Factory Turbo Yamaha

srt20

998 triple 4s.

Looks like new chassis as well

Edit. Maybe it's still cat chassis,

Last edited:

snobuilder

Is that the YXZ motor with a fan? That'd make sense. bet the MSRP will be the downfall....Oh well, still 100+lbs. over the 2 strokes

ezra

998 triple 4s.

Looks like new chassis as well

still looks like a cat to me
the drag guys wont be happy if they loose the zuk takes 10X the cash to get real dependable power out of that 3cyl . not 250hp like 400hp . will make a sweet diamond pounder though

snobuilder

Maybe some chassis tweaks that wrap around this 998 fanner born as a cat yammy love child will be the bestest 600lb trail sled ever. I will stay open to it.

snobuilder

Noticed totallyamaha site is down right now.
Been down to me for 3 years...Tommy didn't like my POV of the "new" viper....LOL In hindsight...everything I posted was spot on!
I can pick up an unwanted viper for less than the Nytro closeout deals 4 years ago....LMAO!

Hoosier

Been down to me for 3 years...Tommy didn't like my POV of the "new" viper....LOL In hindsight...everything I posted was spot on!
I can pick up an unwanted viper for less than the Nytro closeout deals 4 years ago....LMAO!

Where at?

journeyman

Viper has never appealed to me, I like the Apex motor way more. The first year Vipers had more issues than the current from what I hear.

whitedust

Lots to learn yet about sidewinder have to wait til 5PM. Is this it or more to come turbo & non turbo? Hp? Suspension? TR or Japan mfg? I'll be riding today hope to come back to lots more info. :) Everything was removed from TY thinking John will be contacted too so take a good look while you can. :)

Attak man

still looks like a cat to me
the drag guys wont be happy if they loose the zuk takes 10X the cash to get real dependable power out of that 3cyl . not 250hp like 400hp . will make a sweet diamond pounder though

How do you know this already?? That's not the 1050...it's a new motor ..the 998 (in the sxs)...it hasn't even hit the snow, and the "experts" are mocking it...lol That 1100 zuki wasn't a great motor...it needed a turbo (with huge boost) to get out of it's own way....That being said..while I don't hate the Viper....I wasn't too impressed with the normal "cat like" glitches (the poorly programmed EFI, for example, which caused many cold/hot start issues)..that cat chassis wasn't built for a triple 4 stroke...they kinda shoe horned that motor in, and it seems to have a high center of gravity compared to the cat 800....so maybe this new motor with an updated chassis will work better. I may not have been a viper fan...(I'm an apex guy)...but I'm not against the Cat/Yamaha relationship...Cat always made good riding/good handling machines, and Yamaha builds excellent motors...if that rubs off on each other, that's good thing....I realize the cat purists will be loyal to Suzuki, and it's a tough pill for them to swallow seeing a tuning fork logo under their hoods...AND believe me...it's a tough pill for the apex lovers to not see a 100 percent Yamaha...Cat "quality"..doesn't sit well with many people...yeah it's better, but they still aren't there yet.

One more thing...Performance matters to Cat ( and always has)....and that will benefit both green, and blue riders. Cat will not get conservative like Yamaha does...if they say, "it will be fast"...it will be.

So why don't you guys chill out, and see what comes down the pipeline later today...maybe there is more to come??

groomerdriver

I'm more about ride quality and ergo's. The rear skid looks different and I asked if anybody had seen a rail (look at the back of the rail) that looks like the picture. I see a hose down there too....could be a cable or something as well. There's what looks to be a rod or something in the tunnel/skid......goes from 10 to 4 on a clock. There's a black decorative "plate" on the tunnel in the same area.

But then the thread got locked and pulled.....

Last edited:

Attak man

I'm more about ride quality and ergo's. The rear skid looks different and I asked if anybody had seen a rail (look at the back of the rail) that looks like the picture. I see a hose down there too....could be a cable or something as well. There's what looks to be a rod or something in the skid......goes from 10 to 4 on a clock. There's a black decorative "plate" on the tunnel in the same area.

But then the thread got locked and pulled.....

Yep...saw that too...fox was touting new remote adjust shocks coming out, (last fall)....has me wondering what's up with the new skid