Why Polaris can hand out bonuses

indy_500

fcatguy, where'd you buy your cat oil btw? Most dealers are $40 a gallon here, and one place is running an end of season deal, cat mineral oil for $17 a gal. cat apv synthetic oil for $27 a gal.

scottd

I personally think the marine industry is the worst but that is another day!!!!

You outta check out airplane stuff, makes boats look CHEAP!!!

In general parts price gouging is from all of them, cars too..... If you built pretty much any motorized vehicle by buying all the parts and then assembling it i'm sure they would cost 10x or more.

rsvectordude

They all have spendy belts. BTW Ski Doo's really spendy belt is $190. That doesn't bother me much because I have seen how they make belts and I can tell you there is alot of value added technology and labor. As for those government purchases, Hope the ATV's are used to save our boys &girls and guard our borders. That kind of money is worth spending!!!!

$190 for a belt!! Ouch! I haven't spent over $60 for a belt since I owned my sled...

Won't be saying that when your crank goes out... :p

Come on Indy...get over it. Oil brand did not cause crank failure. I have ran Doo mineral oil and Sea and Snow in a 700 all its life...12000 miles. Bought another 700 that ran Amsoil in it all its life...5000 miles=siezed crank bearing.
You are a good kid and I love your passion for sleddin', but sometimes you talk out your... :p

D

Deleted member 10829

Small market

When you produce a very small amount of engines, you have fewer failures.

xsledder

I don't have a fuji, I have a liberty 500 made in usa, not a suzuki built japanese cat 800 :p :D

So I read in your statement that a usa built engine by a company that start producing their own engines around 15 years ago is better then any japanese engine on the market that has been building engines for decades. I would have to give the point to experience on this arguement.

With that said, I don't have to change plugs in my Cat's Suzuki engine until 36,000 miles. How often do you change plugs in your 500? Talk about reliability, all I do to my Cat is anually replace the hyfax, anually or every other year replace the skags, change the oil every or every other year, keep the battery on the trickle charger during non-use, grease it annually, clean the clutches annually, wash it annually, and change the chaincase lube annually. Otherwise, I fill it with gas and start it with a key. Ride for 200 miles, fill it with gas and start it with a key. Ride for 200 miles, fill it with gas and start it with a key. Ride for 200 miles, fill it with gas and start it with a key. Ride for 200 miles, fill it with gas and start it with a key. ...

Get the picture? (it's like owning a car)

Last edited:

ajviper

i went throught the same with a 120 i just purchased this past year. Replaced a ski, windshield, and bumper. If poo sold 1000 plus of these a year, I'm sure the cost for prodcuing these parts(engineering and time) would be less. It is what it is.

xgl914

Wow. I'm impressed some of you know what it takes internally to run some of these businessess to allow them to succeed. If they are able to sell product, pay bills, and hand out bonuses, good for them. As said before, if you don't like it, don't buy the product.

russholio

sorry buddy its a cat not a poo!!!!thats a poo doo thing.......not an oil thing

Wouldn't say it's a Doo thing, either. Mine doesn't seem to mind S&S...nor does my wallet! :D

So maybe it's a Poo thing....or maybe, just maybe {gasp}<gasp> operator error? Nah, couldn't be. :rolleyes:

Sorry Indy, couldn't resist a little jab....now back to the regularly scheduled thread.</gasp>

Last edited:

dmsrx

I had to buy a seat cover for a 99 RMK a couple months ago when my dogs decided they didn't like a Polaris parked in their garage. The seat was in mint condition, I couldn't find a comparable seat anywhere so I ordered a new cover from Polaris. I expected it to be expensive which it was, 221.00 but what I didn't expect was for it not to be an exact replica of what the original seat cover was. The replacement is made from plain black Naugahyde with Polaris screen printed at the back. Could have got that from an E-Bay for alot less.

G

G

There are reasons they don't use Pol engines in ultralight aircraft.

Blu Du

i priced a chain for the 120 and i think it was $65. i went to fleet and bought 10' and made 3 chains for $8. a track is about 250 and a ski is 110