Togwotee 2015

srt20

Got back early this morning.

Last Monday was hero snow.
Last Tuesday was ~18" of fresh on top of hero snow.
No snow Wed - Sat morning.
Was cold thru Thursday. Warm on Friday, but didn't do much damage.
Last I saw for Dubois WY Zipcode was 30s-low 40s for temps this coming week. I'm sure 5*-15* cooler up on the hill.

We stayed at Lava and Brooks Lake area was very tracked up on Friday. Bonneville pass area wasn't bad, but we tore up the high plateau and hills pretty good. Found good snow by safety hut NW of Lava.

Passed a TON of trailers on our way home Sat morning.

Plenty of snow pack, but they could use some fresh powder.

Did not ride by Tog mtn lodge area. But I'm sure it's more tracked up than by Lava.

polarisrider1

It's snowing at Togwotee. Packed and ready to roll. Saturday very very early. Plan to have breakfast at Lava Sunday about 8am. So if your in the area swing over and we can out a game plan together. Then up and over the pass for 6 days of riding.

srxsrule

It's snowing at Togwotee. Packed and ready to roll. Saturday very very early. Plan to have breakfast at Lava Sunday about 8am. So if your in the area swing over and we can out a game plan together. Then up and over the pass for 6 days of riding.

Good luck! There is "moisture" in the forecast, I hope you get some SNOW! Lets hope for a spring dump, I still havent made it over to Tog this year but would for sure if they got a nice spring storm. Eric

polarisrider1

Good luck! There is "moisture" in the forecast, I hope you get some SNOW! Lets hope for a spring dump, I still havent made it over to Tog this year but would for sure if they got a nice spring storm. Eric

I'm a bit concerned. It rained in Jackson Wyoming today.
Going anyways. This year will be the least riding I've done since 1972. I've been to Togwotee with 50 degrees one day and 25 the next with a foot of new fluff. Been to Lava mtn. In April and it snowed 2-3 feet that week. So there is hope. Mother Nature has been good to me in the past. I will roll the dice.

srxsrule

I'm a bit concerned. It rained in Jackson Wyoming today.
Going anyways. This year will be the least riding I've done since 1972. I've been to Togwotee with 50 degrees one day and 25 the next with a foot of new fluff. Been to Lava mtn. In April and it snowed 2-3 feet that week. So there is hope. Mother Nature has been good to me in the past. I will roll the dice.

I live 24 miles west of Jackson on the other side of teton pass, there is rain in the forecast for us sun through fri :( Its been in the upper 50's all week. We have been in this pattern for weeks, the problem is the ice layer it creates and that makes it very dangerous when off trail and we cant keep the sleds cool. It looks like sun/sun night will be the best chance for a few inches of snow so make the most out of monday! Eric

garyl62

We need to talk sometime, this is just to tempting to not hook up with you when you drive by and head out there with your group one of these years

cooksend

Rode yesterday for the first day of the week long trip. Found tons of fresh lines and once the snow softened up a bit we had a blast.

Attachments

• Greg Crop.jpg
    Greg Crop.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Nick Crop.jpg
    Nick Crop.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20150314_142250472.jpg
    IMG_20150314_142250472.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 92

polarisrider1

Good to meet you PR! Be safe and have a ball.

It was nice meeting you to Greg. We rode to Brookes lake for lunch (last day they are serving for season ). And Austin Peak. Mostly our shakedown day. Sled ran great for 47 degrees. Got in some climbs over by fiberglass hill.