Breaking in a new Sled with a Can?

Zacl216

I have a new Polaris Pro Rmk 800 155“ and was wondering what your guys thoughts are on breaking in a Sled with a aftermarket can? Debating on doing it or not!

snobuilder

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-5-compressor.gif

thebreeze

Id run stock for a few rides just to get some carbon and oil residue in there in case you need to take it in for a blown motor and need to put it back to stock. Then you have no worries about polaris industrues noticing that the muffler wasn't being run on the sled. Other than that angle, whatever, run it. It will not affect break in.

brad460

I recommend aiming it towards a big tree, tape the throttle wide open on a jackstand for 10 minutes, and then drop the back end on the ground....make sure your not on it though..

In the end it will be better for everyone..

Lost Sheep

I recommend aiming it towards a big tree, tape the throttle wide open on a jackstand for 10 minutes, and then drop the back end on the ground....make sure your not on it though..

In the end it will be better for everyone..

Hope he aims it at the tree your hugging!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good Idea!!! The more noise you make in the woods will scare off the deer and then your insurance premiums will be lower. Plus they go so much faster in the parking lots!!!

slimcake

Loud cans spoil trails. I agree. They also loose performance so anyone that knows anything won't run one. I did LOL at your comment about the "aim at the tree" lol...

C

Cirrus_Driver

Love it....LOL
(the last)

Attachments

• tumblr_mx9us2lRL21rpncwuo1_500.gif
    tumblr_mx9us2lRL21rpncwuo1_500.gif
    782.2 KB · Views: 37

jedoyle

I know there are some loud cans out there but I just want to
point out that not every aftermarket can is “loud”. I put one on my Polaris sled to save weight and room and it is a trail version. I actually can get on my chain tension adjuster without pulling the exhaust every time. Just want to point this out. Aftermarket doesn’t necessarily mean loud.

sweeperguy

point out that not every aftermarket can is “loud”. I put one on my Polaris sled to save weight and room and it is a trail version. I actually can get on my chain tension adjuster without pulling the exhaust every time. Just want to point this out. Aftermarket doesn’t necessarily mean loud.

That's why I would put a trail can on mine. The room to adjust chain and get the battery in and out without removing exhaust.
I read that the trail cans are very close in db to oem exhaust but tend to have a lower tone.

ezra

I know because only an idiot is concerned about loud cans closing our trails!? Dumb azz..

closing your trails on his RMK!? you dip chit
lets all over react now bunch of old lady's jumping on the band wagon

- - - Updated - - -

now now that is not how you jump on the self rictus band wagon

brad460

closing your trails on his RMK!? you dip chit
lets all over react now bunch of old lady's jumping on the band wagon

- - - Updated - - -

now now that is not how you jump on the self rictus band wagon

Yeah because no one ever rode an RMK on the trails....Do you even ride?

ezra

Yeah because no one ever rode an RMK on the trails....Do you even ride?

no I don't ride could you give me a lesson onERA 2014 Silencing Technology and SAE J-2567 stationary sound test ?
do you have a clue or just looking for a seat on the Selfrighteous band wagon ?