Electric vehicle

whitedust

T

The same was said about the F 150 aluminum body when it was released. But outside/independent body shops were quick to adapt. My F 150 was the first one my choice of body shops worked on. He said no problems.
Mrbb right on with 150s rare to repair aluminum beds they replace but at least parts are available. No EVs coming to the shop no idea where bodies are repaired no parts currently available. May have to go to a specific repair shop and hope parts are available. Very very early in the EV ownership process lots of firsts to experience and that’s fine if consumers understand how unsupported the current market is and will be in foreseeable future. How many here refuse to purchase a first year snowmobile some say last year of old chassis best sled of that generation. Lol.

mrbb

And gas and diesel are cheap here compared to what the rest of the world has been paying for years and years.
and in some places its FREE in other parts of the world too, My sister served in a few spots where it was FREE to residents?

SO<?? this doesn;t mean crap IMO!

when something costs a 100% more, there should recently, it should be a RED flag as to Why suddenly it is that much higher, all the more so when it effects everyone where it went up!

and NOT being compared to what other countries have paid in the past!

But a question for you??
did there fuel go up a 100% in the first few months of the yr 2022?
do you know this or not??have the data??

if not
its a moot point to bring up! NO?
compare apples to apples!

G

G

My best friend owns a body shop. They haven't pounded out a fender for fifteen years. Aluminum or steel. New panels is all they do. Take off the bent stuff Bolt and glue together new panels Because you can't find traditional "body men" any more. Just like I can't find a meat cutter for my grocery store. Nobody is training for those two professions any more.

whitedust

My best friend owns a body shop. They haven't pounded out a fender for fifteen years. Aluminum or steel. New panels is all they do. Take off the bent stuff Bolt and glue together new panels Because you can't find traditional "body men" any more. Just like I can't find a meat cutter for my grocery store. Nobody is training for those two professions any more.
It’s all about the insurance companies in the metro areas no secret what has to be done to repair damage shop and insurance company haggle it out. So much for parts so much for labor all of it is computerized. Plenty of repair talent in metro areas. In rural areas good luck limited skilled labor for anything. You have to find your go to guys and hope they have staying power and don’t leave for higher pay more opportunities in metro areas.

mrbb

not in my area, body shops here go thru bondo like water down a drain, and they will even lie about it, heck my truck was in a dealer ship for rust warranty work, where they were supposed to replace whole panels with new one's
and they didn;t they tried covering things up with just new paint and didn;t do 1/2 the work they were supposed too, BUT they were caught b y me charging the warranty company for the full repair(5k in parts labor they never even did )
had I not been diligent and staying on top of them, I'd of got back old panels they tried to hide rust with, using bondo!
and had I NOT told the warranty company they didn;t do all the work that was supposed to have been done, they would have scammed the warranty company out of a 5 + grand!
lots of places will take the easiest route or the one they make the most profit over!, its rather common IMO
known dozens of body shop's also where they would get a insurance check for repairs, do lesser repairs and either give the owner some cash back, or split it with them, as in fixing damaged parts over replacing them with more costly and time involved new one's

BUT on Aluminum bodied vehicles, its a LOT harder to do so, as many times the body panels cannot be bondo'd back into shape
so repair costs can be higher, which I think gather was the point!

pclark

Kind of a stretch, eh. US inflation is at the lower end of World levels of inflation. And yes, Oil, Energy prices have been the major cause of Inflation Periods in the US for 45 plus years. just fact.
Makes me feel so much better after you explained it.

latner

Kind of a stretch, eh. US inflation is at the lower end of World levels of inflation. And yes, Oil, Energy prices have been the major cause of Inflation Periods in the US for 45 plus years. just fact.
All the graphs I've looked at show the US in the mid to upper end of inflation, not lower end.

harvest1121

Remember you can change the meaning of inflation if you want. Gas was $2.95 when other parties complained it was too high.

SledTL

In your view why did the Fed hike interest rates 3/4 point today?
Because there has never been a recession or downturn in the first place. Wrote a bunch of checks and loans 2 years ago to prop up business when many of them found ways to adapt and overcome. Was there struggle and hardships? Was it all peachy and easy? No, but if there was truly a bad economy cars wouldnt be over msrp, lines for $150K boats, etc. Sure certain areas and industries took a beating, but others are riding record profits.

whitedust

Yeah, well, if you want Trust this Fed to do what's right, go ahead. I don't. I've seen this show too many time in my years.
I didn’t say trust I just asked in your view why did the Fed push up interest rates 3/4 point? You seem to have lots of opinions so you should have been able to shoot your opinions off the cuff unless you don’t have one. just say idk. More honest than having to research the net for a point of view.

old abe

I didn’t say trust I just asked in your view why did the Fed push up interest rates 3/4 point? You seem to have lots of opinions so you should have been able to shoot your opinions off the cuff unless you don’t have one. just say idk. More honest than having to research the net for a point of view.
I stand by my statement. I seen the Fed try to harness Inflation too many times. Paul Volker, perhaps?

katden4

That article states its costing the average house an additional $500 a month over normal pricing. That's $6,000 a year. I have read other articles that state $9,000 a year, which is closer for me. This is for essentials, gas, food, clothes, heat, electric. That's a lot of cash, and this is only the direct funds from your account, meaning you don't even have a clue what the reckless spending this administration will cost us. Our future for taxes is so unpredictably scary I don't even want to think about it.