SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

Tuck

does not look goof for quick trip up to Green, Grant, Lafayette or Dane county for this weekend with the warm temps in the forecast. I am not having much luck finding current conditions or if they plan to close like Jefferson. Anyone have any info?

SHOOT2KILL

does not look goof for quick trip up to Green, Grant, Lafayette or Dane county for this weekend with the warm temps in the forecast. I am not having much luck finding current conditions or if they plan to close like Jefferson. Anyone have any info?
You will need to get after it ASAP...Saturday morning before sun up...Morning temps will be around 5*f...High for the day maybe 32*f...I rode Green, Lafayette, Iowa on Wednesday...Absolute PERFECTION...Groomed 100 mph...

Attachments

• SUNP0002 (1).JPG
    SUNP0002 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 20
  • SUNP0012.JPG
    SUNP0012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Yes, Jefferson will close Saturday at 6am. Lots of fields with Winter Wheat. Jefferson did groom Wednesday. Got out Wednesday night for 60 miles. Fairly nice for SE WI.

Tuck

also just read that Dickeyville-Kieler area will close Sat 6am and Cuba-Hazel green trails will close sun the 5th at 6am. Short few days of open. So much for trying something new closer to home this weekend. Weather is not working with my schedule lol

LOVE2RIDE

You will need to get after it ASAP...Saturday morning before sun up...Morning temps will be around 5*f...High for the day maybe 32*f...I rode Green, Lafayette, Iowa on Wednesday...Absolute PERFECTION...Groomed 100 mph...
Green county was perfection? It's been mainly dirt since last Monday. Those pictures aren't from Green County. They should have closed the trails after 2 days of being open.

SHOOT2KILL

Green county was perfection? It's been mainly dirt since last Monday. Those pictures aren't from Green County. They should have closed the trails after 2 days of being open.
Wrong...Heres a pic less than 1 mile west of the trailhead in Monroe (Green Co)...Not even any rocks showing thru on the grade...The pic of the tressle bridge is right at the Green/Lafayette Co border...Between Browntown & South Wayne...The road crossing pic is the Shullsburg loop trail...lol @ U

Attachments

• SUNP0007 (1).JPG
    SUNP0007 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

jknoup

I tried riding it Friday morning 2/3 when the temp was around zero degrees. The first 7 miles from Monroe to Browntown was barely ridable. The next five miles from Browntown to South Wayne was like riding down a gravel road. It was so bad I had to turn around.

snobuilder

Trails in Walworth Co. were closed at least one day too early...on a fricken Friday?...give us trail pass buyers a BREAK!!! Trails were every bit as good on Saturday as on Friday. Who the hell is in charge of these idiotic decisions?, trail NAZIS!!!!...LOL.... time to retire! I have my doubts they even ride ...at least down here. And don't give me the stupid "winter wheat" bullshit excuse. The snow coverage on winter wheat can vary wildly from field to field. I drive past a section everyday and it was sparsely covered from day one. I will take a pic on may 1st....it will be the greenest section of the field, guaranteed.

whitedust

Trails in Walworth Co. were closed at least one day too early...on a fricken Friday?...give us trail pass buyers a BREAK!!! Trails were every bit as good on Saturday as on Friday. Who the hell is in charge of these idiotic decisions?, trail NAZIS!!!!...LOL.... time to retire! I have my doubts they even ride ...at least down here. And don't give me the stupid "winter wheat" bullshit excuse. The snow coverage on winter wheat can vary wildly from field to field. I drive past a section everyday and it was sparsely covered from day one. I will take a pic on may 1st....it will be the greenest section of the field, guaranteed.
I drove from Waterford to Rob’s in Johnson Creek and trails looked great Racine, Walworth and Jefferson counties on Saturday. Rob’s had a hotdog fest going on they moved inside originally thought was lunch for riders on the trail. I can’t figure this one out Saturday there was plenty of snow maybe topped at 33f wind was blowing snow around everything looked very rideable to me.

