1st Time EVER! SLED STOLEN FROM PAT'S IN GREENLAND!!

kip

1st Time EVER! SLED STOLEN FROM PAT'S IN GREENLAND!!

Just before 10 pm on Feb 20th a man walked up fully dressed from the snowmobile trail near our gas pumps, warmed up a used 2018 XCR, and stole it. We've always been able to display our product both used and new out front without issues. Well that's all changing folks. No more product outside ever. We live up here for a reason and now we can't even live the way we would like to anymore in our own backyard. Pretty damn sad, coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Color is Red with light blue accents. 2020 XCR 850. Last six of the VIN are 704102. You never know when you're riding what you might see at a bar or diner so please keep your eyes peeled for this machine. No doubt the coward will be riding it at some point. Spread the word! Thank you all.

snake

just plain sad,we all got what's coming to us some day,and he will surely get his. karma is a beeatch

jakester

Sorry to here that. I guess it just goes to show you that, Bad Things Happen To Good People. I hope someone comes up with some info for you!

Sledhead!

Sorry to hear that Kip, POS for sure in the purest form. Karma will catch up with him if you, me or the other John Dee community doesn't first!

chunk06

What did they do unhook the harness and start it or did they have a key that fit? You have to admit that is a easy way to steal one especially if you don't live in the area. It was probably loaded on to an enclosed trailer and out of Michigan in a few hours.

whitedust

WOW! Sooo sorry to hear that Kip. I always enjoyed our trusting relationship and I sure hope that doesn’t change Pat’s style of doing business. What a pos thief!

old abe

Sorry to hear Kip, and yes too many POS's around these days. Hopefully it will turn out good for you somehow? But is it a 2018, or a 2020?

kip

It's a 2020 XCR 850. They drove down the highway and pulled over, the coward then walked a quarter mile in full black gear. Drove the sled down the side of the road, loaded, and hit the road. A eye witness said he saw a white chevy with a trailer in tow pulled over and he saw the gentleman walking. Little did he know he was witnessing a crime. Key was in the machine. Have been for 40 freaking years, no more! GAME OVER! Thanks for support and keep your eyes and ears open. Paul shared it on our facebook page so please share with everyone you can! The VIN number is also posted and a police report has been made.

old abe

Thanks for the feed back, and details Kip. Some how I hope your not greatly harmed by this happening. Keep your chin up, and head screwed on, in hopes they catch this POS!

Cirrus

I was going drop my sled off for routine service last night at Lakeland in Woodruff. They told me just leave it outside the fence with key in it - never had any issues.
In this world we live in today? Needless to say, I discarded that plan. That aside - you do have insurance - that's what it's for.

mrbb

well this sucks for sure, and sorry your encountering a loss like this<br><br> I really think there is a major problem with laws anymore<br> so few that get caught doing crimes anymore, get even a fraction of the official time and punishment that they should<br> which in turn IMO< is making criminals get away with far too much and they know it!<br><br> they have lost the fear of real punishment<br><br> and also blame a lot of parents for NOT raising there kids right, to have respect for others property<br><br> I have said it before and will say it again<br> I MISS the days when parents used REAL discipline to teach there kids lessons they will just never learn ANY other way!<br><br> I also miss the days when some back wood justice took place to help resolve and keep away like crimes!<br><br>call me what ever<br> but I do think some of that stuff solved and prevented a lot of folks from going down the wrong roads, or FURTHER down them!<br><br><br> law makers and officials need to stand there ground on punishments, its its a 5 yrs sentence they should be serving ALL 5 yrs and so on, not out ina  few weeks or nothing at all in some BS plea bargaining they do WAY too often<br><br> <br><br><br><br>

mrbb

Ill add this just in case anyone wonders what I mean

last MAY or so I was having a person stealing mail in my town
local cops didnl;t want to be bothered too much,as the person was stealing when they were off duty(cops only duty here from 7 am till 11 pm, and imagine that<> crimes seem to happen after them hours?? guess no one can figure out why??)

