No offence if it's one of us but....

snomoman

Yes. Close out come in cold the moron will be there. If you don’t close out he’s gone.
I always log on then back off when I am using this site, I usually never keep logged in…
Log off..
Not sure if this makes a difference or not
Never seen (exhibit A) yet
as I said before…
I hope he keeps it from getting dark

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I have been working with the server host for the board. I was told they cleaned up all the malware, guess not!!!

I'll keep working on it!

My apologies!

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I know! I am pretty confident that it is actually associated with the ad publisher I use Ezoic. I finally had it happen on my computer last Friday and it acted just like a floating ad from Ezoic. I don't know how the floating ads were re-started, because I do not want them in the first place. I have initiated a trouble ticket with Ezoic, so hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

I would love to find the creep that has hacked the system and re-enact the Robert De Niro scene with the baseball bat from "The Untouchables" on him. Believe me when I say this crap pisses me off more than anyone here!

It WILL be resolved.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
It's not there currently and I was told yesterday that they figured out what was causing it, so hopefully it is gone forever.

-John

rph130

It's not there currently and I was told yesterday that they figured out what was causing it, so hopefully it is gone forever.

-John
Just signed on John at 8:25 am central time. Creepy guy still there looking at me.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh.

On the plus side, I have not heard from the IT guy saying he had fixed it, so it was me jumping to conclusions.

Hopefully it will be gone very soon!

-John

united

Not very long. He is back for me. They even interrupted him with a five second Adobe Acrobat advertisement. Like I wanted to watch him so I had to sit through the ad. Please tell me we will not have to deal with this guy the whole off season and then clear him out in November.

dfattack

I just logged in and he wasn't there. Maybe some of you need to clear your cache?? Just an idea.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Signed on this morning and the unwanted guest was gone. How long will it last?

Meanwhile, somewhere in Pakistan, our little friend is planning his next adventure. He's the guy that answers the phone when we call the "Help Desk" number. And he's gonna mess with you the next time you call with your box of parts and no instructions.😉