So.......I started a project, My new Garage!

snobuilder

I’m kind of curious how she can help you along with that blindfold on …ha ha
Yea, lousy pic....but a blindfold was almost needed when jacking up that 14'- 2x6 stud wall....the 20' wall jacks weren't even long enough....had to make tmporary openings for them...

snoden

Sweep, you got that right. Also have had an articulated lift for the past 25 years. Don't use it as much these days but the old Zoom Boom still works.

Sweep800

Mines only a 30’ reach but pretty compact so pros and cons. It weighs 17k lbs so my excavator moves it for me

pclark

Mines only a 30’ reach but pretty compact so pros and cons. It weighs 17k lbs so my excavator moves it for me
I haven't used a lift yet and have set half of my trusses and today I set my support beams for my other half of the garage which will have a 2nd story. Used ingenuity and 66 year old muscle to get them placed. I wish I had a lift like yours, Over $500 per day to rent something like that plus delivery. I'll keep plodding along.
1694132996220.png
1694133044090.png
1694133067310.png

Sweep800

Look’n good! Gotta say I’m a little envious! I still haven’t built my garage up there yet! Plus I’d rather frame up there than down here.

pclark

Look’n good! Gotta say I’m a little envious! I still haven’t built my garage up there yet! Plus I’d rather frame up there than down here.
Thanks Sweep, Need to get the deck done, and then start framing the upstairs. Lows in the 40's now at night, pleasant weather to work now that the heat is gone.

dfattack

PClark looks like you are timing the project perfectly. Happy for my! I bet you are pumped to get the sleds in there during the winter!

pclark

PClark looks like you are timing the project perfectly. Happy for my! I bet you are pumped to get the sleds in there during the winter!
DF, I am pumped just because I am finally building my perfect Garage, It's more like building a house because there is a 500sf 2nd story that wil be built this month. But yes, It will be so nice to have a warm place to work on things and hang out. Going to put a couple of TV's in the shop as well, one for Sports and use the other for You Tube video's when I am need to. More to come at the end of the weekend!

skiroule

Starting to get a real sense of the size of this project. It's big! Hats off to you for the progress you are making.

pclark

Starting to get a real sense of the size of this project. It's big! Hats off to you for the progress you are making.
Thanks Skiroule, I say it's a garage but it's 1,700sf overall with the room above so it's like a house. We probably will live above the garage while we remodel the cabin.