SO I took it on a task to try and catch the person/persons

I set up camera's and did a week worth of getting evidence on the persons, placed out dummy packages and all

had video and pictures of 3 folks in a vehicle every morning going into everyone mail boxes on my street
after having lots of PROOF, I went back to local cops, and again they were not too interested , so I stated I would do a citizens arrest and have state police come and get credit for arrest!
at this point they wanted in< Gave them 3 days to act or was going over there heads
had them set up a sting in my drive way they sat, they used a 20 dollar bill, I added priority mail,. due to wanted things to be a FEDERAL CRIME< with REAL punishment!
as EVERYONE KNOWS< stealing mail is feudal crime RIGHT?? they preach this on TV and at post offices!

the persons took the bait, and cops stopped them

here is where it gets BAD

Local cops, CLAIM they could ONLY charge the driver of the vehicle, and NOT the other two people in the vehicle, who she was caught on camera GIVING packages to!

as seems the other people in vehicle CLAIMED they didn;t know she was stealing things out of mail boxes??(REALLY??)
what was driver doing stopping at mail boxes every day at 3 am with them then??

BUT OK
SO< things go to court, they do NOT got to federal court, due to well, according to District attorney and the Post office general(who I called and complained to about and questioned why??)
, it is NOT a FEDERAL crime to steal mail, unless it crosses some imaginary line on VALUE stolen, and they DON"T have a set number, they use there discretion at will apparently and no set rules on what requirements on this either!

so if someone steals your mail and steals your identity, don't expect the federal laws to help you unless you have really GOOD connections to someone important enough to get them to do so!

NEXT
while she was going thru the legal system, she entered into a plea bargain deal, where she was ONLY going to pay a small fine(less than what she was known to have stolen)
which they were GOING to give her, BUT due to huge delays in cases with corona crap, her case didn't get settled till late Oct , which by then
she was also arrested 2 more times for stealing
in two different local towns (different county's, remember this)

so when her case came back to court they granted her the lighter sentence, a small fine and she was free to go
this after again stealing peoples mail and packages!

two passengers got charged with NOTHING!

BUT at trial, cop that made arrest spoke up and gave judge info on her other arrest and they canceled her plea deal to a different deal
SO
NEXT<
due to the pending thief cases, they gave her an added 6 months probation!
still NO jail time, at all here , not even an hour from the time arrested to now, ZIP zero jail time for stealing mail and she admitted she was doing so for MONTHS.

when I got the letter with case outcome from DA< I called and complained,'
asking WHY she never got jail time, and they said due to the crime wasn't that BIG a deal, and she had no other BIG charges on her record!

I said, well she was also arrested 2 more times while waiting for this case to be settled
and JUDGE KNEW IT!
so again WHY no jail time
and was told due to other cases were NOT resolved yet< REALLY
so they had NO bearing on outcome of this case

I then asked HOW and WHY the other two folks in vehicle were NOT arrested for same crime as they were in vehicle every day and seen handling stolen property from mail boxes
and again was told they CLAIMED they didn;t know was stolen and as such, NOT charged!

the person that was convicted on things, is still FREE NO jail time and due to NOT working(but collecting unemployment)
she doesn;t have to pay anyone back they she stole from them,(several folks claimed exact figures on values she stole in court and are told SOME DAY they will get paid back by HER)
but untill she MAYBE gets a job! that won't happen!

SOME< you take an example like this
and I gather many criminals will claim, crime DOES PAY or is worth the risks
as what real punishments did this person get or there companions that also were stealing with her

and this was on a SO called FEDERAL CRIME, which again isn't unless they WANT to go that way on some made up imaginary number they can use at will
other wise its a small local crime and goes into your county's legal system!

its crap like this that isn;t scaring anyone from doing crimes anymore IMO!

punishments are weak and deter only honest folks! who ain;'t stealing in the first place!
BS, bring back stricter punishments that get followed thru !

Last edited:

ezra

There is a reason there are a ton of cops at hey days to help you run numbers on sleds motors and chassis if you ask . They have acctualy popped a few guys there . And find a lot of missing parts

800etec

Sorry about this Kip,the dirtball will get tracked down!

- - - Updated - - -

I like MRBBs way of thinkin............

eyeman

Just curious.&nbsp; Don't sleds need to be registered in all states.&nbsp; If so, could the DNR's be notified with the VIN?&nbsp; Seems too simple to track legitimate registrations vs stolen.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I get it, chop shops, but what about the incredibly stupid.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br><br>