new ones...

A couple of truths are generally universal.... at least in my opinion....

1) Snowmobiliers will never give up the brand loyalty thing ( 99% true anyways )
1A) I have

2) Best to stay away from a NEW model launch... 1st year sled... !
2A) If we don't have problems... I don't like something and I start modding until my ego is full or my wallet is empty !
2B) then in a season or 2 I get bored and want something else....

3) We enjoy/participate while using machines in an EXTREME enviroment.... if the sled don't go down, something else will happen and if we get back to camp " safely " we can live to ride another day !

It is almost impossible to expect the sno mo industry to refine snowmobile QC to the point of automobiles... there will always be some variable that changes... I guess to me.... being old, my eye's are shat, my hearing is bad... my disposition is " questionable " ( or generally cantankerous ) I'm grateful for a good days trip with friends... Just took a " bucket lister " out and we had a blast.... In spite of everything that can go wrong.... with me or my sleds.... I'm grateful !

NOW ... who wanted to straight line race their old steel against my new Tech ????? Bring it ! ( JUST joking.... but not really... I'm always looking for a challenge )

AND #4
4) I may need a NEW " RIDE... " .... so I too can go silent....LOL
Good thing " The Colonel " doesn't visit snowmobile boards....

Last edited:

EXCESSIVE FORCE

you have a odo pic of that claim?

What claim are you wanting proof for?
Sled had warranty till this past christmas eve and EVERYTHING that went wrong(not a lot) in the 17,000 plus miles i put on it was COVERED under warranty. The Only major problem it had was losing the mag side cylinder at 7,000 mi due to a leaking seal.Incedentally the SAME side went down (due to a ring locating pin on the piston breaking)AFTER warranty expired at 17,980 miles. At that point there was 17,980mi on the pto side without ANY problem. My buddy (current owner)pulled the engine out and went completely through it and said it actually looked pretty good considering the miles.I really don't give a rat's behind if you don't believe it and don't need to prove anything to you......