Carter's Corner.....

jd

Administrator
Staff member
My guess would be either AC or Polaris is shooting some marketing material.

I can remember seeing a heli there in December in previous years and that is what it turned out to be.

Hopefully not search and rescue, but I would imagine they would keep that at the airport in the valley. Less chance of it getting grounded by weather than up on the mountain.

Wouldn't it be nice to fly in there via heli from the Midwest?!

-John

skeedoo

My guess would be either AC or Polaris is shooting some marketing material.

I can remember seeing a heli there in December in previous years and that is what it turned out to be.

Hopefully not search and rescue, but I would imagine they would keep that at the airport in the valley. Less chance of it getting grounded by weather than up on the mountain.

Wouldn't it be nice to fly in there via heli from the Midwest?!

-John

Yep John thats probably it. I know that when I was there sunday they said Arctic Cat was showing up Monday for photo shoots, testing and that kind of stuff. Looks like the clouds/snow hasn't left since I was there... It was pretty dark then.

carter

Carter Sez.....

Yes, it was Arctic Cat doing a shoot. I was up there for the week and could not get to a computer. So,......while I was there it snowed. About 3 ft. Conditions are so good right now that its hard to explain. Its cloudy and overcast most of the time due to constant snowing but thats a good thing. Sat. I rode in 3 plus feet of Wyoming dry powder. WOW!!!!! So we have winter. All the willows in muscrate flats are gone or covered, all the willows in Split Rock are gone. For those that don't know names of areas ask but you get the Idea. Not rubbing it in just stating facts and conditions. Merry Christmas to all have a great riding year wherever you are and I'll talk again tomorrow. Supposed to be getting 12 in and 70 mph winds, stay tuned.....

tim_h

11 days and counting DOWN !!!Going to the UP to "break in" my wifes new 146 e-tec on friday then it off to TOG on the 26th.... Just can't get there soon enough !

carter

Carter Sez.....

What a suprise to pull into the Tog. lot and find 10 in. of snow. A little sun but mostly cloudy. Festus had his mojo working today. Just when you think it can't get better.....boy is there powder here...............

snoclo

9 more days, and not really enough snow here to get shakedown runs in before then.
Oh well, we'll deal with it.
Let it snow!
Carter, heard anything from Doug ee, or are the plows keeping him close to home.

Firecatguy

9 more days, and not really enough snow here to get shakedown runs in before then.
Oh well, we'll deal with it.
Let it snow!
Carter, heard anything from Doug ee, or are the plows keeping him close to home.

Doug there....been there few weeks now we rode with him nov 30th

carter

Carter Sez.....

Allen, Doug has been here 10 days so far in Dec. Last day is today for a while. He's chasing the powder this year. And that we have. Work the bugs out here. High pressure now. Snow starts Sun. again with no end in sight. Did my first muscrat flats run yesterday. Willows covered in Dec. WOW....we have the snow.....

whiteout

Snoclo. I m trying to get the 800 e tec broke in before we go. Going to ride tuesday afternoon and again thursday morning. Last thursdays ride didn't go so well. I hope carter saves some pow for us.

carter

Carter Sez.....

I will not save any powder for anybody....I'm going to ride it all. Problem is I can't...so much right now that its ground hog day every day....I go to the same weadow every day and the tracks are gone. how am I ever going to ride it all before you get here....You all know I'm just teasing.... really, it won't stop snowing. There are so many of my hiddy holes I can't get to cuz its so deep and so much, not to worry....Snowing now and expected to get 5 in. in town MERRY CHRISTMAS every one!!!!

jmom800x

We will be heading out to help Carter in tracking up all the new years powder at Togwotee.
Join us for a ride out west to plow the epic early season powder.
Departing from Michigan and picking up riders along the way. Check in January 5th and Check out on the 9th. That is five days to blast the hills and meadows of the Togwotee area.
Email MOMSMOTORSPORTS@HOTMAIL.COM with questions or for more information about heading out to Togwotee. We also have a trip planned for hill climb week to Togwotee.

polarisrider1

I'm in for Jan at Togwotee, Could not wait for Cooke, so that makes 4 trips....:D

There you go using up all your vacation time! Can you get the time off between Tog. and Cooke? Rick can drop you off at the Snowies with me, and pick us up on the way to Cooke? that would be like 9 more days of vacation off between the 2 trips. I am in if you are. I am sure when I get home the wife will have sold the house and moved on, but it is a risk I am willing to take! lol