SE WI - Walworth - Waukesha - Racine - Kenosha - Jefferson Counties

euphoric1

So what. Unfortunately I think the world has more and more control freaks in it and they show up everywhere now even forgetting WHY they are out grooming....news flash....it's not so the look pretty and stay that way....it's so all of us who flit the bill can ride them.
snobuilder, I assure you I'm not a "control freak" and I'm not sure about who the people are who "fit the bill" I'm not trying to step on anyone's shoes or piss in any one's cheerios and I do know why they groom trails, but the fact of the matter is, is we have 6 to maybe 7 inches of the driest fluffiest snow on the ground at best, and is at best a start to good trail conditions by panning and grooming for a base. "My" thought is why not preserve what we have for the next snow event, we have warmer temps on the horizon at least through Tuesday and if they open them, they won't even survive the weekend if not sooner so... why? if those thought labels me as someone who doesn't fit the bill then so be it, those that do...have at it but ride early because they won't last.

erkoehler

I did about 9 hours in the groomer on Monday for walworth county, some trails were really good, but the trails that run through the middle of fields really need more snow. Hopefully it stays cold and we can pickup a couple more inches of snow.

Trails in the wooded areas, and along edges of fields/tree lines are shaping up nicely.

jasonk3aa

Update from Racine County- We have some good conditions in spots and others very bad. Fluffy snow and no base will not be pleasurable to ride and there is a lot of winter wheat this year. All it takes is a few sleds to damage the wheat and we are out paying a lot of money to landowners not to mention they will be not happy to allow us back on their land next year.

Our clubs are well aware of the forecast for a warm-up next week. We certainly don't want to end the season with ZERO days open as everyone that participates with trail maintenance is volunteering their time to put in, groom, disk and take out the trails. So its as much of a disappointment to us as it is to everyone who wants to ride the trails.

With that being said, if it was late March and we were done for the year sitting with zero open days we would probably open them for a day or two and deal with the consequences but we still have some winter left. The forecast for next week still looks to be warm but may be followed with a significant snowfall. If that does happen we will have good conditions to offer you next week rather than a day or two of poor as we have now.

I know its always a big "IF" with the weather forecast but weighing the options now, the clubs elected to wait and see what happens. If we did open anything this week, it would be for the weekend and after tomorrows warmer temps so everyone can enjoy them. Any decisions made to open will be discussed on Thursday evening and we will update the snow line and travel wisconsin site accordingly.

If you are looking to ride now, I would recommend trailering out to Tichigan/Fox River. The water trails from Waterford to Big Bend are packed in and in great shape. You can get an easy and smooth 50mi day with a bunch of options to stop and warm up and support a local business sponsor. (Papa Stache, Bobberz, Hilltop, JD's Taste of Texas, Doc's on the fox all are accessible by snowmobile right now) You can park in Big Bend, the boat launch on Bridge Drive in Tichigan or at Bobberz. Plenty of room at all locations for trucks and trailers.

Last edited:

whitedust

Update from Racine County- We have some good conditions in spots and others very bad. Fluffy snow and no base will not be pleasurable to ride and there is a lot of winter wheat this year. All it takes is a few sleds to damage the wheat and we are out paying a lot of money to landowners not to mention they will be not happy to allow us back on their land next year.

Our clubs are well aware of the forecast for a warm-up next week. We certainly don't want to end the season with ZERO days open as everyone that participates with trail maintenance is volunteering their time to put in, groom, disk and take out the trails. So its as much of a disappointment to us as it is to everyone who wants to ride the trails.

With that being said, if it was late March and we were done for the year sitting with zero open days we would probably open them for a day or two and deal with the consequences but we still have some winter left. The forecast for next week still looks to be warm but may be followed with a significant snowfall. If that does happen we will have good conditions to offer you next week rather than a day or two of poor as we have now.

I know its always a big "IF" with the weather forecast but weighing the options now, the clubs elected to wait and see what happens. If we did open anything this week, it would be for the weekend and after tomorrows warmer temps so everyone can enjoy them. Any decisions made to open will be discussed on Thursday evening and we will update the snow line and travel wisconsin site accordingly.

If you are looking to ride now, I would recommend trailering out to Tichigan/Fox River. The water trails from Waterford to Big Bend are packed in and in great shape. You can get an easy and smooth 50mi day with a bunch of options to stop and warm up and support a local business sponsor. (Papa Stache, Bobberz, Hilltop, JD's Taste of Texas, Doc's on the fox all are accessible by snowmobile right now) You can park in Big Bend, the boat launch on Bridge Drive in Tichigan or at Bobberz. Plenty of room at all locations for trucks and trailers.
Totally agree we can’t afford to lose a single trail because snowmobilers damaged a land owners property. I can see the Fox River from my window looks great!👍

ridindirty800

Come out to Turtle Lake in Delavan Wi on Saturday and support 2 local clubs.
Ice and snow track 500,660,and 1000' runs. Should be a great day
272702384_4787796917994106_5126573937776037896_n.jpg

Rode Jefferson County/Waukesha yesterday. From Dousman to Helenville stayed primarily on the old railroad grade. Railroad was good, low lying areas/fields need more snow. Second picture was close to the gas station stop in Helenville, stopped at that picture and turned around. Hoping the forecast for next week holds true.

Attachments

• Grade.jpg
    Grade.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 43
  • field.jpg
    field.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 45

ryanslyne

And just like that all of our snow is gone! :( What a disappointing season for SE WI after one of the greats we had last year! Man do I wish we were getting some of that snow that is going south of us.

RS

timo

I was just thinking I may not even use my snow blower this year. That would be a first in as long as I can remember. The most snowfall I’ve shoveled is a 2-3 inches of fluff

ridindirty800

I was just thinking I may not even use my snow blower this year. That would be a first in as long as I can remember. The most snowfall I’ve shoveled is a 2-3 inches of fluff
yup I used my battery powered leaf blower as it was pure fluff the 2 minimal snow falls we had

SunnySide

MIDSNOW1219.jpg

C'mon Mother Nature!!

I mark a section of Darien's trails. Really hoping to ride around here this year!

ridindirty800

MIDSNOW1219.jpg

C'mon Mother Nature!!

I mark a section of Darien's trails. Really hoping to ride around here this year!

Sadly looks like 3-5" now. I was out marking last section of trail in Elkhorn area and was surprised there was 0 frost in the ground under the few inches of snow. Might be best thing not to get to much snow from this and get things froze up solid. But i see mid 40's in next weeks forecast........

euphoric1

Sadly looks like 3-5" now. I was out marking last section of trail in Elkhorn area and was surprised there was 0 frost in the ground under the few inches of snow. Might be best thing not to get to much snow from this and get things froze up solid. But i see mid 40's in next weeks forecast........
Frustrating!!! uuuuugh!!! just another typical SE Wi winter