Any 2 wheeled off roaders looking forward to spring

fish633

I can go about 60 or so miles between fillups on the kdx.kx is a little more thirsty but I really don't plan on riding it.Of course that is all relative to how fast we are riding.I am really looking forward to it also.

ranlam

Went for a nice ride today. Fatdaddy and his son were awesome to ride with. Rode from White Pine to Bergland and back, trail was great with some insane mud-holes. Temp was around 40 degrees with 20-30 mph winds so the hands got a little cold but it was well worth it. Thanks Fatdaddy for coming UP. Can't wait till next Saturday!

ranlam

Here is a pic:
110199.jpg

fish633

Ranlam
finished up gps ing the routes lokks to be about 135 miles round trip is that close to what you came up with?
fuel available in bergland,bruce crossing,sidnaw?
mass city.That should be more than enough don't you think?

ybuy

ranlam....Any chance you could ride on Sunday or Monday. I can't make it on Saturday.

I wish I could.

sledhd1

Ranlam will the trails be free flowing or tight and twisty.I dont care but I have friend who might like to go and is limited physically

ranlam

fish...thats real close to what i figured. I'm not sure if there is gas in Sidnaw? Prolly fill up in Bruce Crossing and stretch that to Mass. If you can make 60 miles we should be alright.

sledhd1... trails are tight and twisty then we have some roads and RR grade to follow. The trails can be challenging because of rocks and mud. The little TTR 110 above went through it all with no problems, I was impressed.

nytro_rtx

fatdaddy, looks & sounds like you guys had a great time. hope your son had fun on the ride. hopefully we can get a weekend when we can all come up and ride before the summer is over.

sledhd1 bring your buddy up he will have a good time.

fish, that sounds like the perfect amount of miles for a good day ride. gas won't be a problem with the route we're taking.

BRING ON THE WEEKEND
see everyone then.
nytro

fatdaddy

Big thanks to Ranlam, He was a great host and guide. We had an awesome time. Lots of trail variations from mud to ditch riding to nice logging roads. I would love to do that trip again and head over to rockland. Ranlam, my son never took off his new Konteka sweatshirt all weekend in fact he's wearing to school this morning. :0) My wife said she would like to go and take the ATV so We'll just have to keep posting and find a time that works for everyone. You guys are gonna have a great time.

sledhd1

Fatdaddy my friends that live across the street from me down here have the place that we stay at its a very very short walk to Papoose Rd. My wife grew up with the Lady across the street they have been friends for 35 plus years. we would like to hook up some time with you but you will not be around this weekend.

fatdaddy

Sledhd1,

thats awesome, we've had our place for about 37 years. we are on the south side of Papoose and I'll keep posting so we can find time to ride. Had a great time last weekend, I really enjoy getting away with my son and sharing the northwoods with him. I look forward to riding with all you guys weather its snow or dirt.

sledhd1

Ranlam and Nytro its gone from just me to my friend and his two sons plus my daughter and possibly my son riding in the rhino. I can not wait till Saturday it should be a blast. And I want to say thanks to Ranlam in advance for inviteing us to say I am stoked up is under statement.

sledhd1

Fatdaddy we will hook up hopefully this fall. I go to Tomahawk a lot been going there since 1969 my grandparents had a place on lake Nokomis then they sold it to there son/my favorite Uncle so like you I have seen the north woods for many years

nytro_rtx

sledhd, sounds good to me, more riders equals more fun. what's everyone riding in your group other than the rhino? the weather looks like it's going to be awesome too and i am realy stoked about the ride also, my first u.p. ride of the year. i think we should try to pull out as close to 10:00am est. as possible.

fish you still going to make it for the ride?

this will be an AWESOME day!!!!

nytro