Trail 2 - Losing a section due to change of ownership

harski

I wonder why he wasn't willing to sell a portion of the land in the latest proposition? He just basically doesn't want sledders near him. I don't know the area to well but is US 2 a 4 lanes along the area in that effected area? Wonder if they could shut down one lane for this winter and let the sleds run the shoulder?? Maybe have to haul in some snow in the beginning?

Last edited:

ICT Sledder

I wonder why he wasn't willing to sell a portion of the land in the latest proposition? He just basically doesn't want sledders near him. I don't know the area to well but is that a 4 lane highway that runs in that effected area? Wonder if they could shut down one lane for this winter and let the sleds run the shoulder?? Maybe have to haul in some snow in the beginning?
He was never going to be negotiable. He just played along to make it look like he tried. It was always going to end up going nowhere.

wisco-mb

Agreed. He was never going to let it happen. The smart people see that. That makes him look even worse.

I was just going to mention the google reviews! I see a guy from NY just posted.

One comment I just read below. I find this very hypocritical. He mentions freedom. I feel this is free country and we are allowed to post our thoughts! Especially when it goes deeper and affects the community economies! It is right, and all our actions have consequences! Keep that in mind.

There are angry snowmobilers posting 1 star reviews trying to cancel this business because they are upset that the new owner chose not to allow snowmobile access across the property. I am a snowmobiler and a freedom loving American, that's why I'm leaving this review.... the owner is being wronged and reputation being harmed because he is exercising his personal freedom of land ownership. This is America.

harvest1121

Would never have had this reroute if everyone would of stayed on the trail on old trail 2.. A few snowmobilers who could not stay on the trail and pipes ruined this trail before this owner of the land. You can hope this land owner will see what he is losing with bad press and hopefully lack of employees. How do you write a review and you have not been to the ski hill. Well this should be a wake call stay on the trail and get rid of the pipes.

hermie

Ye
Would never have had this reroute if everyone would of stayed on the trail on old trail 2.. A few snowmobilers who could not stay on the trail and pipes ruined this trail before this owner of the land. You can hope this land owner will see what he is losing with bad press and hopefully lack of employees. How do you write a review and you have not been to the ski hill. Well this should be a wake call stay on the trail and get rid of the pipes
Yeah that's the part people are forgetting about. I remember when they lost the old section. The landowner was tired of people just going up and down brapping there throttle. Sounded like there were people late at night going up and down the trail on and off the gas with pipes sleds. It is unfortunate that the look at me I only care about myself at I am entitled to ride where I want as loud as I want are ruining it for the majority who get it and do what they should.

yamadooed

I’d like to welcome the new owner to the area and I hope they put BS Snowcone Resort the very last routes on the plow list.

Hoosier

I’d like to welcome the new owner to the area and I hope they put BS Snowcone Resort the very last routes on the plow list.
I was thinking that's how this needs to be handled. If he doesn't want to support the community, don't make it easy for his customers to get there.

euphoric1

Ye

Yeah that's the part people are forgetting about. I remember when they lost the old section. The landowner was tired of people just going up and down brapping there throttle. Sounded like there were people late at night going up and down the trail on and off the gas with pipes sleds. It is unfortunate that the look at me I only care about myself at I am entitled to ride where I want as loud as I want are ruining it for the majority who get it and do what they should.
Couldn't agree more and I know there are probably many who won't like what I'm about to say but going to say it anyways. I think there are many who take for granted the trail system, that it's just there, and that we should just be able to ride it where, when and how we want. I also think there is a greater population of us who know better. Trail systems are very valuable to the sport, as well as the landowners, and the clubs who make the trail system possible. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... the LANDOWNERS! and I read some of the posts and I have not read any of the backlash on the property's website, but we have to remember... this is not our property! yes, it sucks that the new owner doesn't want the trail crossing through his property, but in the end, it is his property. Maybe at some point some compromise or agreement can be made with the local clubs and property owner but with all the back lash from the snowmobiling community I don't think we are helping our plight for one minute, and I think it reflects very badly on the snowmobiling community as a whole, those posts and bashings are there for all to see, you can't get rid of them and what kind of opinion do you think that makes someone of us? Owning a sled, paying for registration doesn't equate to "I can ride where I want, when I want and how I want to" and I think there are some who just assume that and it's that some that just like for everything else... ruin it for the many. IMO

