SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

pclark

Totally agree, I have driven by our trails in Waukesha County since we received the nice snowfall Sunday and really feel like the county should have opened the trails Monday morning. I also feel that there is waining interest in joining clubs down here because there is less and and less riding each year. I am surprised when I call my guys to put in the trail that they all show up and put in a hard couple of 8 hour days but they are there every year and we have a great time doing it. No one wants to go to club meetings anymore or county meetings, myself included because nothing really happens at them. It's snowing right now at 7pm on Wednesday evening and I will be interested to hear what the county decides to do in the morning. I would say that we are running out of days down here and we haven't opened for one single day yet this season. Disappointing for sure.......

- - - Updated - - -

ERKoehler, Beautiful pictures, at least you get to ride the trails this year! Keep up the good work!

pclark

Waukesha and Jefferson Counties now open as of 6:30am Thursday morning. Stay on the marked trails and stay safe!

ryanslyne

Picked up about 3" last night, fluffy powdery snow. A lot of blowing and drifting going on now. In some cases that will help the trails and in other spots it will hurt them. Overall though at least they are open! I plan to ride to work tomorrow morning will report back.

RS

whitedust

Heading to Burlington the past couple days since it snowed it is painful to see the trails closed and unused....i'd actually feel a little better if someone...(kids?)... ran a few tracks down them. What I see now is a general disinterest in the sport in this marginal condition area of the state....really sad. 25-50 years ago before websites and call in trail reports the trails would have been ridden this week.
I got to say it’s not going to get better looking at long range forecast in Waterford. Riders should be ready to rip it ASAP or it’s wait 365 again. If land owners allow it should be a go let the riders decide to continue or not. Those solar angles are high now.

ryanslyne

I will leave these pics here of my ride to work this morning. Walworth/ Waukesha county East Troy to Eagle. Get out and ride em! PS I have no clue why they are sideways and I am not about to figure out how to flip them right side up. haha

RS

IMG_3753.jpg IMG_3754.jpg IMG_3755.jpg IMG_3756.jpg IMG_3757.jpg IMG_3758.jpg IMG_3759.jpg

snobuilder

I got to say it’s not going to get better looking at long range forecast in Waterford. Riders should be ready to rip it ASAP or it’s wait 365 again. If land owners allow it should be a go let the riders decide to continue or not. Those solar angles are high now.

same as every year

- - - Updated - - -

I will leave these pics here of my ride to work this morning. Walworth/ Waukesha county East Troy to Eagle. Get out and ride em! PS I have no clue why they are sideways and I am not about to figure out how to flip them right side up. haha

RS

View attachment 61220 View attachment 61221 View attachment 61222 View attachment 61223 View attachment 61224 View attachment 61225 View attachment 61226

looks great!... my sleds are in da nortwoods though...lol

LOVE2RIDE

snobuilder

Why do ppl get off on bitch slap negativety on this site?
Serious question.

And by "bitch slap" I do mean y'all need one.

whitedust

Why do ppl get off on bitch slap negativety on this site?
Serious question.

And by "bitch slap" I do mean y'all need one.
Lots of clubs worked very hard to get trails in rideable condition. Ride them if you can if they turn brown so what Northwoods deals with snirt every season. Go for it!

timo

Trails in Wash. Co. were almost great on friday and very good on saturday. What I saw from the road sunday didn't look good.
Might of been last hurrah down here. Was actually a good year considering they only opened up about 3-4 weekends.
300miles locally over the weekend here has to be a 10 year record for this guy.

ridindirty800

I rode about 130 miles Saturday with my son. Left Elkhorn from our house and headed into the Kettle moraine in Lagrange then up to Palmyra. It was perfect groomed smooth and plenty of snow. A few of the Chisel plowed fields before we got into forest were poor but nothing could be done about that. From Palmyra went north to Sullivan with trails getting better the whole time as they have a few more inches of snow up there. Looped up to Concord, Oconomowoc, Dousman and back to Palmyra. Then headed to Eagle for dinner and then headed back home from there. All counties I rode (Walworth, Jefferson, and Waukesha) all groomed and were in great shape. Glad I went out for a afternoon of riding. I am going to start spending more time in the forest as is like up north, twisty, hilly and groomed very well. You can tell there has been some serious brushing done over the last few year as its wider then ever before.

On another note its snowing like crazy at my work in southern Waukesha County as weather.com just changed the forecast from 1-3 here to 3-5"??? So who knows maybe we will be back out.

And now at 12 noon the are back to 1-3 lol

Last edited:

ridindirty800

At my house in Elkhorn about .5" of snow/sleet at my work in Southern Waukesha County about 2.5" of the same. I know in Oconomowoc they had about 3-4" and just north of that 5-6". Cold weather will be coming in tonight for a few days and no snow till maybe next tues/wed that I see forecasted.

ryanslyne

The Kettle Moraine Forest, the Kettle Moraine Riders, and Eagle's trails remain open in Waukesha county. When I rode them on Friday they were really good. Like ridindirty800 said they got about 2.5" of snow/ ice last night where I work in Eagle area. That will freeze up tonight and make them hard and fast. I might let the groomers get out and try them out later this week when it is a little colder just for the heck of it. I don't foresee any other counties opening back up however given the current conditions. I will report back if I get out to ride or see something to talk about.

RS