Half year DOO

momoney2123

I am biased...... what I think is always correct (haha) I am a cat guy and bleed green and always will...... does that mean poo,doo, or yami stink ?? nope !!....whatever floats your boat is probably the best thing in your mind....some guys like big tatas and some guys like small tatas, does that mean guys don't like tatas ??? get out and ride what you love, pimp your buddies on their ride and have fun, be safe,

This message brought to you by "team green"

lol tatas? Team Yellow says Its all about da base......:eek: images-125.jpeg

Last edited:
To get a little bit back on topic Skidoo came out with a sled that costs almost 15k. I don't care who makes the best sled I will never pay that much for a sled. If this is the new trend looks like I'll be riding my 2010 for along time. I know its a very specialized sled but its makes buying a 100k boat look like a good idea.

momoney2123

To get a little bit back on topic Skidoo came out with a sled that costs almost 15k. I don't care who makes the best sled I will never pay that much for a sled. If this is the new trend looks like I'll be riding my 2010 for along time. I know its a very specialized sled but its makes buying a 100k boat look like a good idea.

The iron dog is 13,999 MSRP. a 1 of 300 sled. Most top of the line models go for 10k-13k for doo. That seems like where the other 3 are at as well. minus the cat turbo thats over 16? Ya gota pay if you wana play. But thats why they also make the sport, sp, and tnt models. they can b ehad for 10 or less.

dothedoo

he's probably recovering from the brain freeze when asked a tough question, maybe sleeping it off

Ha Ha...what was your tough question again? I'm assuming it was something not related to the factual data I suggested as the basis of my pov, so you wouldn't have to actually address the powerful evidence that supported my pov.

lol

ezra

so by your criteria the Toyota Camry is the best car ever built and every one who is not driving one is just foolish?

D

Deleted member 10829

I know everyone likes to rip magazine opinions, but read the latest Snow Goer magazine. They tested the 600 short tracks from Poo and Doo and compared engine, front suspension, rear suspension and ergonomics. After switching with 3 Doo guys this week, and getting plenty of time on the Doo, I think the article is spot on. The only edge Doo was given was on fit and finish.

momoney2123

I know everyone likes to rip magazine opinions, but read the latest Snow Goer magazine. They tested the 600 short tracks from Poo and Doo and compared engine, front suspension, rear suspension and ergonomics. After switching with 3 Doo guys this week, and getting plenty of time on the Doo, I think the article is spot on. The only edge Doo was given was on fit and finish.

I didnt get enough riding time to say the pro-s switchback was better or worse riding than the renegade X. It was a nice ride. I felt more used to the XS. What i was disapointed with was the 800ho power. the etec clearly pulled harder and it showed it side by side runs.

D

Deleted member 10829

They had lots of riding time on both and it was a comparison of the 600, not the 800. For the 800 comparison, see the Shoot Out results. Poo won 3 of the 4 categories and Cat the other. :)

misty_pines

American Snowmobiler New York Shootout Information

Here are a few couple quotes from the American Snowmobiler New York Shootout in the Feb 2015 magazine along with some dyno horsepower figures:

"It is important to note that all the sleds were 'out of the box' so the break-in time had not been achieved. Each of these machines, especially the Ski-Doo, will most likely make even more power." "...for full disclosure, the Cat and Polaris were crossover versions". This would seem to account of more traction and a bit quicker hole shot one would think. I wish they would have tested comparable modes (all short track or all crossovers) but that didn't happen this year.

"It is important to reiterate just how close these 800cc sleds were in both top mph, throughout the acceleration run and in elapsed time. With only 1.24 mph separating these sleds at top end and half-second difference in ET, most of the runs were within a sled length of each other. At 100 mph that is difficult to do and shows that rider size, aerodynamics and more could play a large part in which buddy of yours will have the edge in top speed."

Dyno horsepower figures tested by Dynotech on the brand new, not broken in engines from this test were:

Cat XF 6000 Sno Pro - 124.6 hp
Poo Switchback 600 - 121.8 hp
Doo MXZ TNT 118.9 hp
Yammi Viper RTX - 126.8 hp
Cat ZR8000 - 153.7 hp
Poo Switchback 800 - 145.3 hp
Doo MXZ 800 - 156.4 hp
Cat ZR9000 turbo - 174.1 hp
Yammi Viper turbo - 175.3 hp

It pretty amazing how close things are these days.

