Answering Questions

L

lenny

I think the point of adding the smiley after a comment that could be considered disrespectful, is to show the intent was not disrespect, but more likely sarcastic humor. Everybody has a different sense of humor, and some people are more sensitive than others. The smiley is what designates your intent. I was born and raised on the east coast, and busting your friends chops is something that is bread into you from birth. Usually the nastier the comment, the more you truly respect the person. I have found people in the Midwest are MUCH more sensitive to this type of humor, and I make a conscious effort to tame it down a bit, but sometimes you just can't teach an old dog new tricks. That's just the way we roll.:)

there may be more than one way to look at this. I often see rude and disrespectful comments followed by a smiley to try an make light of a heavy attitude. Kinda like giving your self permission to say anything you like and than take the severity away by a :). It's bogus and childish practice.

Like you implied, it does show intent, just not an accurate picture.

doospunk

Happy place

The price is wrong ##### ..............Be Happy and go to yer home................. lol. Man I love that flick!

Attachments

• happy place2.jpg
    happy place2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
  • happy place.jpg
    happy place.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 5

indy_500

I will still be top poster in my heart :(
sad_face.jpg

xsledder

If I just turned 16 and just got my drivers license, the last thing I would care about is being the top poster. ****, I wouldn't even care about johndee.com.

doospunk

I have no problems with smiley faces, I use them myself! :)

I just think it is wrong when someone says something disrespectful and thinks they can get away with it with a smiley face. That to me is wrong and childish.

-John

Agreed John! Kinda like Indy's comments on other manufacturers sleds!! Not trying to pick on you Indy, but enough of the pokes at the Cat lineup already.

indy_500

Agreed John! Kinda like Indy's comments on other manufacturers sleds!! Not trying to pick on you Indy, but enough of the pokes at the Cat lineup already.

but....doood.....it..s....................u................c.......k.....s...(insert smiley face)