Any 2 wheeled off roaders looking forward to spring

fatdaddy

Ahh, those were the days, now I have kids and don't get up there anymore. We have a cabin in Presque Isle and fish a little there but not much. Kids are into tubing, dirt bikes and sledding, wifes still into shopping LOL. I'm really pumped after reading all this stuff, brings back good times and makes me want to make more. Looking forward to riding with you guys and sharing some good stories.

fatdaddy

Neil,

How did you like knobby Ridge, I live in MPLS and I believe Knobby is only about 2-3 hours from me. My son and I use to ride Arkansas but got tired of the same thing, looking to venture out. We like Nemadji state forest and St Croix state forest.

fish633

Knobby is tight single track for the most part.There are different loops of varying difficulty.Mostly 1-2 gear stuff picking the way through the woods.
I think this is the longest thread yet about dirt bikes on this sight.Good to see we need more two wheel enthusiasts to visit the area it is so overlooked as far as a quality riding area one can't imagine.
Will anyone else be joining in on the 23rd?It would also be nice to know if an atv will be in the mix to carry some extra fuel if possible.This would make route planning easier

fatdaddy

I'm in at this point, I have an ATV and dirt bikes, I can't bring both on my trailer, I thought I would ride the bikes. Is there no stops along the way, just in case we have any troubles. I positive my sons TTR 110 can ride all year on 1 gallon of gas, that litter bugger just sips gas. I also don't want to drag the group down bringing my son so if the faster guys want to meet me some place for lunch or a break I'm cool with that.

zert2rev

If anybody out there is looking for a Bike I got a 86 Honda XR600R for sale that has about 750 miles on it that I bought off a old timer that didn't ride much.
It still has the same front tire that came with the bike but I changed out the rear because it was so weather checked but looked new.
Hit me with a E-mail at meast1@charter.net
asking $2000

ranlam

fatdaddy ... dont worry about speed we will wait at spots, just like snomobiling with a group. There will be one or two mudholes that the ttr may have trouble with. But there will be plenty of room to go around.

zert2rev...send me some pics. if you can.

skip_schulz

Randy,

Been away from the computer. I'm in Jackson, WY with the MASTERS Circuit Drivers at the World Championship Hillclimb.

The CR and CE are Roads. We just signed them and put them on the Mi-TRALE map to give people connection to Bond Falls and to the Paulding Light.

I highly doubt anyone could pull off the CP2R Award in 3 days. Dan, hemicoupe, did it in 5 days and you can read how long those rides were on the Mi-TRALE website.

You wouldn't be able to sit for weeks if you tried all the Mi-TRALE trails one has to ride to get the CP2R Award by riding them in 3 days.

Yea...that would be a record...

ranlam

Good question. John Dee is the only discussion forum I have been on until recently I got on Thumpertalk. If you find a good one let me know. Otherwise I'll just stay in the ATV forum on this site.

fatdaddy

ok guys slight problem, I got the CRF 450X out of storage and the steering colum is very firm to turn. Do you guys think water got in there when I washed it last fall, Do you think it needs to be taken apart and redone. May 23rd seems so far away, its killing me

fatdaddy

ok guys slight problem, I got the CRF 450X out of storage and the steering colum is very firm to turn. Do you guys think water got in there when I washed it last fall, Do you think it needs to be taken apart and redone. May 23rd seems so far away, its killing me

ranlam

fatdaddy....try thumpertalk.com they have specific bike related forums where you can ask your mechanical questions. Hope you get an answer.

sledhd1

if its hard to turn its the kneck bearings have you ever greased them since you owned it? if not they are dry.Depending on how bad they are you could clean them up and regrease. I did this to a cr250 and rode it for 4 years no problem. I would also tell you to do the suspension linkage and swing arm bearings. they just dont come with a lot of grease from the factory I have been racing off road motorcycles since 1977 greaseing these components once a year is good practice if you ever have to replace the swing arm bearings and linkage it could cost $400.00 but if thats the case buy a aftermarket Pivot Works Kit more price friendly.

neil

Fatdaddy

Like fish said, knobby is mostly pretty tight single track, although there is nothing there as difficult as the harder stuff at Nemadji, or the technical single track at arkansaw.
I usually only make the trek to knobby late in the season, since it's open during Mn deer season.

I won't be able to make it up to the UP for the upcoming ride, hopefully sometime this summer.

If you or anyone else ever wants to meet at Nemadji let me know. My son and I like the singletrack and mixing it up on the faster trails

Neil