D

Deleted member 10829

I see you left out some quotes from that article, most notably the one below from the 150+ Stock Sleds.

"Polaris dispelled any rumors that its new 800 machine would not compete as the new Axys showed the top box stock 1/4 mile mph at 100.89 mph and the quickest elapsed time of 12.050 seconds. These performance stats are also more impressive considering that the Polaris 800 pulled the fewest number of ponies on Dynotech's dyno at 145.3 hp and was a longer track 137-inch sled."

"This sled is tuned well and is SUPER lightweight."

misty_pines

I see you left out some quotes from that article, most notably the one below from the 150+ Stock Sleds.

"Polaris dispelled any rumors that its new 800 machine would not compete as the new Axys showed the top box stock 1/4 mile mph at 100.89 mph and the quickest elapsed time of 12.050 seconds. These performance stats are also more impressive considering that the Polaris 800 pulled the fewest number of ponies on Dynotech's dyno at 145.3 hp and was a longer track 137-inch sled."

"This sled is tuned well and is SUPER lightweight."

Right on mspease. Many more other parts of the article are also noteworthy for sure. I meant to post the information in a non-biased manner just to provide additional facts regarding the shoot out test. The light weight and the clutching on that Polaris is impressive for sure. It's not all about the horsepower. Clutching, weight, traction, etc. are very important for sure and Polaris nails it with this stuff. My opinion is that their is no "best" sled these days. Brand loyalty is fine, but only to a point. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to haggle once in a while :).

momoney2123

They had lots of riding time on both and it was a comparison of the 600, not the 800. For the 800 comparison, see the Shoot Out results. Poo won 3 of the 4 categories and Cat the other. :)

Yup and we come to find out the cat and poo were set up by professional drag racers and didnt follow any of the rules, mainly studding. The doo wasnt studded nearly as many as both the others and set up by a dealer that didnt know any better, and people that were there said it was spinning bad. the cat and poo werent. Lot of real world data on the "high output"...they arent as fast with production boxes and tunes.

Last edited:

ezra

Yup and we come to find out the cat and poo were set up by professional drag racers and didnt follow any of the rules, mainly studding. The doo wasnt studded nearly as many as both the others and set up by a dealer that didnt know any better, and people that were there said it was spinning bad. the cat and poo werent. Lot of real world data on the "high output"...they arent very strong.
is that this yr or from 2 yrs ago? just because 2 sleds were studded 2 yrs ago that is not the case every yr. just like when a few yrs back a huge sled builder sent out there sled with a race program in it .dose not mean they did it again this yr.
as far as any sleds not being very strong in real world?
just page over a few yrs of ice /snow /grass results in all classes. it will become clear what manufacture dominates yr after yr in straight line racing.

momoney2123

is that this yr or from 2 yrs ago? just because 2 sleds were studded 2 yrs ago that is not the case every yr. just like when a few yrs back a huge sled builder sent out there sled with a race program in it .dose not mean they did it again this yr.
as far as any sleds not being very strong in real world?
just page over a few yrs of ice /snow /grass results in all classes. it will become clear what manufacture dominates yr after yr in straight line racing.

this year. MY 2015. There were rules in place that the dealers were supposed to follow. D an D , well known in the drag racing game, and the poo dealer i forget the name, is as well. they didnt follow the rules. The doo dealer did, only had studs up the middle.... The other 2 studded to the hill. and they launched out of the hole, while the doo spun. Many people saw this and testify to it and they had longer tracks!!!! hmmmmmmmmm drag races are won off the line.

Yup cats are fast currently in stock form, you can lean them down.... YOU CANNOT LEAN DOWN AN ETEC, doo wont let you, it sux but its the way it is. So they dont win in the grass or even compete, on ice they doo well. Look who won the minnesota cup at haydays aka the super bowl of grass drags... AGAIN. Wisconsin CUP....hmmmmmmm..points champion in mod classes....again.....

tuff to beat the cats in stock form, if the doo race department let doo lean down the etec they would compete. but they dont woant people leaning them down to much and smoking the engine i guess....i duno. you would think they would allow the racers to run on the edge. but the etecs are rich in the cold, let alone the 90 degree heat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10829

Right on mspease. Many more other parts of the article are also noteworthy for sure. I meant to post the information in a non-biased manner just to provide additional facts regarding the shoot out test. The light weight and the clutching on that Polaris is impressive for sure. It's not all about the horsepower. Clutching, weight, traction, etc. are very important for sure and Polaris nails it with this stuff. My opinion is that their is no "best" sled these days. Brand loyalty is fine, but only to a point. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun to haggle once in a while :).

