Half year DOO

russholio

Okay, I just gotta chime in......I'm a Doo guy and a 4s one at that. The 1200 is an awesome engine and IMHO quite underrated. But to say Doo dominates that market....well, that's a pretty bold statement.

dothedoo

Dominate as in makes the best, not makes the most.

Although, one sno mo rag stated Doo stated they sold the most 4 tokes too a couple years ago. Wouldn't surprise me...competition is pretty light in that segment.

And by light, I don't mean don't weigh alot.

xc500mod

it looks like the Axys RMK is coming next year. it will have the new 800 engine and weight under 400lbs! they are pushing the "market leader" again. or should i say pushed them out of the way.

ezra

Although, one sno mo rag stated Doo stated they sold the most 4 tokes too a couple years ago. Wouldn't surprise me...competition is pretty light in that segment.

what criteria are u using to judge them the best?

L

lenny

I'm gonna try a different approach here and see if we can get some where. One of the few things I retained from high school is the difference between objective and subjective statements. When you state Doo makes the best trail sleds you have to agree with me that this is your perspective and is subjective
to personal experiences and or other biases,,,,correct?

I doubt you pulled a motor from both and exposed them to identical pressures and observed there reactions? Same with bearing, shocks, electronics,,,etc.

There really is no way for the average Joe to determine which sled is the best because there are so many variables that for the most part are un-testable in a scientific way.

Just curious how one can state it is the best and feel like that is a intelligent statement.

My good friend Keith is a Chevy nut and his wife rags on me about my Dodges. She cannot even change oil or understand what a crankshaft yet she demands her vehicle is the best. I'm just trying to understand this logic without arguing anymore so please help me to understand this.

Hoosier

I think I finally remember why I never could stand Doo's, no matter how good their sleds are. It's their riders! Give it a break - ride what you like. If you want to sit in a circle and tell each other how awesome you are , there's a special forum just for you at hardcoresledder.com

dothedoo

what criteria are u using to judge them the best?

Just curious how one can state it is the best and feel like that is a intelligent statement.

Simply based on the countless testimonials I've read from those that used to ride other brand's 4 strokes. After reading a few hundred of those, with no contrary opinions, a guy starts to be sure of stuff.

L

lenny

Simply based on the countless testimonials I've read from those that used to ride other brand's 4 strokes. After reading a few hundred of those, with no contrary opinions, a guy starts to be sure of stuff.

I wonder why you dodge the question. Here it is again for you dothedoo, is your opinion subjective or objective. This is not a tough question, please answer?

dothedoo

I think I finally remember why I never could stand Doo's, no matter how good their sleds are. It's their riders! Give it a break - ride what you like. If you want to sit in a circle and tell each other how awesome you are , there's a special forum just for you at hardcoresledder.com

And you're trolling a mid year Doo release thread telling us how much you don't like Doo because???

bearrassler

Well it looks like Doo dominates the four stroke market, is the market share leader in the mountain market, has the best 800 by far, and is sold out for the year already. Things are going great for them, funny thing, I just checked the stock price and it is 22.84 Canadian, well off the 52 week high and very close to the 52 week low. Their sales are up some but about 60% of that is due to the weaker Canadian dollar. I also saw that their sales are less than Polaris's. How can that be?

ezra

so are they the fastest umm deff not
most reliable deff debatable
best fr suspension umm deff not
best rear suspension prob
best track ?
best wind protection ?
best mpg
strongest chassis deff far from it
oh no some guy just spent 13k on a new toy and now likes his new toy better than the one he had last yr that he had for a yr or 2 . fing shocking a guy likes his new shiny toy.
yeah I do have a new doo in my garage not a top of the line one but In am deff not heading out at night to rub one out on the seat because I am so proud that brand sells the most.

Hoosier

And you're trolling a mid year Doo release thread telling us how much you don't like Doo because???

Most of the time there is good information to be learned here, regardless of brand. Most that post on this site often provide fairly objective info, and most know a ton more than me. I'd say Poo is the most popular on this site, but those guys recognize they've had issues, same with Yamaha and Cat, and even some of the Doo guys. Of course there's some healthy brand-bashing and arguing, but no one needs to deal with the pom-poms post after post.

russholio

Still a bold statement. You may not like Yammi but I don't know how anybody could dispute that they make a fine engine. Better than Doo's 1200? Not as good? Who knows? Like Lenny said, in the absence of lots of testing and technical data, it's subjective at best.

ezra

but U are forgetting about that guy over at doo talk who likes his 1200 better than his 07 apex
news flash for every one I like the 14M8000 I have now better than 09rmk I had . so it is settled the M8000 is the best sled ever made in the history of snowmobiles. watch when I jump up to wave my pom poms u can see my green thong

On Dootalk? Where there is no bias whatsoever.

so are they the fastest umm deff not
most reliable deff debatable
best fr suspension umm deff not
best rear suspension prob
best track ?
best wind protection ?
best mpg
strongest chassis deff far from it
oh no some guy just spent 13k on a new toy and now likes his new toy better than the one he had last yr that he had for a yr or 2 . fing shocking a guy likes his new shiny toy.
yeah I do have a new doo in my garage not a top of the line one but In am deff not heading out at night to rub one out on the seat because I am so proud that brand sells the most.

I spit my beer all over the computer on that one!!!

switch07

this thread is going no where.......quickly.

Actually, I'm kind of enjoying watching people continue to dig themselves in a hole with their "non biased opinions ". Also, I like my new Vipers way more than my Poo Rushes, so they must be the best, right?

L

lenny

he's probably recovering from the brain freeze when asked a tough question, maybe sleeping it off

Hoosier

Actually, I'm kind of enjoying watching people continue to dig themselves in a hole with their "non biased opinions ". Also, I like my new Vipers way more than my Poo Rushes, so they must be the best, right?

No - it's not a Doo. I don't think you're getting this.

shelby369

I am biased...... what I think is always correct (haha) I am a cat guy and bleed green and always will...... does that mean poo,doo, or yami stink ?? nope !!....whatever floats your boat is probably the best thing in your mind....some guys like big tatas and some guys like small tatas, does that mean guys don't like tatas ??? get out and ride what you love, pimp your buddies on their ride and have fun, be safe,

This message brought to you by "team green"