So.......I started a project, My new Garage!

garageguy

I even got a partially used one back in the mail. I ĺost it in menards parking lot. A honest person turned it in at the desk and they mailed it back to me.

pclark

Progress last week included getting the sheathing on the first part of the garage, building the gables, and putting on the silicone felt paper. At least now I have 20' x 30' that is waterproof so I have moved some things inside that were in my driveway. It was just me working alone this past and I wrapped up on Friday at 12:30pm and have taken the weekend off to spend with family that arrived at noon on Friday. Hoping to get the support beams up for the floor of the 2nd story this week and start the decking, then it's onto framing in the 2nd story and trusses, etc.
1693746086772.png
1693746181035.png
1693746256379.png
1693746289033.png
1693746319685.png

garageguy

I'm wondering how big of a catch all for snow that will be between the buildings.

Maybe you should add a second floor on yer house.

skiroule

You're a garage building machine, Mr., Clark. I've built a few garages as a solo effort but even in my prime I wouldn't attempt something like this. Excellent progress!

indy_500

I'm wondering how big of a catch all for snow that will be between the buildings.

Maybe you should add a second floor on yer house.
I had an interesting yard at my old house that dropped downward into my garage from a farm field. Every buddy that would come over would mention how it must be awful with rain and snow. Was the farthest thing from a problem! Staying optimistic on this one!

Nice work so far!

pclark

You're a garage building machine, Mr., Clark. I've built a few garages as a solo effort but even in my prime I wouldn't attempt something like this. Excellent progress!
Thanks Skiroule, It is a project and I've just maybe passed the halfway point on framing. What I get done in the next 25 days will give me a good idea of where I stand on my timeline.

pclark

I had an interesting yard at my old house that dropped downward into my garage from a farm field. Every buddy that would come over would mention how it must be awful with rain and snow. Was the farthest thing from a problem! Staying optimistic on this one!

Nice work so far!
Me too Indy, That is why I built it with a 6/12 pitch and the load factor on those trusses are built to support a lot of snow which should stay on the roof with asphalt shingles. We never had an issue with snow or melting in the 8 years that we have been here and we've had a lot of snow most winters.

snobuilder

Cool way of making the best use out of a challenging lot!
Is it you and the wife doing all the carpentry?...If so, I too have a better half that is willing to help on all of our projects.

Attachments

• 20160926_172159.jpg
    20160926_172159.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 74

pclark

Is it you and the wife doing all the carpentry?...If so, I too have a better half that is willing to help on all of our projects.
I am doing most of the build myself, My wife helps when she can but she is no carpenter and I don't expect her to be one but she's learning and I appreciate her help. I also have a couple of old guys on our street that have helped occasionally by raising walls, etc. My buddy, who is same age (66) as I am helped with trusses and he will help set the support beams for 2nd story as well as trusses again. Otherwise it's pretty much all me.

snomoman

I’m kind of curious how she can help you along with that blindfold on …ha ha