SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

D

Deleted member 10829

Hey Mark. What sections of the trail are you speaking of? I haven't been able to ride much outside of a couple trips around the Casey Loop. Thanks!

Our club is in Burnett County and the first trail closed by the son is trail 22 just north of Sand Lake. We also had a closure in the same area about 3 years ago, so that portion of trail runs along the shoulder/ditch of Highway A for at least a mile. The other section is also on trail 22 but south of the A&H intersection. You can still get from A&H to Old A and head east on that to Big McKenzie, but the route going south of Old A has been closed between Old A and Dubois Road. It really messes up getting around that area. I have met with all of the property owners in the area for a re-route and they shut me down very quickly. It is more than frustrating!

old abe

We lost a crucial section of trail this winter for this exact reason. It had been going on for years and the landowner finally had enough. Not sure how many trails will be left in 20 years between this crap and when land gets sold the new owners typically do not want the trail going through their new property. We even lost another section of trail this year when the parents passed away and the son cut us off.

Hate to say it, however if enough of them are caught, however they are caught, and prosecuted with high priced fines, word will quickly travel in today's wide spread social media. Money does talk, and BS continues to walk, once again, eh! Again in today's world, it takes more $$$$ to get through to SOME of these IDIOTS, as it comes easy, and they have plenty of $$$$$. Others not so much.

pclark

In hindsight its pretty much a losing situation as most of us are just volunteers and have full time jobs that keep us busy. I know most of us can't just sit out there and watch for these jerk offs that are the culprits. That is why we are going to at least try the new signs next year. Will the DNR/LEO prosecute? only if they see them doing it and that is a big if as they have had resources cut as well. We can only keep trying to educate but as someone said when we lose a trail it's most likely gone forever and when that happens all of us lose.

frnash

Hate to say it, however if enough of them are caught … and prosecuted with high priced fines, word will quickly travel in today's wide spread social media. Money does talk, and BS continues to walk, once again, eh! Again in today's world, it takes more $$$$ to get through to SOME of these IDIOTS, as it comes easy, and they have plenty of $$$$$. Others not so much.
"… if enough of them are caught … and prosecuted with high priced fines…" — And their sleds confiscated!

2TrakR

Ran all of Walworth yesterday and today. As the trails get bumpier, they get wider. There were some 5 lane highways through some of the fields today. Lots of grooming going on, lots more needed. Plenty of traffic for sure.

jasonk3aa

I did join this is my second year of membership. I don’t get notifications of meetings or other events. I tried to attend a couple of Fall meetings but they were canceled because an officer was ill then a month later I think Covid canceled another. Does the club send out email notifications of meetings and events???

The meetings are always the second wednesday of each month and usually at the lions club although sometimes like Christmas party they move around. Send me a PM with your email and I will make sure they add you to the list. Sometimes they forget to add the new members just reply all to an older list but we will get it sorted out for sure. Yea we did have an earlier meeting our president was very sick but that was only one cancelled. Jamboree will be a good place to come meet everyone too.

ryanslyne

It's snowing again in East Troy, WI northern Walworth County. We had a brief period of ice/ freezing rain. Appears to be all snow now. Let it snow! :) Trails open back up 6am tomorrow!

ridindirty800

Got close to maybe 3" just north of Elkhorn with a lot of blowing and drifting going on. Trails should be great for at least the next 10 days and maybe beyond looking at forecast. I am sure with traffic and drifting there will be some rough trails until everything gets groomed.

ryanslyne

Oh they were real nice this morning on ride to work! 3" last night and a lot of drifting! Should be sweet as long as you don't mind the cold! :)

IMG_5255.jpg

RS

whitedust

Rode NE Walworth and NW Racine counties and lots of snow out there. Drifting was like riding powder riding without the hills more loose snow in Racine than Walworth. Today you need to be careful of hidden drifts especially along tree lines round a corner thru a tree line and wham a 3 foot jump or a 3 foot dip just never know. Lol Absolutely no reason not to be riding this weekend tons of snow trails well marked and good to go. I wouldn’t wait for grooming if wind keeps up drifted back over in minutes. Have fun and be careful out there.

timo

Rode wash., dodge., northern Waukesha county Friday.
Excellent conditions, white out conditions in some open fields. Trails hard packed and smooth. Wind has filled in any bumps there was. Drifts everywhere. Road crossings where the fields were wide open made for some awesome jumping. We’ll be good to go for another week at least.

erkoehler

Grooming a ton in Walworth County. Trails are best I’ve seen in years!!! 3856E5F0-D012-48B2-AEAD-CACF42C2875C.jpeg

Attachments

• 3D7ED5D4-3F0A-4C53-888A-02462C4FA27F.jpeg
    3D7ED5D4-3F0A-4C53-888A-02462C4FA27F.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 22

tjmaxx

My sleds are up in eagle river but I'm headed up for a weekend trip this weekend then bringing them back home. I'm south of chicago looking for a park and ride to drop at somewhere in southern Wisconsin with the best trails. Where would you recommend? I'd like to stay out of Illinois. It's been years since I've ridden southern Wisconsin, I used to live in paddock lake north of highway 50 and would leave from my garage but was never fond of the trail system over there at least headed east, west was okay. Any recommendations?

fishcrib

There is a park and ride in Genoa City right off Rte 12. It's right past the Mobil station right as you get into Wisconsin.

gkolar

Trails in Twin Lakes/Pell/Powers Lake/Slades Corner/Silver Lake area are about as good as they get. Above post is correct, there is a park and ride lot (it gets full quick) in Genoa City right by the Hideaway bar/restaurant and the Mobil gas station. The Mobil also has a very big property and they might let people park there, you would have to call or stop in and ask. Not sure about options a little further N into Walworth, RS has provided people with info if you search the S Wisco threads.

whitedust

If you want Eagle River Twistys ride Whitewater, Eagle and Palmyra Kettle Moraine. The tightest piney trails ever. There is a boat launch on West Shore Road on Green lake Lauderdale chain you can park your rig then short ride to cross RT 12 and in the Kettle. You can ride those Twistys then head out north to the Drumlin and burn the grade for 60 -70 quick miles. All maps are available on line just google it.

ridindirty800

If you want Eagle River Twistys ride Whitewater, Eagle and Palmyra Kettle Moraine. The tightest piney trails ever. There is a boat launch on West Shore Road on Green lake Lauderdale chain you can park your rig then short ride to cross RT 12 and in the Kettle. You can ride those Twistys then head out north to the Drumlin and burn the grade for 60 -70 quick miles. All maps are available on line just google it.

I agree 100% with Whitedust, those trails are very close to what you find in Northern Wi, And every year they continue to brush them to make them a little wider. I was in there last week and they were in great shape and had just groomed them. A nice little loop I do from Elkhorn is into the forest heads towards Whitewater, up to Cold Spring (Real McCoys nice stop) over to Hebron, into Palmyra, and then Eagle ( Rustix and Knuckleheads good stops) and then back to Elkhorn.