SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

whitedust

Welcome to our world the last 20 years.
Hope your daughter's in better health.

More like back to the future for me started winter sports in Walworth County in 1978 also was part of the Chicago blizzard of 67 so I’m well aware of the on and off winter years in the northern Il and southern WI. Heck we chased snow all over WI just to xcountry ski with the family. Just hope for the best winter you can get locally then enjoy trips for fun in the snow. Never been to Mountain WI so new place new trails last Saturday and totally enjoyed it.

ridindirty800

About another 1" last night, calling for another 1" today, tonight, tomorrow and maybe 2-4 Friday night. So they say 3-7" 3 day total by Saturday morning possibly. Temps are going to be above freezing in the low to mid 30's for the next week or so. Lets hope for a higher amount Friday night as it looks like the trails are shaping up nice from all the grooming going on this week.

ryanslyne

As ridindirty800 Said majority of the trails have been groomed and are actually in pretty decent shape, obviously some of the chisel plowed fields will be rough and we will have thin spots or a couple hazards but waiting for perfect conditions around here most of the time will never happen. All of the clubs had to go back out and inspect trails due to signs getting blown over in the high winds. Our club went out last night and inspected our trails in East Troy and only had a few signs to put back up. There is frost in the ground now and the trials that are groomed have set up really nice. Majority of the trails in East Troy I would say are in decent enough condition to ride now. So with the inch we picked up last night and continuous snow in the forecast I would be shocked if they didn't open them up relatively shortly. Given the year this might be the only shot we get with warmer weather in the forecast by Wednesday/ Thursday next week. Even then it is only upper 30s to 40 degrees so if they have to close the trails for a few days then it probably wouldn't be too bad as a major meltdown is not seen. We will wait and see what happens! It appears it is the same every year if we can get the trails open beyond 10 days that is a bonus, last year I think we were around 20. Sometimes the conditions can be great other times not so much. But some riding if you want to is better than no riding at all right out your back door! I think that is what keeps us guys doing it that put in all the work every year, the chance to have riding out our back door and at times it can be really good riding for a short period of time. Fingers crossed we get them going soon here! Keep on snowing!

RS

euphoric1

About another 1" last night, calling for another 1" today, tonight, tomorrow and maybe 2-4 Friday night. So they say 3-7" 3 day total by Saturday morning possibly. Temps are going to be above freezing in the low to mid 30's for the next week or so. Lets hope for a higher amount Friday night as it looks like the trails are shaping up nice from all the grooming going on this week.

LETS HOPE!! would be nice for the people who put all the hard work into Winter Fest, and all those who attend it, to finally get a break and mother nature lend them a helping hand for a change!

ridindirty800

Around another inch last night and still snowing on and off. Flurries and drizzle forcasted for reminder of day, then tonight John and local weather guys are calling for around 3-5" range overnight. I have a good feeling at some point in the next 24hrs trails in Walworth Co will get open. Ryanslyne's club is having a fundraiser in Saturday at the Pit Stop 67 (formerly Not So Far Away) on the trail in Abels Corner. If not plowing I have my fingers crossed me and some buddies can ride to this event. Lets hope the weather works out and we can get some local ridding this weekend!

euphoric1

at this rate we will get our average....an inch at a time, just wish the snow would have fallen all at once instead of over three days, the snow, rain, snow, rain not doing us any favors, hopefully we get the 3-5 tonight!

ridindirty800

at this rate we will get our average....an inch at a time, just wish the snow would have fallen all at once instead of over three days, the snow, rain, snow, rain not doing us any favors, hopefully we get the 3-5 tonight!

agreed, if we get 3-5" tonight I would think trails will open at least for the weekend before the warmer weather comes mid week?

whitedust

Horrible here in Waterford Fox River not safe and snow turning to slush with overnight rain snow mix. I was on the Fox RIver yesterday lucky to have 3 inches of ice shore line is open water. I was working on my shore station and my walking path on shore turned to packed slush quickly. Difficult to think trails will open in Racine County anytime soon just toooo darn warm and wet. Imo it’s GOT to get colder and JD forecasted average in near future. I’m hopeful for some lake and river riding but not in the cards now unfortunately.

euphoric1

Think we lost more than we gained today, I haven't plowed the drive way to my back 40 at all in last two weeks so was snow covered this morning.... now a sess pool of slush and water, and with the lack of any real frost in ground...not good. crossing fingers for the 3 to 5 and cold weather to follow.

ridindirty800

Think we lost more than we gained today, I haven't plowed the drive way to my back 40 at all in last two weeks so was snow covered this morning.... now a sess pool of slush and water, and with the lack of any real frost in ground...not good. crossing fingers for the 3 to 5 and cold weather to follow.

