Cool stuff you purchased please share!

polarisrider1

Well I had to go and buy something so I can post it. Bought a Reese type hitch for my wifes motorcyclefrom a guy in Manitoba, Canada. He custom makes them for Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT's. Then 8 bought her an all aluminum trailer from a guy in Georgia is she can haul the dogs around in it. 3 compartments, 2 for the dogs, 1 for clothes or groceries. It is painted to match the bike. Also has a cooler on the front and a cover. The hitch instructions are in english but with no pictures,so it may take awhile to install. File is to large for phone to show pics..

T

Team Elkhorn

Bought a nos 1974 vintage ten speed bicycle off Craigslist. It was still in the box. Put it together last weekend, needed new tires,(cracked and dry). Wife says no more bikes or she gets another dog. :(

jr37

This is my latest, and probably my favorite in the shop. I've owned this for about 20 years, it has always been in my dads shop. I finally got around to getting it hung up in my shop, and I love it. I was born and raised on Scorpions, and there has always been Scorpions in the family. This is the dealership sign from the dealer that my dad bought his sleds from when I was just a kid. After a few years of bugging the lady that owned it, I must have got her on a good day. I have no idea what it is worth, but I think it was one of the best $100 I have spent on anything sled related.

Hopefully by the end of summer I will be caught up enough on my projects that I can get dads Scorpion Sidewinder, and start it's long awaited restoration. (That sled is another story, for a different day)

Attachments

• DSC01468.jpg
    DSC01468.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01469.jpg
    DSC01469.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 113

indy_500

This is my latest, and probably my favorite in the shop. I've owned this for about 20 years, it has always been in my dads shop. I finally got around to getting it hung up in my shop, and I love it. I was born and raised on Scorpions, and there has always been Scorpions in the family. This is the dealership sign from the dealer that my dad bought his sleds from when I was just a kid. After a few years of bugging the lady that owned it, I must have got her on a good day. I have no idea what it is worth, but I think it was one of the best $100 I have spent on anything sled related.

Hopefully by the end of summer I will be caught up enough on my projects that I can get dads Scorpion Sidewinder, and start it's long awaited restoration. (That sled is another story, for a different day)

That thing is Sweet! I'll give you $200 (no really) :)

snow_monkey

Lookie like a sweet man cave.

snow_monkey

I am big on cool storage ideas for the garage. I purchased a blitz store and pour dog food dispenser. The dispenser mounts on the wall of you garage and can hold up to 40 lbs of dog food. There is a pull lever at the bottom that allows the food to flow into the dog dish. Everything was fine and I love this product until the racoons figured out how to pull the lever. Now I use it for oil dry for the garage floor and another for kitty litter!!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, I'll play along.

JR,
That's great looking sign! Early to mid 70's for sure and lighted as well. That's a real treasure!

I've been doing my part to spur on the economy but apparently it's not working. A guy could go broke trying to feed all them Chinese that make things today. Do you remember when the politicians told us how great this Global Economy was going to be for us? "Ya Right".

Well, here's some pics of my efforts to do my part. That yellow thing on my workbench is a new style anchor that I found in Overton's Catalogue. It's smaller than a standard Fluke style but has a larger bite. I haven't used it yet but the reviews of current owners is positive. This one is rated for boats between 20 & 30 feet. Made in the USA.

Back in March my 10 year old Ford Truck began to nickle and dime me. A dealer offered me the high end of the KBB for a trade and I ended up with the Toyota pictured below.

Now before you start throwing bricks and pointed sticks at me for not buying American, I test drove the Ford & GM products first, they just couldn't compare with the Toyota for ride, fit & finish, performance, etc. The domestics build the best "big trucks"on the planet I.M.O. but I didn't need a big truck, so I ended up with the mid-size Tacoma. Assembled in the USA, Components from Planet Earth.

mrsrunningbear

Well this may not be to cool for you guys but I'm stoked :D I bought a neat old sieve for making Jam! Can't wait to use it!

Attachments

• sieve_2_good.jpg
    sieve_2_good.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 19

Dave_B

Woohoo! Are you going allow myself (Jen) and Lindsey to try it out this summer?! Your jam is SOOO good, we are down to our last jar & I'm making it last until we see you again! xoxo
Jen

Skidooski

The wife bought two adirondack chairs with the foot thingys. Took me two days to assemble and seal. She bought me a new 27 1/2" big azz Weber charcoal grill. Several trees for the yard that I planted for her. I make it, she spends it.

jbsugarbrown

mrsrunningbear,

I have the same old time jam sieve I bought last year at a garage sale! I'll use it sometime for jam, but it will probably get used first for making blackberry cordials! Yum on both accounts---Can't beat homemade jam or homemade cordials! I'm like you, when you find something fun like that it just gets you fired up even more for whatever you're going to use it for! Enjoy and nice find!

Last edited:

mjdeutsch

Moved into our new custome built house on our 22 acre lot in January, since then I have bought a 2007 3/4 ton suburban, JD skid loader, patio set, hot tub, new grill, and lots of other misc. house stuff oh yeah and I AC mini Z 120 "for the kids" LOL I really need a barn too, but.....

No Recession here in Indiana