SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

ryanslyne

Ridindirty800 has the best combo ride for our area detailed above I will add once you leave Eagle travel east and come down south through state land into Walworth county. Once in Walworth County you are just west of East Troy. That loop is a fantastic ride. There is a little piece of connector trail from the county line to the corridor that has not been groomed all year that is quite bumpy but it is tolerable considering the ride you took previous to get to that point. As for parking large lot on the White River State Trail that I would recommend off CTY HWY NN just north of Lake Geneva. From there head west and do the ride Ridindirty800 is talking about. You wont be disappointed. At least should be great for the next 7-10 days as long as it stays cold.

RS

timo

It don't get any better down here. Put on almost 400 miles from mid day Friday till Sunday evening. The mornings were groomed flat and hard. These trails I rode r some of the best down here I’ve been on in the last 20 years.. cold temps r key. This coming week looks looks good too with temps. Get out while u can.

ryanslyne

Did 150 miles over the weekend nothing crazy just out screwing around.  Was in Kenosha, Walworth and Waukesha counties.  All good.  Looks like we will be good for at least another week or so then we will have to see what happens from there with the temps.<br><br>RS

ryanslyne

We got about 3" of freshness in Walworth Co. last night.  Sounds like Racine and Kenosha are the winners with quite a bit more.  Should be another prime ride out there for the next few days! <br><br>RS

ryanslyne

Manage to log another 120 miles yesterday before the big warm up today.  We shut down now with these warm temps.  Hard to imagine they open back up unless we get a big storm in the coming weeks that gets us open for a few days.  If not well it was a good run! <br><br>RS

ridindirty800

Walworth County sent 2 groomers out last night and are re opening trails at 6am today 2-25 and are day to day. I know trails in Northern Walworth Co still look great with all snow base yet.

ryanslyne

LOL and just like that I am proven wrong with trails opening back up this morning at 6am.  Indeed they still look pretty good in spots.  Some road crossings getting rough and close to town as well. But if you really want to ride I am sure there is still some good riding out there.   It has to be hard as a rock this morning, but I imagine it would soften up by mid day.  Perhaps it will make it another day or two depending on the traffic in the area.   I will not be signing up for a ride as I am not that desperate.  My carbides are already mostly junk from the season and I don't feel like putting new ones on until next year.  Plus both my scratcher tips are also completely junk which would be pretty much required now for my 144 track haha.    <br><br>RS

wiviperman

It's pretty amazing how some areas have held up. I saw that Rock County is going to close today(2/25) at Noon. I drove by the trails near Tiffany, Southern Janesville and Northern Beloit trails on my way home from work last night and the trails that were further out of any town still have a very good amount of snow on them.
Many road crossing are either bare or getting tore up closer to any town, but further out they were pretty decent. I'm very happy with how much we were able to ride down here this year!

snobuilder

LOL and just like that I am proven wrong with trails opening back up this morning at 6am. Indeed they still look pretty good in spots. Some road crossings getting rough and close to town as well. But if you really want to ride I am sure there is still some good riding out there. It has to be hard as a rock this morning, but I imagine it would soften up by mid day. Perhaps it will make it another day or two depending on the traffic in the area. I will not be signing up for a ride as I am not that desperate. My carbides are already mostly junk from the season and I don't feel like putting new ones on until next year. Plus both my scratcher tips are also completely junk which would be pretty much required now for my 144 track haha.

RS

Seems as if we see 45 degrees and automatically think "we gotta shut her down NOW!"....even in this epic year. There is plenty of base left. I think this corner of the state closed way too quickly.
I have faith in my fellow snowmobilers to head back home when the trails get thin and they see their sleds getting beat up. Pretty much self policing if you ask me.

Besides...I am shocked as to how few riders I was seeing after the first week or so....could be the old guard of riders is thinning out with few replacements.

ridindirty800

Seems as if we see 45 degrees and automatically think "we gotta shut her down NOW!"....even in this epic year. There is plenty of base left. I think this corner of the state closed way too quickly.
I have faith in my fellow snowmobilers to head back home when the trails get thin and they see their sleds getting beat up. Pretty much self policing if you ask me.

Besides...I am shocked as to how few riders I was seeing after the first week or so....could be the old guard of riders is thinning out with few replacements.

Snobuilder I think they were hoping for a cool down, last weekend the 7 day showed Mon-Thurs warm then highs back into upper 20's and low 30's but that has changed. I think if it would have showed 38-45 everyday they would have been open the last few days. That is just a guess, but they know the base is still good and nighttime lows are cold again, maybe we can get a day, 2 days in before the end.

old abe

"Old guard riders", being such as Dinosaurs, going extinct before our eyes, eh? Yeah, well, I say so what, I'm not giving it up, I'm addicted.

ridindirty800

Had 2 buddies ride yesterday, they left Elkhorn rode north into Whitewater (KM Forest) and back towards Delevan. They waited for the snow to soften so they could stay cool mid morning. They said a few corners where dirt in the forest where they had been banked up but said the trails in the fields were great yet. Also said trails overall are still in much better shape then most winters down here. On the way home my buddy without scratchers started to run hot as the snow turns into just a frozen block when the sun and temps go down. I have not seen a update on trails today, but if they remain open my buddies were headed out for midday riding again. All my reports come from Delevan North, I cant speak at all for what Southern part of County looks like. From the road on the way to work, all trail are still 100% white.

ryanslyne

Yeah sounds like we are going to try and keep them going as long as we can.  Maybe through Saturday?  We will have to wait and see another full sun day today above freezing wont help but at this point we are just in bonus mode.  Still quite a bit of snow out there so might as well enjoy it while you can. <br><br>RS

BigSix

You guys were/are lucky. All Brown County trails are closed now. Eastern Brown, Door and Kewaunee never opened this year. They tried panning trails in Eastern Brown a few times but every time it looked like they may open, most of the snow melted. There wasnt that much to begin with, maybe 8 inches at the most on the ground at any one time. It is done here now with bare grass showing in most places except where the drifts/piles are.