SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

SunnySide

Well they're still showing a good amount for Door County, maybe I can head up there after Christmas if it doesn't work out down here..

SunnySide

Well I ended up riding around the Edgerton area on monday since their trails were opened and groomed. Honestly was pretty good. This shot here was one of the thinner fields,some were better some were worse 👍
20221226_132735.jpg

ridindirty800

Anyone else sick of rain and 35-40 degrees everyday in SE Wi?? 1 week of cold and a few inches of snow all winter so far! Looks like some colder air maybe starting tomorrow but no real snow in 7-10 forecast.

whitedust

Puddles in farm fields yesterday😣We need cold first which is hard to come by this year. Still hope but fading for this season. Even area ice isn’t safe terrible winter sports season so far and I had such great hopes.

euphoric1

Anyone else sick of rain and 35-40 degrees everyday in SE Wi?? 1 week of cold and a few inches of snow all winter so far! Looks like some colder air maybe starting tomorrow but no real snow in 7-10 forecast.
AGREE X1000!!!! sucks!!! what happened to our above average snowfall and below average temps????? ground is literally like a sponge right now, going to take a lot of cold first, hate to be debbie downer but glad at least Northwoods got it because it would have been utter waste here! its sickening and killing my business uuuugh!!!

whitedust

Yup storms north and south. Glad this once missed, it would have been useless with the ground unfrozen. Maybe this will be year that Feb and early March give us local riding?? Last year I think Walworth County was open for like 9 hours all year.
I wouldn’t ride in the mud anyway rather go north than do that.

euphoric1

Someone ought look closely at satellite images of SE Wisconsin, there has to be a bubble or something over us.... SOMETHING!!!

wiviperman

As much as it nice to ride around home locally, to me it gets boring within an hour. With 99% of trails being on corn fields & the whole pin it, then stop & cross a road.
I have just resorted to being a snow chaser & head up to the north woods of Wisconsin or the U.P.!

snobuilder

As much as it nice to ride around home locally, to me it gets boring within an hour. With 99% of trails being on corn fields & the whole pin it, then stop & cross a road.
I have just resorted to being a snow chaser & head up to the north woods of Wisconsin or the U.P.!
Understood, but the field breaks with drifted snow along the marked trail is more fun in 10 minutes than 30 miles a northwoods groomed.

rph130

Racine Co snowmobile alliance Winterfest is this coming Saturday @ Great Lakes Dragaway..... We need snow for a track.
Great Lakes Dragaway brings back some great memories of Friday/Saturday nights when I was in high school. Do they still do a grudge race night in summer?