Togwotee 2015

polarisrider1

Riding 6 days. March 15-20. I booked a bunch of rooms a while back before the big price jump for the season. We got 7 guys going. If you would like to join up to ride or just for a discounted room, pm me. We are going thru Tomah Wis. So we can pick you up If you wish. So ask a buddy got room for 3 sleds. ASAP if possible. I don't want to get stuck with the deposit On the extra room.

JasonF

One of these times I'm going to be able to hit you up for a spot but as with your Cooke City trip you hit the two weeks of the month I can't post vacation. Actually going to be coming back from Togwotee just a couple days before you arrive!

sweeperguy

I see they get lots of snow out there. Is it all off trail deep powder riding, and back country, mountain ride, so you need a 800 long track. Or is there trail, meadow, hill riding a guy could run a trail sled. What kind of elevation is it. Re-jet, clutch?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I see they get lots of snow out there. Is it all off trail deep powder riding, and back country, mountain ride, so you need a 800 long track. Or is there trail, meadow, hill riding a guy could run a trail sled. What kind of elevation is it. Re-jet, clutch?

They have a massive trail system and there are many spots were you can jump off the trail and ride a meadow or do some hill climbing. The stuff closest to the trail tends to get tracked up quickly after new snow. The lodge is at 8900 feet, so re-clutching and re-jetting is a must.

If you go, you might want to rent a long track and get a guide to see what lies beyond the next hill! I can all but guarantee you will not be disappointed in your decision.

-John

polarisrider1

Thank you John For your input.
It is Not a "close the bar, drinking event Guys." Save that for your "Ride around the house trips". Your spending some serious coin for some serious trail/off trail riding experiences. It is highly addictive. When I get home I start planning my return!
We got smurf rider flying out and another renting a sled thus opening a few spots In the truck and trailer.

Last edited:

pez

It is addicting. Started for me as a bucket list trip. Then started two a year. This year I have three trips planned. And I am a looser. I have been going by myself. I always get a guide and meet a great bunch of people. Either in the group I am riding with or at happy hour.

cooksend

Togwotee is the WalMart of mountain riding. They have an isle for everybody! Super cool place with great views and amazing riding!
What day you heading to Brooks for lunch PR1? Just may have to meet up and say hi!

polarisrider1

Togwotee is the WalMart of mountain riding. They have an isle for everybody! Super cool place with great views and amazing riding!
What day you heading to Brooks for lunch PR1? Just may have to meet up and say hi!

Not sure as of yet. I will zero in on it when it gets closer.

srxsrule

Not sure as of yet. I will zero in on it when it gets closer.

Better start hoping for a MAJOR weather change! The last 2-3 weeks have sucked BIG TIME. Its been more like April/may weather with warm temps, sun and rain. From Nov 15th to Jan 6th I rode a total of 22 days, from Jan 7th to Feb 15th Ive ridden 3 days. Thats how bad its been and its only a 5 minute drive from my house to the parking lot at the mountain. Eric

polarisrider1

Better start hoping for a MAJOR weather change! The last 2-3 weeks have sucked BIG TIME. Its been more like April/may weather with warm temps, sun and rain. From Nov 15th to Jan 6th I rode a total of 22 days, from Jan 7th to Feb 15th Ive ridden 3 days. Thats how bad its been and its only a 5 minute drive from my house to the parking lot at the mountain. Eric

Not to concerned. Had the low snow issue before.
Will just switch up locations then.

srxsrule

Any snow coming in this week or next? We will be out there starting this Saturday for 7 days.

Sunny and dry most of the week, chance of light snow on friday.

Just to be clear, there is plenty of snow to ride on. Its just hard pack spring like riding conditions.

Check out the web cam at the lodge, when the roof of the lodge is clear of snow you know its been Sunny, Warm and no new Snow. Eric

jonw

PR1...I might be interested in riding one day with you during that period. I wouldn't be staying the night, just driving up for the day. That is, if you have room in your group.

polarisrider1

PR1...I might be interested in riding one day with you during that period. I wouldn't be staying the night, just driving up for the day. That is, if you have room in your group.

Sure! We have a guide 4 of the 6 days we're riding. Sunday the 15th would work great! We plan to roll in around 6am, have breakfast and ride on our own that day. Also would like to hook up with cooksend that week.

jonw

Not sure if I could make Sunday the 15th work. My wife is heading out of town on the 16th, so I'm probably smart to not go riding on her last day here!!

I know many of the guides at Tog, so it probably wouldn't be a problem if I joined your guided group. Let's play it by ear.

Thanks for the offer!!!

polarisrider1

Not sure if I could make Sunday the 15th work. My wife is heading out of town on the 16th, so I'm probably smart to not go riding on her last day here!!

I know many of the guides at Tog, so it probably wouldn't be a problem if I joined your guided group. Let's play it by ear.

Thanks for the offer!!!

Sounds good!