Togwotee 2015

wiggsfive

It was nice meeting you to Greg. We rode to Brookes lake for lunch (last day they are serving for season ). And Austin Peak. Mostly our shakedown day. Sled ran great for 47 degrees. Got in some climbs over by fiberglass hill.

We just got back yesterday from a week at Brooks Lake Lodge (awesome people) our guide Mark was truly the best... Found plenty of untracked snow. As mentioned above once it loosened up a little is was better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 75

polarisrider1

I am finding a lot of....never mind. Everyone has their own opinion. Glad you had a good time. That's the key.

- - - Updated - - -

Suppose to rain tomorrow.

jonw

PR1... I was really hoping to come up and ride with you guys for a day, but we are golfing here!!! (In Victor, ID, 20 miles from Jackson). Afraid my snowmobile season is over. What a lousy winter we've had. Don't get me wrong, we've had some great riding, but it ended way too soon.

Hope you guys have a great week. Hoping for some snow for you!

polarisrider1

PR1... I was really hoping to come up and ride with you guys for a day, but we are golfing here!!! (In Victor, ID, 20 miles from Jackson). Afraid my snowmobile season is over. What a lousy winter we've had. Don't get me wrong, we've had some great riding, but it ended way too soon.

Hope you guys have a great week. Hoping for some snow for you!

We are making the best of it. Our guide (Matt S.) Is doing his best. We are doing a lot of technical riding deep in the trees.

rmkking

it still sounds like more fun than sitting at home. FYI Togwotee kept my deposit they don't have a bad snow refund. I talked to some jackhole in Phoenix AZ on the phone I don't think he understood when its raining its not good snowmobile weather. Not really happy about that.

polarisrider1

it still sounds like more fun than sitting at home. FYI Togwotee kept my deposit they don't have a bad snow refund. I talked to some jackhole in Phoenix AZ on the phone I don't think he understood when its raining its not good snowmobile weather. Not really happy about that.

We knew that would be the case. We were all paid in full, guys had airline tickets, etc. Were making the best of it. We have a great group of guys. The Minnesota boys are a riot.

cooksend

Snow conditions are not great but there is more than enough depth if you look for it! Spent today stuck waist deep half the day. Mashed taters and a handful of throttle does make for a good time!

L

lenny

few more pics brother! Show me the pic of Nick upside down in the creek or Bob kissing Nick in the hot tub

polarisrider1

Found plenty up above the tree lines yesterday. Cutting it short a day. 10,400 ft. Still some deep. Hasn't snowed here in a long time.

polarisrider1

got home at 1am last night. went to work today.
I have a ton of pictures I just have to take the time to get them on here. for a weather report, save your vacation time for next year.

cooksend

On the way home today. We had to work hard to find fun snow and the only good riding was tree riding. Hope I have enough footage to put an edit together. We certainly could have done a better job with the cameras.

Attachments

• IMG_20150321_124531164.jpg
    IMG_20150321_124531164.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20150321_124555593_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150321_124555593_HDR.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20150321_102826676.jpg
    IMG_20150321_102826676.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20150318_152425035_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150318_152425035_HDR.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 69

JasonF

The Tog webcam looks horrid, I don't know that I've ever seen a gravel parking lot this early in March. It appear that the last descent snow was when my group was out there around the 3/4th of March!

srxsrule

got home at 1am last night. went to work today.
I have a ton of pictures I just have to take the time to get them on here. for a weather report, save your vacation time for next year.

Looks like you might have missed it by a week. Snow moving into tonight for the next 5 days. Might be the last fresh snow for the season.

FYI, the last GOOD snow was jan 5th, a few little snows since then but that was the last time we were busting fresh, deep powder. What a crappy winter! Eric

RevKev

Riding was ok for what it was, love the area, but this was my LAST time staying at TML until it is purchased by someone other than Aramark, food was terrible as I remembered 4 years ago.....

srt20

Riding was ok for what it was, love the area, but this was my LAST time staying at TML until it is purchased by someone other than Aramark, food was terrible as I remembered 4 years ago.....

nevermind. I am having reading comprehension issues tonight.

I have never eaten(ate?) at TML. I thought you were talking about Lava.

Last edited:

indy_500

If it didn't come in the classic winter package, I wouldn't pay for the breakfast buffet but everything on the menu for supper is awesome IMO.

pez

The menu has got smaller over the years. The dinner specials are pretty good....if all else fails, my go to is the steak. Even that has it's bad nights.

I agree with Indy, I would never "pay" for the breakfast. Same powdered eggs every morning. I used to like the ham off the bone, but they got rid of that too. How hard is it to make a few fresh eggs to order?

Fill out the survey.....I heard they read them.

If it didn't come in the classic winter package, I wouldn't pay for the breakfast buffet but everything on the menu for supper is awesome IMO.