Official John Dee Snow Central Family Thread #164 (31,336)

Scoop, do not drive until the doc says it is OK. 95% of the time it will feel great. But in a panic situation where someone ran a red light or blew a stop sign, imagine the pressure and torque you would put on that knee when you slam on the brakes! Time will go quick.

kaboolie

Scoop if you rent a two up sled i'll drive you around this winter! lol Sounds like alot of you guys will be out of commission for sledding season.
Thought i was gonna be one when I had a fight with the weed wacker last week. Pretty sure I just pulled something in my wrist. Heard it pop twice, would be nice if the damn thing would start in less than 30 pulls!! lol

Bigvin, still clicking for you, don't remember everyday but I do the best I can. Remember to get a big tour bus for the whole JD family
happy.gif

B

brad_2001

Not me, Got PO'd the other day cause they are dinkin around on my shoulder and told them if I have to have surgery it gonna have to wait until April of 10, been livin with it sore this long whats six more month's.

Skylar whatchadoin to your sled???

Bradzoooooooo

samc

Skylar, what are you doing to the sled this time. New bulkhead? You buy one from Fabcraft or another aftermarket manufacture. Sounds like a lot of FUN work.

mrsjac95

HEY ALL! It's Thursday already! Wow... this week is zooming by! Kids start school Tuesday of next week! Both school moved their start times up by about 45 mins... the kids are cranky about it, I just say "early to rise, early to bed!"

Scoopy - Surgery... damn... that sucks! Do you have someone who will be able to help you out those first few weeks? I wish I lived closer!! TAKE CARE and take it easy, let it HEAL properly before you go start abusing it again! Then should be good as new.

Skylar - it's ALWAYS your fault... don't you know that? I was just informed that my boys are officially taller than I am. It's NUTS!

So what are you doing with your sled? Let's see some pictures when you are done... better hurry - it might actually snow this year!

I started my next class this week. It's Principles of Management class. First class proved that the next 8 weeks will be FUN but challenging.

EVERYONE - have a wonderful SAFE Labor Day weekend!!! I'm gonna be home with the kids doing all kinds of house cleaning and prepping for BACK TO SCHOOL!

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

S

skylar

Toward the end of the first year that I had my RMK, I landed off camber on a jump, and landed on a rock. I landed on the rock right under where my left foot is on the running boards, right below the front torque arm mounting point, and kind of buckled the tunnel a bit. It was still ride able, so that is what I did, rode it! But just before we were heading out to Tog last March I noticed the tunnel was cracking where it had kinked. So, I drilled a hole at the top hoping to delay/stop the crack, but that didn't work, so after the last ride in April the crack had made it all the way to the mounting bolts. So I will be putting a new tunnel/bulkhead on it. It will be a stock set up. Mostly because they don't offer the tunnel/bulkhead as a separate unit. A Van Amburg boondocker tunnel was what I wanted, but I really didn't want to drill out the rivets to separate the tunnel from the bulkhead. Screw that!

There will be other changes also, I will post pics as I go. Just found out today that I will be laid off for next week, so it looks like I will have the time to do it next week! YAAHOOO!

bigvin

<font size="+2">T.G.I.F.</font>

<font color="0000ff">Have a GREAT and SAFE Labor Day Holiday Weekend Everyone!</font>

<font color="0000ff">And Thanks Again for your Continued Daily "clicking" Someday it will pay off, and Real Drinks will be on ME! You All ROCK!</font>

<font color="0000ff">~Peace</font>

proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif
proud.gif

scoop

Happy Friday! It is supposed to be a beautiful long weekend. I have a lot that needs to get done this weekend before I am laid up with this surgery, but hopefully I will find some time for a little fun too.

1000 - I will try hard to not drive until the doc says, but I hate inconveniencing others that will get stuck driving me around. I have to go to physical therapy 2-3 times a week which means I will be pulling people out of work to drive me. I was told I can't drive for 3 weeks for the very reasons you stated. Yuck!

Julie - I have to rely on the people from work to drive me everywhere. My sister is supposed to drive up for the weekend after the surgery. Other than that, I'm on my own!

K-Boo - No offense, but if I healed enough to ride this winter, I'm riding my own sled! I'm was done with the two-up stuff 20 years ago!

Bradzoo - I had that attitude with my knee, but I finally realized I needed to have something done. The thing is, I abused it so long that I made it worse. Just be careful.

BigVin - I try to click on your songs when I remember, but lately this surgery preparation has been taking a lot of time. Just think, I will have all day, every day to click after next week. Thank heaven for wireless internet at home!

I need to get back to work. I have a lot to do before next week.

gostman07

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great Holiday! I am planning a BBQ at my house for Sunday but other than that just a lot of relaxing I hope.

Scoop - good luck with the surgery. I promised my wife I would get mine done this year but seems like there is always something delaying it. Can't you get a therapist to come to your house? That might work out better.

Hope everyone is doing well! Take care!

mrsjac95

Scoop - GOOD LUCK with your surgery this week! When you feel up to it, give me a call so I know how you are doing.

Hopefully y'all are having a good day off work! Dylan and I are cleaning the house, putting new school clothes away and doing lots of laundry.

He is excited about school starting - I think he's really looking forward to it. When we were completing the paperwork, there was a question asking what his goal for the school year was. Dylan's goal is to get really good grades and keep them up so he can get a job at Davanni's Pizza so he can buy Lego's anytime he wants! TOO CUTE!

Dustin's teacher this year is one of the best teachers for the 5th grade. This should help Dustin keep on track and apply himself. He really needs to bring his grades up. Middle school is when sports start.. no grades, no sports. He wants to play football - so he needs the grades.

Better get back to work, Dylan sees me take a break and he's off to Lego Land!!!

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

classic_chic

Hi all I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend!

I'm going out on a limb - but since Ali has now posted this on Facebook........please say a prayer for Ali and her family. Her brother passed away yesterday.
Keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers please..........

from her Facebook post: Allison Rivers Magnus says "she was so lucky to have such a great big brother. Rest in Peace Jim. You will be missed but forever be in our hearts."

I love you Ali - you need me - anytime anywhere - you know to just call............

yamahauler

Ali: Sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family!

Anyone into fishing, canoe or fishing trips and renting a cabin must check out Timber Trail Lodge in Ely, MN. www.timebertrail.com

Great location on chain of 4 lakes with BWCA access off of one of the lakes. Incredible rates for the cabins they have. I have been to a ton of places and I haven't seen a place since I was a young kid where all the employees/owners are so genuine and pleasant. We were so impressed that we booked a cabin for next year when we left. Also, very pet friendly in almost all the cabins as well.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I haven't had a nice relaxing weekend like this in what seems like years.

B

brad_2001

Ali we are so sorry for your loss, if there is anything we can do please let us know.

Brad and Kelly

mtrdep330

Ali....sorry for your loss

Hello to everyone....its been months since I've been out here...hope this post finds everyone well and looking forward to the SNOW !!!

bigvin

<font color="0000ff">Allison: So Very Sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family during this time of great sorrow. Hang in there.</font>
sad.gif

scoop

Ali - I'm so sorry about your brother. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Julie - Thanks! I will give you a call when I am coherent.

Yep, tomorrow is surgery day. I'm not nervous yet, but I'm sure I will be tomorrow. I still have to vacuum the house and take a shower before I try to get some sleep. A friend from work will be picking me up at 5:30 a.m. to drive me to the hospital. Talk to ya all later...