Cool stuff you purchased please share!

wilson

...lofsfire, i got one of those lawnmowers, my neighbor bought it and must of thought that the quart of oil that came with it was a spare... his boy siezed it up, so he went and bought another one, he was going to just throw it out, so i got it and managed to free it up and running, i asked him if he wanted it back but he said to keep it

snow_monkey

thinking about pimped out rims for the wife's car. Her pool boy and yard man friends think so! All I need now is a pool and a yard. All I got was this hat.

Nice hat! Just sent in today for my repacement registration stickers lost in the last storm of the season. Gonna buy some new riding boots next week. And just a reminder summer sucks!!!!

polarisrider1

...lofsfire, i got one of those lawnmowers, my neighbor bought it and must of thought that the quart of oil that came with it was a spare... his boy siezed it up, so he went and bought another one, he was going to just throw it out, so i got it and managed to free it up and running, i asked him if he wanted it back but he said to keep it

Sweet, bought my lawn mower from the neighbor at his Garage sale. He thought he bought a "lemon". It is a 6HP Craftsman mulching mower. He said, "It doesn't work for ****". I bought it from him for $50, only a week old. He had the blade on upside down. Now he is eyeing my Ariens snow thrower. lol.

polarisrider1

Have the pool boy buy them! You are a dunce bobcat boy!

Lately, yes. Hung a new light fixture over the Island in the kitchen tonight. It replaced the out dated ceiling fan and pull chain light. Looks really nice, figured I would gain some" points" on the home front. Flipped the breaker on and all was well. Went to shut it off and realized this light has no wall switch. (Fan/light were pull chain) My house was built before electric apparently. Called an electrician, he will be here next tuesday. My whole day went like this.

snow_monkey

Lately, yes. Hung a new light fixture over the Island in the kitchen tonight. It replaced the out dated ceiling fan and pull chain light. Looks really nice, figured I would gain some" points" on the home front. Flipped the breaker on and all was well. Went to shut it off and realized this light has no wall switch. (Fan/light were pull chain) My house was built before electric apparently. Called an electrician, he will be here next tuesday. My whole day went like this.

Just run a string over to your favorite chair!!!

snow_monkey

I am going to play electrician today. Turned off breaker and most the kitchen went off, just got to pull a few wires and not wreck the drywall. I can run 220 or 221, whatever it takes. Lol

Great time to use that headlamp I was talking about. When in doubt I cut power to the whole house less chance for a zappy. Hey when your doing the repair and your wife comes by fake like your getting zapped, priceless!

Last edited:

lofsfire

I am going to play electrician today. Turned off breaker and most the kitchen went off, just got to pull a few wires and not wreck the drywall. I can run 220 or 221, whatever it takes. Lol

STOP! If you got this far you do not need an electrician. Go to HD or Lowes and get a fan remote, you can even get wall switch style "remotes".

All you need is your Hot and Neutral and of course the ground.

I've got four of these in my house.
Well just noticed the not so great reviews on Lowe's website. But I have had 0 problems with mine, although it did not like CFL bulbs but they make a CFL bulb compliant model if you want that. I have had them installed for 8 months now and my mom has 4 fans at her house with similar type units for 7 or 8 years now with no problems. So my guess is its some type of user error on the reviews behalf.

wilson said:

That's a good deal and beats what I paid!

polarisrider1

Lofsfire, to late. Wife went and bought 4 tiffany type lights for kitchen to replace ceiling fan and track lighting. Looks like electrician is eminent. I hung the 2 fans in my pole barn/man cave. Even used conduit. There will be drywall repair for sure in the kitchen. I suspect there are wires spliced in the wall without a junction box. Standard mistake throughout this 1865 Victorian house.

frnash

Lofsfire, to late. Wife went and bought 4 tiffany type lights for kitchen to replace ceiling fan and track lighting. Looks like electrician is eminent [sic]. I hung the 2 fans in my pole barn/man cave. Even used conduit. There will be drywall repair for sure in the kitchen. I suspect there are wires spliced in the wall without a junction box. Standard mistake throughout this 1865 Victorian house.

Sounds like you must have found a good electrician:

eminent
, adjective: (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation ("An eminent scholar")

(But of course I'm not picking on ya, PR1. :) )

polarisrider1

Sounds like you must have found a good electrician:

eminent
, adjective: (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation ("An eminent scholar")

(But of course I'm not picking on ya, PR1. :) )

Imminent. Droid phones like to spell for me. Nothing smart about these phones.

polarisrider1

Great time to use that headlamp I was talking about. When in doubt I cut power to the whole house less chance for a zappy. Hey when your doing the repair and your wife comes by fake like your getting zapped, priceless!

I could not get an electrician so I pulled wires myself through a ceiling that has 3 layers. each at different heights and cross bracing. Had 100 yr. old Bat poop raining down on the entire kitchen. Wife kept quite, apparently she wanted the lights real bad. They actually work to. The green tape is where I am patching drywall.

Attachments

• 2011-07-13_22-57-07_427 (Medium).jpg
    2011-07-13_22-57-07_427 (Medium).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

revman

A new car...

Bought the wife a 2011 Ford Explorer...Tuxedo Black...black leather...navigation...lots of cool stuff. She loves it...I love it...Pretty happy with the purchase. Gets around 23-24 mpg on the highway. Rides like a dream on the Taurus platform.

REVman

L

lenny

I got a Rockwell sonicrafter, genius idea whoever thought that tool up

L

lenny

Bought the wife a 2011 Ford Explorer...Tuxedo Black...black leather...navigation...lots of cool stuff. She loves it...I love it...Pretty happy with the purchase. Gets around 23-24 mpg on the highway. Rides like a dream on the Taurus platform.

REVman

I want one of tham also but it will be a while. I had one in 01 and it was a AWD with the 5.0, loved that ride

jr37

I don't think this counts, but I am borrowing a miter saw. I don't know why I don't own one of these. I am not sure if I am going to return it, I don't think my bro-in-law will miss it. I guess if he wants it back i am going to have to buy one myself. I am suprised at how handy it is.