Snow Storm Feb 21 and 22

Am i reading this correctly? Is John saying 6-10 inches for each day, Monday and Tuesday in northern WI? That would be amazing!

"That low will then work east into the Midwest for Monday and Tuesday, the models are still in pretty good agreement and indicate snows of around 6-10″ to fall across SD, into central MN and the northern 1/2 of WI for Monday. By Tuesday, the band of heaviest snow (6-10″) is indicated to occur across the southern 1/2 of MN, into the northern 1/2 of WI, all of the UP and extreme northern lower MI"

whitedust

Am i reading this correctly? Is John saying 6-10 inches for each day, Monday and Tuesday in northern WI? That would be amazing!

"That low will then work east into the Midwest for Monday and Tuesday, the models are still in pretty good agreement and indicate snows of around 6-10″ to fall across SD, into central MN and the northern 1/2 of WI for Monday. By Tuesday, the band of heaviest snow (6-10″) is indicated to occur across the southern 1/2 of MN, into the northern 1/2 of WI, all of the UP and extreme northern lower MI"
Go ask John and ask.

wiscrev

According to the 4PM weather on channel 12 in Rhinelander, that seems to be what John is predicting. They didn't give totals, that will be at 5, but weatherman said this will be the biggest of the year [not the winter, I assume] as we had some pretty good snows Nov-Dec.

snoden

Yes, this system will be coming in 2 separate waves of snow fall.

renegade

We need it for sure. Be nice to get groomers out again, sick of being missed from every direction this year.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went back and re-read it a couple of times. As I understand it, there will be two snowfalls, one beginning on Monday in the west, moving east on Tuesday. Then Thursday another system tracking a bit more south. Looks like somebody is gonna get some snow!

Mother Nature Says.jpg

LoveMyDobe

That is what the Duluth stations are saying now. Friday we had a unexpected "life threatening snow squall warning". I was out riding in it, it was AWESUME!!! Dropped or blew about 2 inches. Busy weekend in Bayfield Co. sleds everywhere.

D

Deleted member 10829

Check out John's journal, he shows some snowfall totals for the storm at the very end of the journal. Thanks for doing that John!

matti

It's kind of exciting that we seem to be getting a "real" snowstorm. I feel like we don't get many of them anymore! Maybe 5" so far in Iron River, WI with reports of 9"+ up the Bayfield Peninsula near Washburn. Let it snow!

dfattack

It's kind of exciting that we seem to be getting a "real" snowstorm. I feel like we don't get many of them anymore! Maybe 5" so far in Iron River, WI with reports of 9"+ up the Bayfield Peninsula near Washburn. Let it snow!
It sure feels that way!