SHOOT2KILL

.give us trail pass buyers a BREAK!!!
When I rode Kenosha/Racine Co's last monday, I talked to 2 locals out for a ride...One of the guys thanked me for purchasing the seasonal trail pass...Caught me off guard as to why...So I asked him...He told me that there is a revolt ongoing by the locals...They will not buy that additional pass due to the fact the county is NOT opening trails on a consistent basis...He also mentioned local LEO's are NOT enforcing the law during weekday riding...Maybe on weekends only...Don't SHOOT2KILL the messenger...lol

SHOOT2KILL

I tried riding it Friday morning 2/3 when the temp was around zero degrees. The first 7 miles from Monroe to Browntown was barely ridable. The next five miles from Browntown to South Wayne was like riding down a gravel road. It was so bad I had to turn around.
Learn how to use the Wi Groomer Tracking System...All groomers in the state now have GPS...Might have saved you some time and aggravation...

old abe

When I rode Kenosha/Racine Co's last monday, I talked to 2 locals out for a ride...One of the guys thanked me for purchasing the seasonal trail pass...Caught me off guard as to why...So I asked him...He told me that there is a revolt ongoing by the locals...They will not buy that additional pass due to the fact the county is NOT opening trails on a consistent basis...He also mentioned local LEO's are NOT enforcing the law during weekday riding...Maybe on weekends only...Don't SHOOT2KILL the messenger...lol
SHOOT2KILL, I'm somewhat confused here? Not sure what you are relating to by "Purchasing the Seasonal Trail Pass", But not the "Additional Pass"? Please clarify?

whitedust

I live in Racine county and know nothing about a seasonal county pass. What is this?? I don’t ride here exclusively Walworth county belong to East Troy Snow Trojans. How much and where does one buy this pass?

SHOOT2KILL

I live in Racine county and know nothing about a seasonal county pass. What is this?? I don’t ride here exclusively Walworth county belong to East Troy Snow Trojans. How much and where does one buy this pass?
It's not a county pass...It is a STATE trail pass that all state residents are required to purchase and display on their windshield, just like the out of state sledders have to, and when we ride the U.P. Yep...Just another expense in addition to the normal 2 year registration that goes on the sides of your sled...Then the law has also changed regarding person to person private party sled sale transactions...We are now required to pay SALES TX to the state before they will issue a new sled registration to the new owner...

Last edited:

whitedust

It's not a county pass...It is a STATE trail pass that all state residents are required to purchase and display on their windshield, just like the out of state sledders have to, and when we ride the U.P. Yep...Just another expense in addition to the normal 2 year registration that goes on the sides of your sled...
Sure you snowmobile on WI trails you buy the WI trail permit. I think what you or they are referring to is local sledders in SE WI wait for snow then purchase trail permit ride with digital receipt little advance sales. I’m going to ride in WI so just purchase the WI trail permit in Fall paste to my windshield. Idk or care what LEOs are doing about trail permits as I’m sure they have more important things to do. As far as a revolt that is way overstated always have to pay to play.

gkolar

To clarify what I think you mean is that you buy the 3 year registration stickers that go on the side of your sled and then there is an additional "WI trail pass" sticker that goes on the windshield annually. MI and MN also require you to buy a trail pass if you ride in those states. Unfortunately trails in S WI have been barely open the last several years which is frustrating.

SHOOT2KILL

wait for snow then purchase trail permit
This is what the local county residents are refusing to do...They are not buying that extra trail pass just to ride in their local area...How many days has Racine Co trails been open in the last 2 seasons...Arlyn opened Kenosha for 2 days last season, and this season maybe 6 days so far...There were around a dozen counties that NEVER opened at all last season...The sledders that are relegated to ONLY being able to ride near home are getting SCREWED...

old abe

SHOOT22KILL, please help me out here, when we go up to Sconny to ride sled, we only purchase the "Annual Non-Resident Trail Pass", due to the fact of not know the variable snow conditions from year to year, area to area. And we do get the fact if we join any Sconny Snowmobile Club, we can get a "Multi-Year Non-Resident-Regisration", and "Trail Pass", and save a few $$$ overall! Is this what you are relating to, or what? I do believe firmly in belonging to Snowmobile clubs, in several states, and do so. But not with a Trail Permit gimmick/hoops to jump thru. KISS? I'm not intending, and absolutely hope not to start any pissing matches on this subject what so ever! No interest in that PERIOD! I do surely hope that this trail permit system has worked out, and benifitted the Sconny Snowmobile Clubs as well as it was intended to!

Last edited: