Togwotee 2015

krashr

Going out west this Friday through Wed. Riding Rabbit Ears, CO at this point but may change booking if it snows better elsewhere. Anyways I have a 2010 M8 that I have a 1.6 141" on right now, could switch it out for the 153 powerclaw, but what do others think? The other 4 guys I'll be with will be on 137-141's 1.75-2.25 except for one 155 Pro. Never really ridden in mashed potatoes snow, so not sure what would be best.

snoluver1

That 1.6 cobra is amazingly capable in the right hands. I would say leave it on. I know every swinging **** in the country will say I'm crazy, but I find in certain snow conditions it actually works better than a deeper lug track. Yes, I actually said "better"! More track speed can be an advantage on late season snow, and when you get stuck in those mashed taters you won't be stuck in a 6 foot hole.

polarisrider1

Riding was ok for what it was, love the area, but this was my LAST time staying at TML until it is purchased by someone other than Aramark, food was terrible as I remembered 4 years ago.....

Agree, Breakfast is incredibly bad. Dinner menu not like it used to be. Best to order off bar menu. Rooms are clean and beds are comfy. I go for the vastness of the area and the guides. It is still a good place for "new" people getting into the off trail scene.

pippy_b

I agree the food has gone way down hill! Breakfast is fair at best. Stick with the cereal and if you are lucky they will have the blueberry bread for toast! Where is the pizza? Where is the soup on the salad bar? Why do you have to cook your burgers to Well Done and DRYYYY!!! Winter package is a good deal but please step up your food game!

xc500mod

What's the cheapest way to do Togwotee mountain lodge. I am thinking cabins and no food drink package. The guide is essential for the new guys especially if the snow isn't fresh and deep.

srxsrule

Over a foot today, still snowing and calling for another 2-4". Back to rain by saturday, gonna have to hit it quick. Eric

pippy_b

The package is the way to go. Its gets cheaper the more people you can wedge into a cabin!! :) We went from 4 to 3 and down to 2 people. Much more comfortable!