Yeah today was not good at all! Fog and Mist settled snow and turned into a sluch mess. Just cant win down here this year. Still calling for 1-5" depending on who you listen to, but like you guys said it is 36 right now with a low of 31 tonight and things just don't look as good as they did this a.m.

ridindirty800

As of 6:30 am today Walworth Co trails are open and groomers have been out overnight and this morning panning the new snow. Close to 3” of wet snow on the north side of Elkhorn and still lightly snowing with up to and inch or 2 of additional accumulation today. Looking at weather probably won’t last long so get out and enjoy while you can. From inspecting our trails this week I would guess you will encounter some good and some bad but it’s southern Wi riding.

whitedust

Racine County trails are open for today Saturday probably for the Union Grove races and anticipate closing Tomorrow Sunday. Tichigan Marshes are closed not safe open water. Do your thing to scratch your itch but it’s is soaking wet out there and I hope no one gets hopelessly stuck. I’m standing down plus I’m surrounded by Marsh. Good luck to all those that give it a try but a 1 day opener should indicate concern. No river or lake is safe so don’t even think about crossing ice. Good luck to everyone!

D

Deleted member 10829

Racine County trails are open for today Saturday probably for the Union Grove races and anticipate closing Tomorrow Sunday. Tichigan Marshes are closed not safe open water. Do your thing to scratch your itch but it’s is soaking wet out there and I hope no one gets hopelessly stuck. I’m standing down plus I’m surrounded by Marsh. Good luck to all those that give it a try but a 1 day opener should indicate concern. No river or lake is safe so don’t even think about crossing ice. Good luck to everyone!

Haven't heard much from you about riding this year. Are you still putting on the miles?

whitedust

Haven't heard much from you about riding this year. Are you still putting on the miles?

A few in the Mountain area during a snow storm and was fun. Zero in Waterford but have 2 Monday -Friday trips scheduled in the UP. I’ve been totally immersed in home improvements this winter and warm temps throughout the WI have kept me conservative of where I will ride. Northern WI
and WUPMI are in pretty good condition so heading up.

whitedust

Racine county trails closed today and will probably stay closed until cold weather and increased snow depth on trails.

dfattack

Racine county trails closed today and will probably stay closed until cold weather and increased snow depth on trails.

The misty foggy rainy crap yesterday couldn't have helped. Started to look a little thin yesterday on the way up north. Only saw one sled south of Green Bay. Good snow didn't appear until maybe Crivitz?? Maybe a touch south of there, but nothing I would ride in

whitedust

The misty foggy rainy crap yesterday couldn't have helped. Started to look a little thin yesterday on the way up north. Only saw one sled south of Green Bay. Good snow didn't appear until maybe Crivitz?? Maybe a touch south of there, but nothing I would ride in

Received pics yesterday from friends in Shano area riding with couples. Sleds looked muddy but as far north as they wanted to travel. It’s got to get colder central to southern WI to have good riding just too dang warm and wet for now. It’s all about condition expectations and we want goodish groom just can’t be done in wet and above freezing temps. My February schedule looking open for UP.

eagle1

Whitedust you moved south??
Rode central Wisco today. Mosinee,Weston, Glandon, Birnamwood. All good, low traffic too.

ridindirty800

Walworth County Closed today 1-27-20 at 6:00am I did not get out as I was plowing all day Saturday and new many of the Chisel plowed fields were getting snirty/muddy with warm temps. But heard many of the trails were great and others not great but knew that would be the case. Nothing good to report as all warm temps this week and finally looks to cool off next week and freeze things up again. Then we need SNOW, lets hope next month is better for us.

ryanslyne

6" of fresh white stuff heavy and wet fell yesterday in East Troy area. Reports are 5-7" on the northern half of Walworth county with less in southern half. Looks like everything set up nice over night with cold temps. Looks like more snow on Wednesday perhaps we will get going again here soon!

RS