SE WI - Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties - 2018-19

legend02

Rode yesterday starting in Genoa at 8:30 AM , east to Kenosha county turned around rode to Racine county, turned back went west past the Zenda bar about another 15 miles . Went back to Pell lake for lunch at the Upper Crust then back to the trailer 72 miles , a little bumpy and snirty in some areas other area’s were good .

ridindirty800

Rode Friday night and trails were great! It was awesome to pull into a bar and see 50+ sleds at all of them for a good ol Wi Fish Fry. And everyone at these places not on a sled was like "man the sledders just keep pouring in" I heard that a number of times. Glad to get out before it all melted as the last 2 days plus today it looks like we will be starting over again!

erkoehler

Full on down pour outside right now. Not sure what will he left after all of this, definitely going to need another 4-6”+.

tack836

Cant believe they closed the trails Saturday morning in kenosha county too "save the base". First off there was no base and secondly they knew this was coming and there would be nothing left anyway. This isn't the northwoods you got to ride when you can because it disappears fast.

ryanslyne

Completed! Starting over now. Hopefully we get another shot. However I am not optimistic.
A4816D23-B32F-4BBB-8F69-44E0A4A40F5C.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Rode Friday night and trails were great! It was awesome to pull into a bar and see 50+ sleds at all of them for a good ol Wi Fish Fry. And everyone at these places not on a sled was like "man the sledders just keep pouring in" I heard that a number of times. Glad to get out before it all melted as the last 2 days plus today it looks like we will be starting over again!

I do agree with you, Saturday was a good ride locally. For sure they didn’t hold up but there was no way they were gonna stand a chance open or closed Sunday and today. I think Walworth County made the right decision to keep them open for one more day so people could enjoy them for part of the weekend at least. By Saturday night they were toast area wide regardless.

RS

snobuilder

We saved the base.
5aac97efaf6c6.image.jpg

ridindirty800

About 3/4-1" of hard pack sleet with ice on top of this morning. Looking at forcast for more freezing rain tonight/tomorrow with snow Sunday and possible bigger snow tuesday. Forcast looking better again for getting back and going in a week or so hopefully.

ryanslyne

About 3/4-1" of hard pack sleet with ice on top of this morning. Looking at forcast for more freezing rain tonight/tomorrow with snow Sunday and possible bigger snow tuesday. Forcast looking better again for getting back and going in a week or so hopefully.

The forecast is indeed looking promising I will take the icy mess now if that means it is going to dump on us next week. Ground is at least still nice and frozen. Low of 0 tomorrow night will help freeze up the rest.

RS

bladeguy

I was glad Racine stayed open Saturday for one last ride. It was the right call. We had a great time. However, please don't make fun of those who are doing their best making decisions on closing trails or not. You should be kissing their a$$ and thanking them for making sure there are trails to ride. Thanks to all active club members and landowners!

ryanslyne

We picked up about an inch yesterday. Up to 8" expected between tonight and tomorrow night. I think this could get us going again especially with the nice ice base we have. I know the northern part of the county had a little base left the southern part of the county not as much. So we will see how things go. Will report back as the snow flies.

RS

euphoric1

YES! lets hope, supposed to be heavy snow this time too, no commitments yet but more on thurs and Friday? and john has potential moderate to heavy on 18th and 19th on his 5 to 10 day outlook, its also supposed to get cold this weekend so lets hope nice wet snow to set up base, more snow on top of that and cold temps that will maybe stick around a while... fingers crossed

Snirtdawg

My only concern would be a lot of fields have any icy thick crust and any low areas are a skating rink. I would be cautious without studs!

timo

Someone post if Washington Co. opens up please.
I would imagine they will soon,, prollly got 8-10 from this storm. Too dam bad we had that 2.5 day meltdown that wiped us out. We'd have 30 inches on the ground.

chop

Kenosha opened at 5. If anyone rides tonight please post an update. I might try to ride tomorrow if conditions arent terrible.