SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

ridindirty800

As much as it nice to ride around home locally, to me it gets boring within an hour. With 99% of trails being on corn fields & the whole pin it, then stop & cross a road.
I have just resorted to being a snow chaser & head up to the north woods of Wisconsin or the U.P.!

I like the change of pace to. To me the U.P is boring, big wide straight trails and long curves. I enjoy Northern Wi for the twisty trails. And while I don't have time or money to go north every weekend it would be nice to ride from home when I am not north. Also all the work we put into marking trails down here it would feel more worthwhile if we were enjoying them. But i get what you are saying

snobuilder

Just did a rip from home to Barleys. About 20 sleds were there. Trails are rough. We broke up a bunch a dirt clods just incase we get more snow this year. You're welcome.

whitedust

Trail reports for Walworth County? I’ve been in Vilas and the UP riding then snow removal and football on return. Any good out there? Will subzero help set base?

SunnySide

Rode last night in Walworth County from Darien to Elkhorn, and this morning rode to work in Harvard IL. Trails are.. well they're okay and plenty rideable. Cold and grooming will help. Having sleds out packing down this fluffy snow will also help. There has been no bare ground and some stretches where the wind drifts snow have been deep. Totally worth it!!

20230130_075150.jpg 20230129_183048.jpg

dfattack

I like the change of pace to. To me the U.P is boring, big wide straight trails and long curves. I enjoy Northern Wi for the twisty trails. And while I don't have time or money to go north every weekend it would be nice to ride from home when I am not north. Also all the work we put into marking trails down here it would feel more worthwhile if we were enjoying them. But i get what you are saying
That's my kind of boring...not necessarily the straight grades but 107, 14, 5, etc.

Got out for a Sunday afternoon ride in Jefferson County 50 miles. No bad for southern WI found one mud hole, and wet area. Close to a foot of snow in certain areas with drifting. Pray for cold and snow!

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 35
  • picture 2.jpg
    picture 2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 32
  • picture 3.jpg
    picture 3.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 35
  • picture 4.jpg
    picture 4.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 34

ridindirty800

Groomers have been running like crazy in Walworth County. Trails are reported fair to good. Chisel plowed field are a little rough, drifting has helped some trails, and there are stretches of really good. On my way to work this a.m I noticed trails north of Elkhorn were all groomed overnight and no tracks them. Also saw the trails in Southern Waukesha by Eagle were all groomed overnight as well. To bad it get warm next week another few inches of snow would be awesome right now. But the trails have been opened longer then all last year so that is plus.

snobuilder

Just a heads up road crossing alert and I know when setting up a crossing it isn't always obvious to the trail marking crew....But where the trail crosses Hwy D east of Hwy 120 and heading north to south the visibility of the road is terrible. Yu drop into a deep ditch and need to pop up on a very tight shoulder and then the view is obscured by a slight hill. Going south to north is an ok view. Traffic is generally doing 55 or over.

Groomers have been running like crazy in Walworth County. Trails are reported fair to good. Chisel plowed field are a little rough, drifting has helped some trails, and there are stretches of really good. On my way to work this a.m I noticed trails north of Elkhorn were all groomed overnight and no tracks them. Also saw the trails in Southern Waukesha by Eagle were all groomed overnight as well. To bad it get warm next week another few inches of snow would be awesome right now. But the trails have been opened longer then all last year so that is plus.
Good to know about Walworth. Heading out after work going to head down that way Jefferson isn't grooming.

snobuilder

sure...there is club money to be made. get your groomer miles logged when you can. That is the system

ridindirty800

Walworth County Trails close Saturday Feb 4th at 6 a.m. Jefferson County Trails close Saturday at 6 a.m as well

From what I have seen driving around, trails today are in fair condition. Many poor chisel plowed fields and areas were snow blew off the last few days, some fair and some really good yet. Looking at next 10 day forecast the Temps appear to be well above freezing so its going to take anther cold snap and some real snow to get open again.

indy_500

Walworth County Trails close Saturday Feb 4th at 6 a.m. Jefferson County Trails close Saturday at 6 a.m as well

From what I have seen driving around, trails today are in fair condition. Many poor chisel plowed fields and areas were snow blew off the last few days, some fair and some really good yet. Looking at next 10 day forecast the Temps appear to be well above freezing so its going to take anther cold snap and some real snow to get open again.
Kind of confusing why they wouldn’t leave them open for the weekend… likely the last and only hurrah.

whitedust

Probably a good call Burlington had a lot more snow than Waterford so I think the accumulations were varied throughout the area.

pclark

Kind of confusing why they wouldn’t leave them open for the weekend… likely the last and only hurrah.
I know Waukesha County has a 32 degree rule, if the temp is above they close the trails and it's 35 both Saturday/Sunday and with partly cloudy, don't know if Walworth is that way or not.