Sleds 2022.

scoot

None of the committed Cat dealers I know are hurting. They order the sleds they know they can sell without needing to discount the ones they couldn't. I know that many people whine when they can't buy discounted sleds, but the industry is changing. And yep, I've seen dealers take on selling Cats then stop a few years later. But its been my experience that whenever someone tried to buy a Cat at one of these dealerships the salesman tried to sell them the other brand they have in stock instead. Its the old bait and switch. Sound familiar two dealers in town? ;) And I don't know where you ride, but if one brand is selling enough sleds to put the others out of business, its not visible to the naked eye. All brands seem equally represented out on the trails, both here down south and up north. Its just that the ones riding green sleds seem to be enjoying themselves more. Maybe its because they're not stressing about the newest flavor of the week or sitting at the "popular" kid's table. ;)

old abe

I would like to try a Polaris or Skidoo but if I put a lot of miles in a year it has no value.* I had a 2017 Viper ltx le I put 11,000 miles still sold for $6000.* If I had a Skidoo or Polaris it would be worth nothing.* The price of new sleds will make me ride my 2020 till its out of warranty or a year before.**

Apples and oranges, eh? Perhaps you compare to a Doo 4 stroke? Used Doo 4 strokes hold their resale value very, very well.

Cirrus

Apples and oranges, eh? Perhaps you compare to a Doo 4 stroke? Used Doo 4 strokes hold their resale value very, very well.

Like I said, most of them just don't get it. They ride them, because they always have - no desire to try something new.

old abe

Like I said, most of them just don't get it. They ride them, because they always have - no desire to try something new.

Spot on you are! It takes some more time than others, but you, whitedust, and many others have found out what they had no idea of. Many don't realize Rotax was building, and selling 4 stroke engines some 50 plus years prior to the first Yamaha 4 stroke engine. Not that it makes any difference, however manufacturing aircraft engines says a whole bunch.

Last edited:

katden4

Spot on you are! It takes some more time than others, but you, whitedust, and many others have found out what they had no idea of.

I have a few friends that feel the same, wont try anything new or different. I wont mention the brand they ride, it doesn't matter to me. I just know if they were to try something out of their comfort zone they would be a lot happier and surprised.

snoden

I have and its always the same thing for me...get me back on my tuned sidewinder as fast as I can. My buddy's on the other hand won't stop to get there Poo or Doo back.

kip

There's not another 4 stroke engine out there like the Yamaha 3 cylinder turbo, period! Super satisfying for most 4 stroke riders!

old abe

Has anybody used Citgo Sea and Snow in their Polaris 800? Thinking about making the switch*

Can't help you on the Sea and Snow in a Poo 800. But it appears the Mystik Full Synthetic sells out just as fast as the Sea & Snow at Farm & Fleet stores for only $5 more? Riding bud is going to switch over his Poo 800 to the Mystik Full Synthetic next year. As it has a bit better "cold flow" rating.