indy_500

Couldn't agree more and I know there are probably many who won't like what I'm about to say but going to say it anyways. I think there are many who take for granted the trail system, that it's just there, and that we should just be able to ride it where, when and how we want. I also think there is a greater population of us who know better. Trail systems are very valuable to the sport, as well as the landowners, and the clubs who make the trail system possible. MOST IMPORTANTLY.... the LANDOWNERS! and I read some of the posts and I have not read any of the backlash on the property's website, but we have to remember... this is not our property! yes, it sucks that the new owner doesn't want the trail crossing through his property, but in the end, it is his property. Maybe at some point some compromise or agreement can be made with the local clubs and property owner but with all the back lash from the snowmobiling community I don't think we are helping our plight for one minute, and I think it reflects very badly on the snowmobiling community as a whole, those posts and bashings are there for all to see, you can't get rid of them and what kind of opinion do you think that makes someone of us? Owning a sled, paying for registration doesn't equate to "I can ride where I want, when I want and how I want to" and I think there are some who just assume that and it's that some that just like for everything else... ruin it for the many. IMO
Agree 100%. The bigger problem with the situation though that I’ve been following closely is the false hope and the constant lying by Mr. Skinner & Co… Tells you what you want to hear to make you hopeful, tells you what needs to happen to make this work, and every time the club has offered a fair compromise, he keeps moving the goal posts and placing the blame elsewhere.

Hoosier

All true but pulling this trail in September/October is bad news. This guy is in the tourism business - he knows what he is doing.

euphoric1

All true but pulling this trail in September/October is bad news. This guy is in the tourism business - he knows what he is doing.
I agree but, in the end, it's still his property and if I was Joe Blow property owner and I was receiving the backlash and negativity he is, I wouldn't bring myself to the bargaining table either. The property changed hands.... the new owner was less receptive to having a trail run through his property and what is our response? and as indy_500 stated he keeps "telling us what we want to hear"....maybe he has heard enough. And again I haven't seen what has been posted on his site or the ever-wonderful Facebook but I can only imagine. Maybe it is the selected few who have removed the bargaining chips from the table, and we are now getting the response we deserve. IMO all the negativity is taking us nowhere and I assure you...thats a fact

hermie

I agree that all the people trying to ruin his business by putting negative reviews on the internet isn't going to resolve anything. We have to remember majority of the population doesn't snowmobile or ride UTV's. To someone who doesn't and sees what is being posted is not going to think highly of snowmobilers. The part that is pretty crappy is the late notice. Been a lot easier to swallow if he came in and said this is the last year of the trail running through the property. I feel with all the attacks on him they are done with this and without some miracle reroute this trail is closed for this season.

Go Fast or Go Home

Agree with euphoric1.

As much as I do not want to see the trail closed----It's his property simple as that.

No point to talk negatively about him, because as stated, most people do not snowmobile and negative statements reflects on the sledding community.

Don~

hermie

Sounds like the club has been busting there rear ends as always and they may have a rerouted with minimal road riding. Fantastic job by the club working 24/7 on this. They haven't said if this is a permanent reroute or a reroute just for this year but wow what an incredible accomplishment in such a short time.

kip

Always nice when people from out of the area come here for the Yooper way of life but want to change it immediately. Please all who do so, go back where you came from. Natives such as myself like the U.P. the way it is and the way it's always been! Piss poor decision and piss poor timing on their part.

snobuilder

a few who are on the GRTA facebook page are defending septicrivers decision and crowing that they hope the snow club has learned a lesson on how to ask permission....as if they had any intention of giving it.