I agree, they all make a pretty good sled, and that's good for all of us as they keep pushing each other. I rode my buddies new El Tigre this week and thought that rode very nice. I didn't have many bumps to test it, but it handled well.

1fujifilm

Here are a few couple quotes from the American Snowmobiler New York Shootout in the Feb 2015 magazine along with some dyno horsepower figures:

"It is important to note that all the sleds were 'out of the box' so the break-in time had not been achieved. Each of these machines, especially the Ski-Doo, will most likely make even more power." "...for full disclosure, the Cat and Polaris were crossover versions". This would seem to account of more traction and a bit quicker hole shot one would think. I wish they would have tested comparable modes (all short track or all crossovers) but that didn't happen this year.

"It is important to reiterate just how close these 800cc sleds were in both top mph, throughout the acceleration run and in elapsed time. With only 1.24 mph separating these sleds at top end and half-second difference in ET, most of the runs were within a sled length of each other. At 100 mph that is difficult to do and shows that rider size, aerodynamics and more could play a large part in which buddy of yours will have the edge in top speed."

Dyno horsepower figures tested by Dynotech on the brand new, not broken in engines from this test were:

Cat XF 6000 Sno Pro - 124.6 hp
Poo Switchback 600 - 121.8 hp
Doo MXZ TNT 118.9 hp
Yammi Viper RTX - 126.8 hp
Cat ZR8000 - 153.7 hp
Poo Switchback 800 - 145.3 hp
Doo MXZ 800 - 156.4 hp
Cat ZR9000 turbo - 174.1 hp
Yammi Viper turbo - 175.3 hp

It pretty amazing how close things are these days.

Hello,
I have to agree with the comment about making more power after a Ski-Doo break in. I just hit 350 miles on my 15 Renegade 600 E-tec and I can tell the efficiency and power has been recalculated by the computer. The engine is so much crisper and you can hear that sucker hum. Can't wait for the mileage to go up as well as lower oil consumption.

Frank

Hoosier

this year. MY 2015. There were rules in place that the dealers were supposed to follow. D an D , well known in the drag racing game, and the poo dealer i forget the name, is as well. they didnt follow the rules. The doo dealer did, only had studs up the middle.... The other 2 studded to the hill. and they launched out of the hole, while the doo spun. Many people saw this and testify to it and they had longer tracks!!!! hmmmmmmmmm drag races are won off the line.

Yup cats are fast currently in stock form, you can lean them down.... YOU CANNOT LEAN DOWN AN ETEC, doo wont let you, it sux but its the way it is. So they dont win in the grass or even compete, on ice they doo well. Look who won the minnesota cup at haydays aka the super bowl of grass drags... AGAIN. Wisconsin CUP....hmmmmmmm..points champion in mod classes....again.....

tuff to beat the cats in stock form, if the doo race department let doo lean down the etec they would compete. but they dont woant people leaning them down to much and smoking the engine i guess....i duno. you would think they would allow the racers to run on the edge. but the etecs are rich in the cold, let alone the 90 degree heat.

So in other words, you can't beat Doo. But if you doo, you must be cheating. Every time.

momoney2123

So in other words, you can't beat Doo. But if you doo, you must be cheating. Every time.

Nope, but to say cat dominates isnt true. In certain classes, yes. But there are reasons why, they have no competition in 800cc grass drag. poo didnt make the power Cat did, maybe next year axys will compete with cat, and doo you cant lean down which wont make the power, so yes the cat dominates that. Doo dominated mod classes at haydays and wausau. gotta compare apples to apples instead of making blanket statements.Most people look at the shootout resutls and say yea poo is unbeatable, in real world not the case. All sleds are fast in the right hands. But that shootout 2 of the sleds were in pro's hands, and nothing agaisnt that but its not apples to appples.